+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
IP1 and IP2 are made up terms and don't mean anything. So don't worry about that. If that is very important for you than it is IP1. As I said since you're in Ottawa you can expect your PPR in November. If it was in any other office you had no chance to get PPR before Jan/Feb.
@cansha , Is there a particular reason for this? I mean to wait till Jan/Feb to get PPRs. Do other offices operate slowly or what?

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
I assume that every update on the profile triggers an email notification, but I am not sure as I did not have any update so far.
Not necessarily. I did not receive any updates on my email when our medical was passed. CIC updates on the portal and email is all over the place.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can you explain me. Is there any particular reason for waiting till November?

AOR : 23rd July
MP & IP1: Aug 15
As per trends 4th month from AOR is most productive for PPRs and most PPRs are issued from Ottawa in this month. You can look at June thread to see. The 4th month for July will be Nov and hence your best chance for PPR if you're in Ottawa.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha , Is there a particular reason for this? I mean to wait till Jan/Feb to get PPRs. Do other offices operate slowly or what?
I don't know "particular" reason. It is based on my experience and whatever data I have seen.

Here is a back of napkin kind of calculation. As per the CIC data in 2017 56% of applications were either from Canada or USA (Residence country). Let's say 80% of all these application end up in Ottawa ... that is ~44% applications. And this number is very close to the %age of PPR we see in <=4 months. And, if you see most people who get PPR <4 months are from Ottawa.

So, at a very basic level Ottawa does bulk of the work in 4 months. Not saying PPRs don't come in from other visa offices but a large percentage is from Ottawa, which simply means to meet the 80% target other VO issue PPR in month 5/6.

And also you need to understand their clock starts from R10 check which was approximately 2 weeks from AOR date till June/July.

I have been seeing in Sep thread that now MEP is taking 4 weeks. MEP is almost a good approximation for R10 as per many GCMS notes that I have seen. So basically IRCC is already building in buffer for their 80% target.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Silent reader for a while...

FSWO Nigeria
CPC Ottawa
Aor 4th July
Mep and IP1 20th July
Received GCMS notes on 26 September and saw review required in Analyst's notes for Stat and POF but eligibility, met.
Received a CIC email an hour ago, logged in and noticed I had moved to IP2 with request to pay my Rprf fees.

July AOR about to get busy I guess.

Goodluck to us all!
So 3 months after AOR is when they move to IP2. That is not bad and quite fast.