+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

lightninh

May 28, 2018
The waiting game is driving us crazy why is the Singapore VO so slow . My wife is from Vietnam I am Canadian citizen. We apply in July and CIC got our application on July 18. Sept 9 they request schedule and police report, we have it ready so we sent it to them on the same day. We also inform Singapore Vo that my wife is currently pregnant via webform. Dec 9 they want my wife her daughter to get a medical check up. Email them and asked if we can hold off on the X ray since my wife was pregnant. They inform us that we can hold off the X ray until she delivered the baby. Our file will be on hold until the baby is delivered and we send them the birth certificate. She did a full check up since her doctor said baby is over 20 weeks. On March 16 our son was born. We sent away his birth certificate and we when to get his Canada citizenship.

We have been waiting until now and still no respond. We check GC online daily but no new message. Hurry up and wait is what we been doing since

Rofiq2018

Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
july 7, 2017
File Transfer...
Sept 25, 2017
Med's Request
Nov 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
The waiting game is driving us crazy why is the Singapore VO so slow . My wife is from Vietnam I am Canadian citizen. We apply in July and CIC got our application on July 18. Sept 9 they request schedule and police report, we have it ready so we sent it to them on the same day. We also inform Singapore Vo that my wife is currently pregnant via webform. Dec 9 they want my wife her daughter to get a medical check up. Email them and asked if we can hold off on the X ray since my wife was pregnant. They inform us that we can hold off the X ray until she delivered the baby. Our file will be on hold until the baby is delivered and we send them the birth certificate. She did a full check up since her doctor said baby is over 20 weeks. On March 16 our son was born. We sent away his birth certificate and we when to get his Canada citizenship.

We have been waiting until now and still no respond. We check GC online daily but no new message. Hurry up and wait is what we been doing since
I am applicant of July 7, 2017. medical passed November 18, 2017. until waiting for their decision. Singapore visa office. I am from Bangladesh. My wife is a Canadian Citizen by born and we have also a 7 months daughter who also born in Toronto. I don't know , how long I have to wait for their decision.

L_Graham

May 16, 2018

L_Graham

May 16, 2018
In our case, CIC received our application last year Aug 3. And then we had our Medical also last year Dec and we passed the medical exam. We received an invitation from CIC to go for Pre-Arrival Seminar last Feb and I went to attend that orientation for 2 consecutive days. And after that the waiting game begins. Recently I noticed that my BC went to "updated" and from that I am hoping that we'll get good news very soon like getting a PPR. Yah right, this waiting game drives me crazy everyday. Not only me but also to my husband who's been waiting patiently. Hope and pray for us to get good news very soon. Good luck!

Rofiq2018

Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
july 7, 2017
File Transfer...
Sept 25, 2017
Med's Request
Nov 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
July 5th applicant. Did an MP inquiry and was told the following:
Eligibility: in process
Criminality: not started
Hear back date is June 1st
So they should be updating my husband’s file by that date.
Lets hope for the best!
please inform update information of your case. I am July 7 Applicant

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
N
please inform update information of your case. I am July 7 Applicant
No update whatsoever. 11 months now :/
Is there another whatsapp group to join since NDVO 2017 one is full?

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
9 sep 2017
File Transfer...
23 October 2017
Med's Request
14 December 2017
Med's Done....
18 December 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
N

No update whatsoever. 11 months now :/
Is there another whatsapp group to join since NDVO 2017 one is full?
I am also july 31 applicant and in dec 17 i finished my medical and after that till on my gckey no updates .only they said interview and biometric is waived and background check in progress. Do you have and idea about mp request .my wife said there local mp is ahmed hussein who is also immigration minister. So do you think is he taken negatively or positively if my wife request for inquiry about my file?i mean is it worthy
Thanks to read and waiting for your assistance

lightninh

May 28, 2018
I did ask my federal MP in Edmonton Alberta to check on my file. All they (the assistant) can do is check what we already know. They can't do anything until we past our 1 year mark.

Prachi_PZ

May 22, 2018
July 19, 2017 Application (New Delhi Visa Office) - Guys.. Today, I have received Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter on CIC website and ECAS status is changed from In Progress to Decision Made under Permanent Residence Application Status. Is it good news already? I guess the July applications process has been begun. :)

Last edited:

AF1227

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
7th July 2017
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
7th November 2017
Med's Request
25th August 2017
Med's Done....
29th August 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
7th June 2018
VISA ISSUED...
25th June 2018
LANDED..........
28th June 2018
July 19, 2017 Application (New Delhi Visa Office) - Guys.. Today, I have received Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter on CIC website and ECAS status is changed from In Progress to Decision Made under Permanent Residence Application Status. Is it good news already? I guess the July applications process has been begun. :)
Yes it’s very good news...I’m July 7th I got pre arrival email today as well...waiting for DM...you can expect passport request tomorrow or by Monday...all the best :)

KayEll

Sep 15, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Doc's Request.
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2018
LANDED..........
24-06-2018
I am also july 31 applicant and in dec 17 i finished my medical and after that till on my gckey no updates .only they said interview and biometric is waived and background check in progress. Do you have and idea about mp request .my wife said there local mp is ahmed hussein who is also immigration minister. So do you think is he taken negatively or positively if my wife request for inquiry about my file?i mean is it worthy
Thanks to read and waiting for your assistance
I did MP inquiry because I never received GCMS notes that I applied for on April 3rd. They told the MP that my husband’s eligibility is in process and I should hear something by June 1st and if I don’t, I go back to see them again next Friday. So I have no idea what to expect and when.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
I did MP inquiry because I never received GCMS notes that I applied for on April 3rd. They told the MP that my husband’s eligibility is in process and I should hear something by June 1st and if I don’t, I go back to see them again next Friday. So I have no idea what to expect and when.
MP ??

Prachi_PZ

May 22, 2018
from @scylla,

"MP is your member of parliament (in Canada). MPs cannot change a decision that CIC has made and they cannot speed up the processing of your application. Where MPs can sometimes be useful is if the processing time of your application has significantly exceeded normal processing times. In these cases they can help by inquiring why the application has exceeded normal processing times. But again, they can't change a CIC decision and they can't speed up the processing of an application."

I think MP is more helpful when your application exceeds the approximate waiting period for the county you applying from.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: goteborg