Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
The thing is that it never went to court... the police made a kind of meditation and it was resolved right away. Police doesnt own these documents anymore... they were rude with us they told us '' dont you read the police certificate? it says it is CLEARED 18 years ago...you really think we would keep that kind of record that long for such minor case?''

It is really anoying... actually we made a mistake... we send the national police certificate where this is written but government was actually asking for national court clearance... we went for this actual paper they were asking and it says that his record is clean! but as we submitted the wrong document they were asking everything about the case :\ ... We submitted the document they were actually asking but i am really worried as we dont have any documents from the police about this case anymore.

How long is the process of deemed rehabilitated? How do you know they are going to make you through this process?

We just submitted a written explanation that these paper doesnt exist anymore...you dont think it is enough?
Deemed rehabilitation is for those with charges taken place after 5 years but before 10 years. This process can take up to 5 months. After 10 years, I'm not sure. If the paperwork is all in order it probably just get's done within your application time-frame - but I don't know this for a fact.

Your best option is to have the police, government or other organisation involved to write a statement stating nothing on file after this time and the case was dealt with by mediation. If that's not possible you will need to submit a letter from a lawyer outlining why nothing is on file and that all the information available has been submitted.

In my case the transcript made by the courts of what the judge said is no longer available and was available only as audio. Minor cases audio trans scripts are kept for only 5 years and then destroyed. I asked for a email or letter stating this for immigration purposes and they obliged.

If all else fails you will have to submit a letter on your own saying you have done everything possible but without legal backup of a lawyer, police or judge it will not be as strong and they may ask you to go back and get a letter. OR they might accept it since it was 18 years ago. Have you emailed them as well to outline everything you've done, they might email back with another option?

princessindeed

Mar 26, 2018
guys I am going for an interview soon but they ask me to bring proof of communication and I have loads to present I was thinking if do I need to translate in English everything that I sent? they are like so many pages it is making me crazy....I would appreciate your advised.

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
guys I am going for an interview soon but they ask me to bring proof of communication and I have loads to present I was thinking if do I need to translate in English everything that I sent? they are like so many pages it is making me crazy....I would appreciate your advised.
I would recommend translate as much as you can.

JULLIE

Jun 7, 2017
Good day everyone. I got my passport back with the PR stamp last month - I am planning to land in Canada next month. Is it necessary that I have to land in Toronto or Vancouver? I'd like to have it in Calgary.

Thanks.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Good day everyone. I got my passport back with the PR stamp last month - I am planning to land in Canada next month. Is it necessary that I have to land in Toronto or Vancouver? I'd like to have it in Calgary.

Thanks.
It would depend on whether you can get a direct flight to Calgary if you want to land there.

When flying, you'll go through immigration formalities at the first airport in Canada you land at. If that's Calgary then there should be no problem to land there. However if you have to connect in Toronto or Vancouver, then you will have to do your landing there.

JULLIE

Jun 7, 2017
It would depend on whether you can get a direct flight to Calgary if you want to land there.

When flying, you'll go through immigration formalities at the first airport in Canada you land at. If that's Calgary then there should be no problem to land there. However if you have to connect in Toronto or Vancouver, then you will have to do your landing there.

Thank you..

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018

Thanks.
You can land at any Airport or Land crossing into Canada. You tell the officer you are "landing as a new resident." If you visa has been issued with conditions such as must work only in Ontario then landing in Calgary you must provide proof you are going to Ontario such as onward ticket or job offer. You can still go into Calgary though. Same applies that if your conditions are work only Quebec. You must show proof you are onward to there and not living in Calgary. If you have no conditions then landing in Calgary is fine but most flights go to Vancouver/Toronto first unless you have a direct flight from your hometown to Calgary such as England

JULLIE

Jun 7, 2017
You can land at any Airport or Land crossing into Canada. You tell the officer you are "landing as a new resident." If you visa has been issued with conditions such as must work only in Ontario then landing in Calgary you must provide proof you are going to Ontario such as onward ticket or job offer. You can still go into Calgary though. Same applies that if your conditions are work only Quebec. You must show proof you are onward to there and not living in Calgary. If you have no conditions then landing in Calgary is fine but most flights go to Vancouver/Toronto first unless you have a direct flight from your hometown to Calgary such as England

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Rofiq2018

Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
july 7, 2017
File Transfer...
Sept 25, 2017
Med's Request
Nov 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting

Salyd

Nov 24, 2017
Hi does anybody know what it means when they ask for passport request for permanent residence to Canada they ask where the dependent is gona be intending in living in Canada means? Well what if my husband and I dont have a place to stay overthere yet should we place an address of a friend for now and if we find a place to rent later we can update it with IRCC?

L.G.O.

May 24, 2017
Are there still July applicants still waiting for PPR? I am a July applicant, Last updated I got was Dec 2017 for Background check Inprocess. Should I email MVO? Or CIC? Or Should I just wait?

Mar 13, 2018
Are there still July applicants still waiting for PPR? I am a July applicant, Last updated I got was Dec 2017 for Background check Inprocess. Should I email MVO? Or CIC? Or Should I just wait?
Im in the same boat as u.last update was dec 2017 bgcip and pre arrival..

Bubbb

Feb 18, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Anyone from Rome Vo here ?

ladyElGi

Aug 16, 2017
July 14th applicant, Pre-arrival in January. Waiting.
I think they are still busy with May and June applicants. I see quite a few of June applicants are still waiting.

Ceejee

Mar 27, 2017
I am July Applicant. Last update March 27 2018 additional documents Schedule A. Thats all. I am still waiting.