+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

samcheema

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Hello All, wondering if this is the final stage before getting the PPR. Also, does anyone know how long will it take after the background check to get the PPR?

Reactions: emeritus and Taj23

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hello Guys, Today I got an update on my GCKEY saying
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. I think this means my File has been received by Moscow VO . It was first in Warsaw, Poland. Background check started January 21. Do you guys think they are now finally looking at my BGC or if this means they finally received by file? 1 month and few days just passed after the BGC status. I Hope I get good news soon.

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace
hey guys. I Got PPR. YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
London VO
July 4th Applicant

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
hey guys. I Got PPR. YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
London VO
July 4th Applicant
Hey congrats!!!

When was your background check updated to "We are processing..." - did you see that? Did you receive pre-arrival email, if so when? Is your ECAS updated to DM - when was it updated?

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm happy to share the good news like all you guys that my spouse just received the PPR. We should be submitting the passport sometime soon. We are also expecting a child in 3 weeks. I have contacted CIC and they let me know which additional documents I need to submit for the newborn. My question is once my spouse submits the passport and by the time she will get it back hopefully the child will be born. Now my understanding is her application will be closed once she receives the passport back. Then if I submit the documents would they re-open the application?

Please answer if you have any knowledge on this. There are many knowledgeable people in this blog and your input will be greatly appreciated.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
people who had bgc status as NA for the longest time- did your bgc status suddenly change from NA to "we are processing your bgc..." yesterday?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi guys. My wife sent an email to the embassy in Bogota, since I am in a very tough situation at my home, where I live with my two brothers, my mother and my mother's husband. They've got my passport since December 6th, day of my interview, and my medical exam was passed on January 29th, which was the last thing to do. Now they have everything they need, but they are taking their sweet time (don't really understand why despite the explanation provided in the email they've sent us). Here's the email:

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your email (see below).

We understand the unique circumstance that you have described. Your husband’s application is in queue for visa printing. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received and there is no further update that can be given at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

At this point I have no idea how much longer it will take. Does anyone have an idea of how long it could take?

Reactions: emeritus

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Hi guys. My wife sent an email to the embassy in Bogota, since I am in a very tough situation at my home, where I live with my two brothers, my mother and my mother's husband. They've got my passport since December 6th, day of my interview, and my medical exam was passed on January 29th, which was the last thing to do. Now they have everything they need, but they are taking their sweet time (don't really understand why despite the explanation provided in the email they've sent us). Here's the email:

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your email (see below).

We understand the unique circumstance that you have described. Your husband’s application is in queue for visa printing. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received and there is no further update that can be given at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

At this point I have no idea how much longer it will take. Does anyone have an idea of how long it could take?
Firstly, congrats! Secondly, I am sorry to hear about the tough situation.. no es facil.. All you can do is wait.. it is a very bureaucratic process.. this is the government after all. They probably wait to have a batch of applications with visas ready to send out, then when they stamp a certain number, they send them out all at once. In addition, the case is approved, but still needs to get the final seal of approval from a senior officer/lead officer. Could be once a week or once a month. It is like an assembly line.. they are not in a hurry. Do not worry, just a tiny bit more of penitence and you will get the visa. :)

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Firstly, congrats! Secondly, I am sorry to hear about the tough situation.. no es facil.. All you can do is wait.. it is a very bureaucratic process.. this is the government after all. They probably wait to have a batch of applications with visas ready to send out, then when they stamp a certain number, they send them out all at once. In addition, the case is approved, but still needs to get the final seal of approval from a senior officer/lead officer. Could be once a week or once a month. It is like an assembly line.. they are not in a hurry. Do not worry, just a tiny bit more of penitence and you will get the visa. :)
I think it's more like, they have a different department that prints all the visas. So they print visas for the applications that the other departments send them, like permanent residency, TRV, work permits, study permits, all of them. And then they print the visas in the order from which they receive the applications that those departments send them. I think that's how it is. And also, probably they do send them out in batches sometimes, although I'm not sure it's always like that. The last person who got the passport back from the embassy in Bogota, at least that I know of, was in the first week of January.

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hey guys , Im really confused and worried where my file is. Apparently my file is still not received by Moscow VO . They replied to me just now. So why would GCkey update "Addtional documents being reviewed" when the file is no where near its destination. How much longer does it take for s transfer its been a month and few days now. So frustrating... :(

Fm1

Mar 2, 2018
Hello everyone, i applied in may 2017. Does anyone know if i would be asked to send in passport for visa anytime soon?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm happy to share the good news like all you guys that my spouse just received the PPR. We should be submitting the passport sometime soon. We are also expecting a child in 3 weeks. I have contacted CIC and they let me know which additional documents I need to submit for the newborn. My question is once my spouse submits the passport and by the time she will get it back hopefully the child will be born. Now my understanding is her application will be closed once she receives the passport back. Then if I submit the documents would they re-open the application?

Please answer if you have any knowledge on this. There are many knowledgeable people in this blog and your input will be greatly appreciated.
If your wife receives the COPR and your new born is not on it, please don't use that COPR to land. You will have to submit the updated form(s) to CIC with your new born's passport, then CIC may or may not ask your new born to do the medical. If everything works out, CIC will issue a new COPR with your new born on it. The process will take additional months.

Again, Congrats on having a baby!

Btw, are you a PR or citizen?