+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

Just to update i am an july applicant, My File was received on 18 July and Got AOR2 on 13 october since then no update from London Vo.

My question is, my wife gave birth to a baby girl in canada in november and we have not updated this to cic and since she is born in canada there will be no issues with her status, should we update to cic about our baby girl? anyone know the process? so that when i get my Visa to canada there will be no further delay
Congratulations! Yes, you have to notify CIC. You need to provide them with the birth certificate of the child.

Reactions: fahad10

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Guys,

My file was received on July 21st. My last correspondence was a medical request, which has been completed. Besides that I have received the eligibility email, submitted PCC and my file was transferred to the Singapore visa office. When I logged into my account it still shows my spouse's background check hasn't started. I know it is different for everybody but the medical was done at the month of december and of course it feels like forever. Anyone in this thread who's background check hasn't started or I am the lone shark here.

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hello everyone, just wanted to share after 3 months my application sitting in Warsaw VO my GCKey finally says "Background check in progress". Also sent an email to them and they just replied we are working on it and they contact me as soon as they are readt to communicate furthur requirements. Hope i ger PPR soooooooon :( All the best guys !

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
Guys,

My file was received on July 21st. My last correspondence was a medical request, which has been completed. Besides that I have received the eligibility email, submitted PCC and my file was transferred to the Singapore visa office. When I logged into my account it still shows my spouse's background check hasn't started. I know it is different for everybody but the medical was done at the month of december and of course it feels like forever. Anyone in this thread who's background check hasn't started or I am the lone shark here.
my file was received july 20 been transferred to lvo sept 21 med passed sept 18 since then no news... atleast you got eligibility... i dont most of us from lvo havent either

Reactions: emeritus

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Hello everyone,

Just to update i am an july applicant, My File was received on 18 July and Got AOR2 on 13 october since then no update from London Vo.

My question is, my wife gave birth to a baby girl in canada in november and we have not updated this to cic and since she is born in canada there will be no issues with her status, should we update to cic about our baby girl? anyone know the process? so that when i get my Visa to canada there will be no further delay
Many Congrats Fahad on your Baby girl! and my wife's file (PA) is also started on July 18th, 2017 and file moved to LVO on Sept 18th, 2017. now more than 4 months no word from LVO. While other VOs like mississauga, Manila NDVO and Nairoubi issuing spousal visas in just 6 months. so sad

Reactions: fahad10

Tirilita

Sep 5, 2017
Hi Everyone!
Just joined the group so I hope it’s ok if I just ask a question specific to my situation.
I’m Canadian and my husband is German and we are living in Germany - have been the last 7 years.
We have planned the big move back already and we would already be leaving in March. If he enters Canada as a visitor then I submit the paperwork for his sponsorship /open work permit at entry, is there anything that needs to be taken into consideration? I’ve spoken to immigration Canada via phone and that’s what they suggested rather than applying from Germany since any interview etc would then have to be conducted here if I submit an Outland application.

What could you suggest? If anyone had any info it would be really appreciated. Trying to get in touch with anyone at cic/ircc seems to not be super easy if you’re not in Canada unfortunately

Thanks everyone for your help.
Hi,
My advice is to apply inland. I am in the same situation as you, I am Spanish and my husband is Canadian but we were living in the USA when we decided to come and live in Canada. We have 2 daughters (4 and 2 year old) and they have dual citizenship Canadian/Spanish. We wanted to start the process ASAP so we applied Outland...it was a big mistake! It’s been almost 6 months since we applied and nothing yet! I had to apply for a visa extension since I can only visit for 6 months (passport stamp) and I am also waiting for the extension approval which can take 3 months, so I will be soon in an “implied status” situation. So in limbo! Also, as a visitor you can only drive with your foreign license for 6 months. If they reject my extension what are we supposed to do? Break the family apart? And for how long? This is just nonsense!

For your peace of mind wait until you get to Canada and apply inland so your wife will be able to work after 4 months, can stay in the country without worries, and can get a driving license.
Another piece of advice check “Canadian blue cross” for long-term travel health insurance, it was 2 times cheaper than any European one.

Reactions: Reetypd

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
hi guys we just got our passport back with Visa stamped. now our process is complete in exactly 6 months + few weeks since app received. good luck to the rest of you! may we bump each other here in Canada someday.

full timeline on my signature.
Congrats!!!

fahad10

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Many Congrats Fahad on your Baby girl! and my wife's file (PA) is also started on July 18th, 2017 and file moved to LVO on Sept 18th, 2017. now more than 4 months no word from LVO. While other VOs like mississauga, Manila NDVO and Nairoubi issuing spousal visas in just 6 months. so sad
Khancanada, did you get 2nd line in ecas that they started processing your application which is aor2 i got that on 13 october since then no reply

Reactions: khancanada

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Khancanada, did you get 2nd line in ecas that they started processing your application which is aor2 i got that on 13 october since then no reply
Yes ecas says 22nd sept processing started so 4 months already

Last edited:

Dreamss

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Uganda
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam
App. Filed.......
28-05-2019
Doc's Request.
13-11-2019
AOR Received.
08-09-2017
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
20-10-2019
same here, my app started process 22 Oct, 2017 by VO but now medical or PCC request yet, Can you guide me what to do with PCC? Should I just Submit without their request?

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
same here, my app started process 22 Oct, 2017 by VO but now medical or PCC request yet, Can you guide me what to do with PCC? Should I just Submit without their request?
you should at least get your medical request. I have submitted my wife applicaiton in july 2017 and she got her medical request in sept right after 1 month even before. PCC i have submitted upfront so they never asked. do u have ur PCC ready? if yes then wait for couple of weeks

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
what is COPR and PPR?
PPR =Passport request letter sent by Visa office to stamp your passport.
COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter given to you with your stamped passport which will allow you to land as a Permanent resident (PR)