Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Waiting for my TCOPR/"Passport". Does anyone know generally how long Ottawa takes to receive, send it back out?

I know Ottawa has it, but as you all know it's just a matter of waiting. Going a little stir crazy though knowing the finish line is so close, and I've already had a transfer position offered through my current employer so that's just waiting for me. Along with my wife of course.

rawr

Jan 22, 2017
US
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Congrats!! Did you get notice that your background check had started, or Decision Made, prior to receiving the passport request?
I didn't check for a week or so but I never noticed the background check changing, just logged in and saw Decision Made when I got the passport request.

Reactions: MizKat

Socloseyetsofar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
How is PPR recieved? ecas changed to decision made on the 3rd of january but i still haven't recieved anything and when i look on spreadsheet i see most people who were decision made got PPR same or next day

Socloseyetsofar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
I didn't check for a week or so but I never noticed the background check changing, just logged in and saw Decision Made when I got the passport request.
how did you get PPR notification and where did you see Decision made? ecas or gckey?

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi Everyone!
Just joined the group so I hope it’s ok if I just ask a question specific to my situation.
I’m Canadian and my husband is German and we are living in Germany - have been the last 7 years.
We have planned the big move back already and we would already be leaving in March. If he enters Canada as a visitor then I submit the paperwork for his sponsorship /open work permit at entry, is there anything that needs to be taken into consideration? I’ve spoken to immigration Canada via phone and that’s what they suggested rather than applying from Germany since any interview etc would then have to be conducted here if I submit an Outland application.

What could you suggest? If anyone had any info it would be really appreciated. Trying to get in touch with anyone at cic/ircc seems to not be super easy if you’re not in Canada unfortunately

Thanks everyone for your help.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everyone!
Just joined the group so I hope it’s ok if I just ask a question specific to my situation.
I’m Canadian and my husband is German and we are living in Germany - have been the last 7 years.
We have planned the big move back already and we would already be leaving in March. If he enters Canada as a visitor then I submit the paperwork for his sponsorship /open work permit at entry, is there anything that needs to be taken into consideration? I’ve spoken to immigration Canada via phone and that’s what they suggested rather than applying from Germany since any interview etc would then have to be conducted here if I submit an Outland application.

What could you suggest? If anyone had any info it would be really appreciated. Trying to get in touch with anyone at cic/ircc seems to not be super easy if you’re not in Canada unfortunately

Thanks everyone for your help.
The only things I can think of is there are no appeal options if you are rejected on an inland application and travelling outside of the country is not recommended. Many people take short trips successfully pending they meet the admissibility requirements to get back into Canada but any lengthy stay can result in you being denied entry at the border which is turn will consider your PR app abandoned.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hello guys how are you holding up?
I think my hibernation season is almost over :).
today when i check my account i found out that a final decision has been made and my application is approved and waiting my passport to return with stamped visa:).
i am so happy and wish you the same

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
The only things I can think of is there are no appeal options if you are rejected on an inland application and travelling outside of the country is not recommended. Many people take short trips successfully pending they meet the admissibility requirements to get back into Canada but any lengthy stay can result in you being denied entry at the border which is turn will consider your PR app abandoned.

What would be chances or likelihood of a rejection? I mean that would be devastating for us as we have been married already over 7 years and have a daughter together.
I couldn’t imagine they would reject it or is there even a slight chance?!