+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
Hi i'm from june applicant a filipina,aor2 recieved, medical passed. vo is in london because i was in bahrain working when i applied. I report immediately about my new res. Add. When i moved in the philippines, I'm monitoring my account everyday for any changes but vo is so silent until yesterday i decided to send enquiry thru webform and asked them if they abandon my application, wow to my suprise they replied and said "

We have received your request with your new address, and the information has been updated to reflect your new contact details.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the
information requests by post to the applicant at the mailing address provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

So i need to wait more time bec. Of this. :(
Hi! Happy Holidays!

Im thinking of doing the same. Im in Dubai, VO is in London. We almost have the same timeline. I'm thinking of transferring my papers in Manila VO too. May I know how did you do the transfer? Did you just send the change of address through webform? hope it wont take more time in processing.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi! Happy Holidays!

Im thinking of doing the same. Im in Dubai, VO is in London. We almost have the same timeline. I'm thinking of transferring my papers in Manila VO too. May I know how did you do the transfer? Did you just send the change of address through webform? hope it wont take more time in processing.
You cannot choose what vo processes your applications. It will not be transferred to another vo just because you want it to be. Generally the vo is chosen based on country of birth not residence. You can submit a webform or go onto ecas and change the address.

Reactions: aerchan and KDS_dxb

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
You cannot choose what vo processes your applications. It will not be transferred to another vo just because you want it to be. Generally the vo is chosen based on country of birth not residence. You can submit a webform or go onto ecas and change the address.
Yes I understand, I will be going back to Philippines and wait for the visa approval there. Thanks for the response, keep us posted.

Queenrock10

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Philippines
Oh is that so? How come my vo is in london? My birthplace is in the philippines and i was in bahrain working when applied for spouse visa.

Queenrock10

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Philippines
Hi! Happy Holidays!

Sorry i didnt ask them to transfer my paper . I just ask updated my current address.

Reactions: KDS_dxb

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Oh is that so? How come my vo is in london? My birthplace is in the philippines and i was in bahrain working when applied for spouse visa.
Not sure why yours is but for sure you dont get the choice as to where it is processed and cannot request for it to be transferred to another vo.

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Spouse's medical received and GCKey shows medical approved. Background check is next. Would anybody tell me how long it takes to get the background check to finish or it differs from people to people like everything else?

Reactions: emeritus

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Spouse's medical received and GCKey shows medical approved. Background check is next. Would anybody tell me how long it takes to get the background check to finish or it differs from people to people like everything else?
From browsing the forums, I've seen some people post that they had BC start very soon after medical (if it was requested later in process and not upfront), and then week or two after background check, there is PP request.

I think it depends on each VO, but looks like trend for some is queue, then eligibility check, then medical, then BC, then PP request (if no interview required during eligibility/relationship check).

Reactions: ALIAHMED9890

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
From browsing the forums, I've seen some people post that they had BC start very soon after medical (if it was requested later in process and not upfront), and then week or two after background check, there is PP request.

I think it depends on each VO, but looks like trend for some is queue, then eligibility check, then medical, then BC, then PP request (if no interview required during eligibility/relationship check).
Great! Thank you for the reply.

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Great! Thank you for the reply.
Np! Of course every case is individual, but there seems to be some trends if there are otherwise no issues with the case and no interview required. If you browse through the other threads (April to August outland), you will get a sense of the most recent timeline trends. Also, on facebook there are groups where ppl post timelines.

Key is to have patience and submit all requested info/docs on time. We are all close to the 6 month mark, this is a big milestone, have faith, all will be ok :)

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
The process is complete for us . Passport returned Today Dec-28 . Good luck to you all , and do not be discouraged . Stay on top of your file and all will go through eventually .
Congrats!!

When did they request your pp?

Reactions: Queenrock10