+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

haXudon

May 31, 2015
Anyone from Manila also got the "Planning for Canada" email? Is it mandatory?
are you a July applicant? i don't see your timeline in the spreadsheet. let us know your timeline and maybe someone here can answer that question. otherwise, you should be asking in other threads.

haXudon

May 31, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have question would appreciate if someone can answer, I am July applicant my file has been transferred to my VO (London) after done everything (Med, Police report, Sch A) but a week before we have got child. How can we inform to CIC that we have got child ? do we need to send an e-mail if yes which email ? need your help your urgent response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
the easiest way is to do it by webform in PA GCKEY. when you get your birth certificate, scan and attach it on the webform. congrats!

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello all,

Need your input on my current situation.

I was asked to submit sch A and police certificate for my spouse on AUG 30th (when I linked my account) and they asked me submit them by oct 7 (which I did) but when I log in to my online account it still says your action is required beside my current application??

Also, this is how my account status detail look like -

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was never asked to submit a medical report and I have successfully received AOR2 which states I am eligible to sponsor my spouse and the file got transferred to Singapore Visa Office. Then how come in the details it says they are still reviewing my eligibility.

I know the process is different for everybody but my details staying the same puts some concern in my mind.

Reactions: buhe

princessmaycalata

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello all,

I was asked to submit sch A and police certificate for my spouse on AUG 30th (when I linked my account) and they asked me submit them by oct 7 (which I did) but when I log in to my online account it still says your action is required beside my current application??

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was never asked to submit a medical report and I have successfully received AOR2 which states I am eligible to sponsor my spouse and the file got transferred to Singapore Visa Office. Then how come in the details it says they are still reviewing my eligibility.

I know the process is different for everybody but my details staying the same puts some concern in my mind.
We almost got the same situation, it’s just that they didn’t ask for the PCC they just forwarded the file to local visa for further processing. That’s why I guest that we are too far behind from others.

Pk2017

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello all,

That account is for the PA , they are reviewing her eligibility.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hi everyone, i just wanna ask that, after you send your schedule a and police certificate how many days or weeks until you will receive a medical request? Thanks in advance
Hey there that was my question too? do you get an answer?

Application type: Family class sponsorship ( Spouse sponsorship to be exact )
Country of application: Ethiopia
Visa Office: Nairobi, Kenya

Application sent: July 23,2017
Received: July 26,2017
AOR 1: Sep 06,2017 (UCI and file number)
GCKEY Link : Sep 07,2017
Sch A and PCC request: Sep 07,2017
Sch A and PCC submitted: Sep 13,2017
Sponsor approval: Sep 15,2017
File transfer to VO : Sep 21,2017

Last edited:

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hello all,

Hey there i think we are on the same page
But don't freakout about that "your action is required" cause it is like that almost for everyone. I was also worried at first and asked fellow applicants on the forum but it is like a bug on the system and everyone say "me too" :) and also my account status detail is exactly like you. That makes us best friends :) let us update when ever there is a change.

But i have one question what is AOR2? i just got one email at first with UCI number and application number then my sponsor(my spouse) got one to grant sponsor eligibility, but not anything else. can you tell me the content of AOR2?

Here are my details

Good luck for all of us

Last edited:
Reactions: ALIAHMED9890

shabahat89

Jan 27, 2016
Hello everyone...I sponsored my wife, her background check is showing as "Not Applicable". Is this normal? If yes, then what will be the next step?
Thanks for your help!

Her timeline is as follows:

Application received: 7th Jul
AOR1: 15th Aug
Medical: 22nd Aug
PCC and Schedule A: 31st Aug
Additional information: 7th Sept
AOR2 (New Delhi): 10th Oct

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hello everyone...I sponsored my wife, her background check is showing as "Not Applicable". Is this normal? If yes, then what will be the next step?
Thanks for your help!

Her timeline is as follows:

Application received: 7th Jul
AOR1: 15th Aug
Medical: 22nd Aug
PCC and Schedule A: 31st Aug
Additional information: 7th Sept
AOR2 (New Delhi): 10th Oct
Hey shabahat89 in my case it was also like that for few weeks, then changed to " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" after almost two weeks.

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hey there i think we are on the same page
But don't freakout about that "your action is required" cause it is like that almost for everyone. I was also worried at first and asked fellow applicants on the forum but it is like a bug on the system and everyone say "me too" :) and also my account status detail is exactly like you. That makes us best friends :) let us update when ever there is a change.

But i have one question what is AOR2? i just got one email at first with UCI number and application number then my sponsor(my spouse) got one to grant sponsor eligibility, but not anything else. can you tell me the content of AOR2?

Here are my details

Good luck for all of us

I like the positive vibes you are spreading here - "my account status detail is exactly like you. That makes us best friends :) let us update when ever there is a change" - yes, this blog is really good and most of us will talk about all the positive and negative updates they get.

To answer your question - I referred the sponsor eligibility as AOR2.

Reactions: buhe

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
I like the positive vibes you are spreading here - "my account status detail is exactly like you. That makes us best friends :) let us update when ever there is a change" - yes, this blog is really good and most of us will talk about all the positive and negative updates they get.

To answer your question - I referred the sponsor eligibility as AOR2.
O thanks about the compliment
btw from what i see on spreadsheets, AOR2 is something different. I was looking on the forum after i ask you and i found out that it is an email send from your VO which talks about proof of payment and submission of police certificate if not already submitted. so you need to double check.

i found two interesting spreadsheets and already add mine, so you too can do that on the first one. And can find sample of what AOR2 and other correspondences from the VO will look like on the second one spreadsheet.
here are both the links.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Om-1xBu4OB_M6J21VmY0zOLp6gdmICYOtgu49okd6I/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=2102010404

Enjoy

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
AOR2 is something different. I was looking on the forum after i ask you and i found out that it is an email send from your VO which talks about proof of payment and submission of police certificate if not already submitted.
Incorrect. In this forum, AOR2 refers to acknowledge of receipt 2, also known as a line on ecas saying "we started processing your application on...". From this moment, the local VO starts working on the application. That is AOR2.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Incorrect. In this forum, AOR2 refers to acknowledge of receipt 2, also known as a line on ecas saying "we started processing your application on...". From this moment, the local VO starts working on the application. That is AOR2.
Thanks JulianaAndrew
i just found the information on a spreadsheet. (sample of AOR2 )
just incase if it isn't correct then someone with the right info need to change the spreadsheet for the sake of everyone. here it is the link from which i get the below info. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=2102010404

Application- <F000000000>

UCI <XXXXXXXX(XX)>

Email- <PA EMAIL ADDRESS>

Dear <PA FIRSTNAME> <PA LASTNAME>

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

1. Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

2. Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you require more information on the processing of your application.

Planning ahead

If your application is approved, you will be encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions will be available to you, your spouse and your dependants once your application is approved. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website. Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting: Canada.ca/francoimmigration.

You are encouraged to take advantage of free IRCC resources available online. Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada, is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. You will also find the videos entitled “Before You Arrive in Canada” and “Your First Two Weeks in Canada” on the IRCC YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada , which provide key information you need to consider before coming to Canada and just after you arrive. The Living in Canada tool, which provides you with a personalised settlement plan and identifies the closest Immigrant-Serving Organization offering the services you need, is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index.

We also encourage you to visit our website Prepare for life in Canada where you can find additional helpful resources.

The following organizations offer free pre-arrival services, either online or in your geographic area.

Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) www.newcomersuccess.ca

India2Canada www.abbotsfordcommunityservices.com/programs

PrepCan www.prepcan.ca

S.U.C.C.E.S.S. www.aeipsuccess.ca and www.successbc.ca

BuildON www.buildonbatit.com

University of Manitoba www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/coned/english/readyformb

If you have applied for immigration to Canada through Immigration-Québec your integration journey will be supported by the Government of Québec. Québec bound immigrants may also find some useful integration information in this Guide for Successful Integration.

Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

The purpose of pre-arrival services is to help potential immigrants take early action to prepare for their new lives in Canada. Such pre-arrival services are expected to facilitate faster and more efficient economic and social integration of newcomers to Canada by effectively addressing needs earlier in the integration continuum and improving linkages between pre-arrival and domestic (in-Canada) services.

The organizations listed above provide a range of in-person and/or online services. More information about the services available and how to register can be found on their websites.

Pre-arrival services and sessions are very popular and space may be limited. We encourage you to explore the websites and register early.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.