Jan 30, 2015
Good morning all,

App received: July 21
AOR: Aug 30
Linked: Aug 30
Schedule A and Police clearance req: Aug 30
Schedule A submitted: Yes
PCC submitted: No, waiting for PCC to receive from principal applicant
CIC emailed informing sponsor is eligible to sponsor the PA (not sure if this is called SA??): Sep 6th
Current status on ecas: In process (just changed today)

guys everybody seems to be getting medical request and I haven't. Is this normal. I need to get the medical request asap since my wife is expecting with a baby. Is there something I can do about it. Please provide your input

Regards

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Good morning all,

guys everybody seems to be getting medical request and I haven't. Is this normal. I need to get the medical request asap since my wife is expecting with a baby. Is there something I can do about it. Please provide your input

Regards
Yes, it is normal. Most likely your embassy will be the one asking for the medical exam. Make sure that if your wife's child is born before getting COPR, or landing in Canada, you tell the embassy immediately and wait for their instructions to add the child to the application as a dependent. If you don't do this, you will never be able to sponsor your child to Canada.

zocanada

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Good morning all,

CIC emailed informing sponsor is eligible to sponsor the PA (not sure if this is called SA??): Sep 6th

Regards
She wont be able to do all the medical she will do the blood test but not xrays till she give birth

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
She wont be able to do all the medical she will do the blood test but not xrays till she give birth
That was my impression from reading all these blogs. But once I researched it google told me it is pretty safe to do x-rays on arms, chest etc during pregnancy! I also had my spouse go to the medical center and inquiring about doing an upfront (which they said they cannot do anymore for sponsorship application) but they replied saying she needs to wait until she receives the request and it is pretty safe to do an X-Ray even when you are 5 months pregnant!

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Yes, it is normal. Most likely your embassy will be the one asking for the medical exam. Make sure that if your wife's child is born before getting COPR, or landing in Canada, you tell the embassy immediately and wait for their instructions to add the child to the application as a dependent. If you don't do this, you will never be able to sponsor your child to Canada.
I tell the embassy or I notify IRCC about the childbirth (if the baby is born before getting COPR)?
I called the call center. They informed me that before the baby is born there is nothing for me to do. It is always a good idea to let IRCC know using the webform about the current situation (which I did already). The processing will not change for the current situation and if the baby is born before she gets her PR we need to send them the birth certificate. The agent never mentioned about embassy!!

Hitzo

Mar 2, 2016
Good morning all,

Regards
Hello,
I received a Request for Schedule A and PCC. I am confused because I am the sponsor and my wife who is a PA her account is linked to my cic account so I get all the updates, now while uploading and submitting her SA and PCC request I am getting an error message for the electronic signature thing I was putting my wife's name since she is an Principal applicant, but for some reason its giving me an error, do I have to put my name as the signature online its also asking a security question to me I think I would have to put my electronic signature because its my cic account and I linked her application to mine.. so confused.

pro818

Aug 20, 2017
Hello,
I received a Request for Schedule A and PCC. I am confused because I am the sponsor and my wife who is a PA her account is linked to my cic account so I get all the updates, now while uploading and submitting her SA and PCC request I am getting an error message for the electronic signature thing I was putting my wife's name since she is an Principal applicant, but for some reason its giving me an error, do I have to put my name as the signature online its also asking a security question to me I think I would have to put my electronic signature because its my cic account and I linked her application to mine.. so confused.
Just create one under her name , with your email so you get the notifications

mymine24

Jun 23, 2016
really need help..
my husband just had his medical. and they detected a heart enlargement.. he had a heart problem before.. will it affect his medical?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
really need help..
my husband just had his medical. and they detected a heart enlargement.. he had a heart problem before.. will it affect his medical?
You don't need to worry. Spouses are exempt from the excessive demand clause. That means that it doesn't matter what burden your husband's health conditions will be on the health care system. The only reason a spouse has to do the medical is to make sure they aren't bringing contagious diseases to Canada like tuberculosis etc. You don't have to worry about any other health conditions causing a problem. :) See the bottom of this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/exam/exemptions.asp

Reactions: Richa_sharma

mymine24

Jun 23, 2016
You don't need to worry. Spouses are exempt from the excessive demand clause. That means that it doesn't matter what burden your husband's health conditions will be on the health care system. The only reason a spouse has to do the medical is to make sure they aren't bringing contagious diseases to Canada like tuberculosis etc. You don't have to worry about any other health conditions causing a problem. :) See the bottom of this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/exam/exemptions.asp
thank you so much for the help. it really bothers me atleast it gave me a relief now.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
I tell the embassy or I notify IRCC about the childbirth (if the baby is born before getting COPR)?
I called the call center. They informed me that before the baby is born there is nothing for me to do. It is always a good idea to let IRCC know using the webform about the current situation (which I did already). The processing will not change for the current situation and if the baby is born before she gets her PR we need to send them the birth certificate. The agent never mentioned about embassy!!
I'm sorry, when I said embassy I meant your visa office. If your child is born before getting your COPR, or your wife lands in Canada, you HAVE TO tell the visa office immediately. Why is this? Because all your wife's family members have to get a medical exam prior to go to Canada, so they are admissible. As a dependent child, it would become a family member then. The visa office will then give you instructions on how to proceed to add the child to the application as an accompanying member. If you don't do this, and the child is born and you don't inform the visa office, and your wife somehow lands in Canada without her child, you won't be able to sponsor the child later. It is IMPERATIVE that you tell the visa office if the baby is born outside of Canada and before your wife lands there.

Reactions: ALIAHMED9890

zocanada

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
That was my impression from reading all these blogs. But once I researched it google told me it is pretty safe to do x-rays on arms, chest etc during pregnancy! I also had my spouse go to the medical center and inquiring about doing an upfront (which they said they cannot do anymore for sponsorship application) but they replied saying she needs to wait until she receives the request and it is pretty safe to do an X-Ray even when you are 5 months pregnant!
Ok brother sounds good