+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

MahaAtif

Jul 14, 2017
lol so i called cic once again. after not hearing anything and file was received july 18. the agent checked my app number and told me theres many notes. one for aor. one for SA. one for request for additional docs. NONE of which have been sent to me or my spouse lol our file is moving forward without up to date communication. but thank god. its moving forward agent said we will receive email for everything in one time and soon lol just thought i would update.

NMBCMD

Dec 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Misssissauga
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
So linked my account today and then got a message requesting schedule A and police certificates and I'm a bit confused about getting a canadian police certificate.

I called my local RCMP office to get some info about obtaining one and they are telling me that I do not need to get a set of fingerprints to get a police certificate and would only need them if I was getting a Vulnerable Sector check which i was not instructed to obtain.

Is that correct? Seems a bit odd they wouldn't need to get them because that's what i had to do to get one in the states. And everywhere I've read about getting certificates says I'll need fingerprints, including the RCMP main website page about police certificates. Does anyone here have experience getting a canadian police certificate? I just wanna make sure I'm getting the correct thing

My timeline:
VO: Mississauga
App received: July 26th
AOR1: September 1st
Linked account online: September 5th
Schedule A/PC request: September 5th

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So linked my account today and then got a message requesting schedule A and police certificates and I'm a bit confused about getting a canadian police certificate.

I called my local RCMP office to get some info about obtaining one and they are telling me that I do not need to get a set of fingerprints to get a police certificate and would only need them if I was getting a Vulnerable Sector check which i was not instructed to obtain.

Is that correct? Seems a bit odd they wouldn't need to get them because that's what i had to do to get one in the states. And everywhere I've read about getting certificates says I'll need fingerprints, including the RCMP main website page about police certificates. Does anyone here have experience getting a canadian police certificate? I just wanna make sure I'm getting the correct thing

My timeline:
Did you get a specific letter from CIC? It says RCMP check and prints on it.

We went through a third party in Ottawa who does them.

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
if you see a re-upload button, then just do it all over again until you go to the very end of the process. remember, the last step is ELECTRONIC SIGN, hit submit.
Just submitted it. The next button to e-sign the uploading was under "View submitted application" at the very end.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Also guys, how is the timeline looking like? I have heard from 2 people who got their spouses in 6 months! I was checking the other threads (i.e. Jan 2017 outland) shows the timeline differs drastically from people to people. Some people got it in 7 months and most of them are still waiting. (fingers crossed) hopefully we all will be able to bring outr spouses ASAP

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

My timeline:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-obtain-certified-criminal-record-or-vulnerable-sector-vs-check

And I think this is who we used if I recall: https://www.reliabilityscreening.ca/contact-us/

stuckinlimbo

Aug 22, 2017
After much trying, I managed to link my online account to the application. I received the e-mail to submit Schedule A, etc., which is now complete. But how do you upload it on the website? There is a box saying "Your Action is Required" and there is a link to "Check status and messages" but there is no upload button. I've tried to follow this thread and it seems others has the same problem but I just can't figure it out. Any help?

NMBCMD

Dec 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Misssissauga
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
Did you get a specific letter from CIC? It says RCMP check and prints on it.

We went through a third party in Ottawa who does them.
According to the message I got from CIC:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:

1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;

2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

And I have been in Canada for almost a year now. It also says on my application page on my GC account that "police certificates (multiple) required" so Im assuming i need to get one.

But it does not say anywhere specifically that I need one from Canada so maybe I dont need one?? Im just very confused about it all

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;

2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

And I have been in Canada for almost a year now. It also says on my application page on my GC account that "police certificates (multiple) required" so Im assuming i need to get one.

But it does not say anywhere specifically that I need one from Canada so maybe I dont need one?? Im just very confused about it all
Ya, that letter confuses me too - I've seen a lot of people get it, but we got a letter that says we need a Canadian one from the RCMP and prints explicitly on it.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

to me its quite clear... if you have lived in a country for more than 6 months, you need to get one -- id say your best bet is to get the RCMP check done because eventually they will ask for one -- kill two birds with one stone as RCMP checks all police in canada's DBs... and you need one from the country which you lived in for most of your adult life....

ALIAHMED9890

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
After much trying, I managed to link my online account to the application. I received the e-mail to submit Schedule A, etc., which is now complete. But how do you upload it on the website? There is a box saying "Your Action is Required" and there is a link to "Check status and messages" but there is no upload button. I've tried to follow this thread and it seems others has the same problem but I just can't figure it out. Any help?
You can upload a document we request from you through your online account. If you don’t have an account, create an account then link your application to your account.

To upload your document:

• Sign in to your account
  • Look for your application under View my submitted applications or profiles
  • Under the Action column click Check status and messages
  • At the bottom of the page click View submitted application
  • Under Supporting Documents you can find:
    • Document Name: the document we need
    • Instructions: more information on the type of document and how to get it
    • Required by: the latest date by when we need to receive the document
  • Click Upload file to attach your file
  • Make sure the Details column shows the message Uploaded – Not submitted to IRCC
  • Click Next
  • Review & Validate the information
  • Sign by entering your first name and last name
  • Click Submit

Visit link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1310&top=23

Reactions: johny418_ind

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
your an august applicant. if you haven"t receive an AOR.. just wait a lil bit longer then try to link your app. :D There are some July applicants still waiting for their AORs
Thanks! Yup, aware that I'm an August applicant. Just wanted to ask here for those who already have an idea about that question - I don't think there's an August thread yet.

punkiister

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Hello, thank you for the reply. I haven't been requested for medical yet. I just recently linked my account. Following your steps take me to a letter where there explained me how to upload the Schedule A and police clearance forms
Yes, it depends on case to case. I haven't received Sch A and PCC request yet, but i can see a medical request.

johny418_ind

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Did you receive email for Sch A . I linked my app on 2 Sep and its there is also a box saying "Your Action is Required" and there is a link to "Check status and messages" but there is no upload button. Also, after follow the below information there is no Document Requested ..

Does it mean that I have no request for Sch A ..PCC already sent upfront...

To upload your document:

• Sign in to your account
  • Look for your application under View my submitted applications or profiles
  • Under the Action column click Check status and messages
  • At the bottom of the page click View submitted application
  • Under Supporting Documents you can find:
    • Document Name: the document we need
    • Instructions: more information on the type of document and how to get it
    • Required by: the latest date by when we need to receive the document
  • Click Upload file to attach your file
  • Make sure the Details column shows the message Uploaded – Not submitted to IRCC
  • Click Next
  • Review & Validate the information
  • Sign by entering your first name and last name
  • Click Submit

haXudon

May 31, 2015
so i've looked at all the spreadsheets. for some reason 50% of the applicants who gets AOR2 somehow gets stuck there. the other 50% gets BCIP and continues the process up to PPR.

what the heck happens in PA VO? how does 50% of the applicants suddenly vanish? does not meet genuine relationship requirements?