+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
did you get aor2? my aor2 was almost a month ago mo status change what so ever.
did you get an update today? my bgc is still in progress and i got aor2 on sept 21... no additional docs required oct 12.. still bgc didnt change.. meanwhile people who got aor2 after me got n/a or we are processing on their gckey... it might have been diff cases, diff officers or they just havent updated my gckey yet... im hoping the latter. this post is for @princessmaycalata

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
we submitted the pcc upfront thats why they only asked for sched a which we uploaded right away last sep. 14 got aor 2 on sep. 21st status changed to no additional docs on oct. 12.. it means ur docs hasn't been reviewed yet.. did u have a 3rd line on ecas? aor2? because the last update u'll get on PA ecas would be the 3rd line until u get dm
I also have on process as status in my account.
What is AOR2? If that is the 3rd line in online tool, it says "we started processing application on sept 25"

So maybe they haven't reviewd my sch a yet? And since they have not requested pcc maybe thats the reason why i did not get the status "we do not need additional docs" which most of you have.

Reactions: aerchan

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Is that a message from ecas? Or should be sent thru mail?
Is that a message from ecas? Or should be sent thru mail?
When did you file get transferred to London?

AOR2 is when an additional line in ecas appears saying "we started processing your application on xx date" which means they opened it and started working on it. This comes after ecas changes to in process and generally an email saying your file is being processed in London.

I ask because we're at LVO and had a recent experience with police certs so was going to let you know what happened to us.

Reactions: KDS_dxb

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
I also have on process as status in my account.
What is AOR2? If that is the 3rd line in online tool, it says "we started processing application on sept 25"

So maybe they haven't reviewd my sch a yet? And since they have not requested pcc maybe thats the reason why i did not get the status "we do not need additional docs" which most of you have.
That's exactly what it was i think they must have been waiting for all your pcc etc. if they needed additional docs... coz some get requested for additional proof etc.

Let us ask @kcward7 as I think she had more experience with our LVO... when did you get your aor2 @kcward7

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
That's exactly what it was i think they must have been waiting for all your pcc etc. if they needed additional docs... coz some get requested for additional proof etc.

Let us ask @kcward7 as I think she had more experience with our LVO... when did you get your aor2 @kcward7
It's going to be a sort of long post, sorry. Mar 1 outland Irish applicant, with paid reps.

After much pushing on my part I finally got our lawyers to link our application the first week of October. We had not heard anything since AOR2 on May 18. Within a few days of linking, our reps called us to say there was a notice in mycic from the officer saying they had requested an additional police cert and we were given a final warning to submit or the decision would be made with what information they had. The letter stated they had initially requested this on July 19, allotting us 45 days to submit. This was the first I was hearing of any request - 3 months had gone by!

Naturally, I lost my marbles, because these kinds of problems are exactly what I had reps for, and I had no idea how they could have missed this. Prior to linking, we never had any issues with communications - everything came by email in a timely manner. Within 6 weeks of submitting, we had schedule A, RCMP and print request, medical request, and were transferred to VO.

Our reps adamantly insisted they never received communication from LVO requesting the Australian Police Certificate on July 19.

Until yesterday morning, our ecas has read like this since May 18:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2017.
2. We started processing your application on May 18, 2017.
3. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. Medical results have been received.

Ecas was updated in a timely manner and each correspondence line directly correlated to emails we got (medical request, schedule a and police cert request).

Luckily, back in March, our lawyers pushed us to get our Australian police certificate even though we might not need it. So, when the communication in mycic was opened that gave us a final 30 days to submit, we were able to send by CSE and priority mail right away. We got successful confirmation of submission as well as signed and received at LVO 3 days after mailing.

Then yesterday ecas updated:

6. We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I check ecas daily, and this was not there until today.

Now, I'm starting to lean towards believing my lawyers. I actually am speculating that they never got any communication from LVO on July 19. Like I said, ecas has always been updated accurately until this point.

I think what happened is a bring forward date was put on the file at the last final warning communication. The officer is looking at the file now, which is why the update got pushed to ecas....3 months late.

This is just our experience, and some speculation on my part, but I don't think it was a coincidence that within a week (ish) of receiving requested documents ecas updates.

That being said, I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been so adamant about linking the app....

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017

but they have not requested my pcc. i have seen some who was not requested but got decision/ppr.. how do i submit it if it was not requested?

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
When did you file get transferred to London?

AOR2 is when an additional line in ecas appears saying "we started processing your application on xx date" which means they opened it and started working on it. This comes after ecas changes to in process and generally an email saying your file is being processed in London.

I ask because we're at LVO and had a recent experience with police certs so was going to let you know what happened to us.

they transferred sept 18
they started processing application sept 25

do you think i still need to submit pcc by mailing them ? or ill just need to wait?

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
@KDS_dxb im not sure how to go about that, and not entirely sure how they got dm without criminality and security check but as i've said i submitted both my husband's pcc upfront as there is no harm on doing that... you might just wanna wait for pcc request or you can email LVO they take about 30 business days to email back as they don't have a customer service hotline.

@kcward7 hopefully everything goes well with ur pcc from now on... and get ur ppr soon... i was really hesitant on using reps as they did screw up my husband's friends app last time thinking it's ok he took almost 2 yrs to get to Canada as he only landed january of this year... might have been the LVO's fault as well we can't really tell right? as the system they're depending on had a lot of technical issues in the past up to this day.. did you guys tried requesting gcms notes? see what happened?

hopefully we get our ppr soon... mine still haven't had any updates on bgc since my aor2... which is sad as the people that applied after me got processing or n/a already... i guess we can't compare right? just hoping for the best... i obsessively check my gckey or ecas as well... which a habit that is hard to break.

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
It's going to be a sort of long post, sorry. Mar 1 outland Irish applicant, with paid reps.

After much pushing on my part I finally got our lawyers to link our application the first week of October. We had not heard anything since AOR2 on May 18. Within a few days of linking, our reps called us to say there was a notice in mycic from the officer saying they had requested an additional police cert and we were given a final warning to submit or the decision would be made with what information they had. The letter stated they had initially requested this on July 19, allotting us 45 days to submit. This was the first I was hearing of any request - 3 months had gone by!

Naturally, I lost my marbles, because these kinds of problems are exactly what I had reps for, and I had no idea how they could have missed this. Prior to linking, we never had any issues with communications - everything came by email in a timely manner. Within 6 weeks of submitting, we had schedule A, RCMP and print request, medical request, and were transferred to VO.

Our reps adamantly insisted they never received communication from LVO requesting the Australian Police Certificate on July 19.

Until yesterday morning, our ecas has read like this since May 18:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2017.
2. We started processing your application on May 18, 2017.
3. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. Medical results have been received.

Ecas was updated in a timely manner and each correspondence line directly correlated to emails we got (medical request, schedule a and police cert request).

Luckily, back in March, our lawyers pushed us to get our Australian police certificate even though we might not need it. So, when the communication in mycic was opened that gave us a final 30 days to submit, we were able to send by CSE and priority mail right away. We got successful confirmation of submission as well as signed and received at LVO 3 days after mailing.

Then yesterday ecas updated:

6. We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I check ecas daily, and this was not there until today.

Now, I'm starting to lean towards believing my lawyers. I actually am speculating that they never got any communication from LVO on July 19. Like I said, ecas has always been updated accurately until this point.

I think what happened is a bring forward date was put on the file at the last final warning communication. The officer is looking at the file now, which is why the update got pushed to ecas....3 months late.

This is just our experience, and some speculation on my part, but I don't think it was a coincidence that within a week (ish) of receiving requested documents ecas updates.

That being said, I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been so adamant about linking the app....
the 6th line July 19 correspondence was the pcc? how did you find out that pcc was requested? you were only able to send to request of pcc after linking the app? what do you mean by that? did you contact LVO?

im glad to know that your application has moved forward :)

KDS_dxb

Oct 8, 2017
@KDS_dxb im not sure how to go about that, and not entirely sure how they got dm without criminality and security check but as i've said i submitted both my husband's pcc upfront as there is no harm on doing that... you might just wanna wait for pcc request or you can email LVO they take about 30 business days to email back as they don't have a customer service hotline.

@kcward7 hopefully everything goes well with ur pcc from now on... and get ur ppr soon... i was really hesitant on using reps as they did screw up my husband's friends app last time thinking it's ok he took almost 2 yrs to get to Canada as he only landed january of this year... might have been the LVO's fault as well we can't really tell right? as the system they're depending on had a lot of technical issues in the past up to this day.. did you guys tried requesting gcms notes? see what happened?

hopefully we get our ppr soon... mine still haven't had any updates on bgc since my aor2... which is sad as the people that applied after me got processing or n/a already... i guess we can't compare right? just hoping for the best... i obsessively check my gckey or ecas as well... which a habit that is hard to break.
Good thing you have submitted pcc upfront. i shouldve done that too but it will take me some time to get pcc from philippines since i am currently in uae. just worried why the requested sch a was only uploaded and not reviewed while most of you were already reviewed. do you have any idea if my husband can call customer service hotline in canada and check my status? since emailing LVO will take 30 business days as you've said.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Good thing you have submitted pcc upfront. i shouldve done that too but it will take me some time to get pcc from philippines since i am currently in uae. just worried why the requested sch a was only uploaded and not reviewed while most of you were already reviewed. do you have any idea if my husband can call customer service hotline in canada and check my status? since emailing LVO will take 30 business days as you've said.
You're actually discouraged from submitting them upfront. It's caused more confusion and people are getting numerous requests for police certs.

It does not take 30 days...they GIVE you 30 days. If you can get the cert in hand, all you need to do it submit online, and/or mail it if you want.

Reactions: aerchan

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
they wouldn't know anything once your papers are transferred to lvo... my husband did get pcc from phil. too and have to get it authenticated with red ribbon that is why our app took a while we got married this january and we only submitted our app july 20 meanwhile someone who got married months after us applied first hahaha lol how frustrating is that? you can try and call not sure if they would be able to help you.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
the 6th line July 19 correspondence was the pcc? how did you find out that pcc was requested? you were only able to send to request of pcc after linking the app? what do you mean by that? did you contact LVO?

im glad to know that your application has moved forward :)
I only found out after pushing my lawyers to link the app early october. No communication seemed to be received prior to that even though they said they requested it july 19.