+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

sam67

Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

We applied in July 2017 and attended citizenship test on Dec 5th, 2017 at Kitchener office. Waiting for the oath. Wondering if any one has any idea about the time line from test to oath in Kitchener office. Our online update shows decision made - does it mean for the test or the oath.

Your response is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sam.

Reactions: Stkitts

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hi all,

We applied in July 2017 and attended citizenship test on Dec 5th, 2017 at Kitchener office. Waiting for the oath. Wondering if any one has any idea about the time line from test to oath in Kitchener office. Our online update shows decision made - does it mean for the test or the oath.

Your response is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sam.
Decision Made means a decision on your file has been already made. The waiting delay is to find a date for booking for you a place for the oath.

sam67

Feb 5, 2018
Decision Made means a decision on your file has been already made. The waiting delay is to find a date for booking for you a place for the oath.
Thank you for the reply. Any idea how long it will take for oath for Kitchener office applicants?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Thank you for the reply. Any idea how long it will take for oath for Kitchener office applicants?
It depends on each office number of ceremonies and number of candidates.
I am in Edmonton office and waiting for more than 2 months after the test.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
since the test on Oct.23, i am still waiting for DM.... upset..
Don't be upset. I waited for more than 2 months and finally I got it few days ago. You have only to be patient, and you will get it.

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I know how agonizing it is to wait but you will feel so good once you get there! And you WILL, as hard as it might be try not to worry when there's literally nothing you can do to make the process speed up. Nothing worth having ever comes easily :) But be assured that your time is coming, there seems to be no explanation as to why some people's applications are processed faster than others or why you have to wait so long but it will all be worth it.

Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday. The process for the Oath was actually a bit similar to the test. We had to line up to check in/register individually with an officer, and surrender our PR card (#wompwomp - no travel across the border for me this long weekend). They ask a question like, "Have you had any problems with the law or other immigration officials" and just ask for a yes or no answer. Otherwise they just say a few things, like about applying for a passport, you have to wait 3-5 business days, and then the ceremony is assigned seating so you don't have to worry about being a little late during that registration process, or rushing to get to the front of the line because you'll either be waiting in the registration room, or waiting in the ceremony room. There was also a bible in several different languages available as a free gift, and they give you a cultural access pass as a gift that is valid for a year to give you complimentary access to museums, national parks, and all sorts of other things. It looks really good!! I think it took about 45 minutes for everyone to get registered and into the ceremony room, so I was told to be there for 10am and then I think the ceremony started about 10:45am.

Once we went into the ceremony room there was a little package on our chair, with a program and printed copies of the oath and national anthem, as well as a little Canadian flag and a pin. They have an officiant guiding the proceedings and then the judge presides over it. They show a video with scenes from Canadian life and Justin Trudeau delivers a message, which was really nice. I guess at some point I had indicated that I preferred an English ceremony and they mentioned that the majority of proceedings would be done in English, but we did have to say the oath in both English and in French (you repeat each line after the judge). They have officials posted around the room to ensure you are saying the words.

One small tip is that they ask you to bring all the original documentation you submitted for your application, as well as all current and expired travel documents -- just the same things that they ask you to bring in for the test. I would just keep all these things together once you've done your test, so that you don't have to gather them all together a second time. They didn't ask to see any of it, but you have to take it anyway.

One thing I did want to mention in particular was how shocked I was at people's dress code at the event. There were a few people who did make an effort, but the majority of other citizenship recipients at my event did not make one iota of effort in how they were presented. Maybe I shouldn't even comment as I don't know people's circumstances, but I absolutely do not think that sweatpants, flannel, or running shoes are appropriate attire for an event of this magnitude. I felt that it showed a lack of respect for Canada and for the other recipients - we all know that it is such a long and arduous process that actually getting to the day of taking the oath is such a huge achievement and should really be marked as one with proper clothes and marking it as the occasion that it is. I don't think you need to go overboard but business attire should be the standard.

Anyway, congratulations to those of you who have already taken the oath and best of luck for those still waiting :)

Tgum23

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

I know how agonizing it is to wait but you will feel so good once you get there! And you WILL, as hard as it might be try not to worry when there's literally nothing you can do to make the process speed up. Nothing worth having ever comes easily :) But be assured that your time is coming, there seems to be no explanation as to why some people's applications are processed faster than others or why you have to wait so long but it will all be worth it.

Just wanted to share my experience from yesterday. The process for the Oath was actually a bit similar to the test. We had to line up to check in/register individually with an officer, and surrender our PR card (#wompwomp - no travel across the border for me this long weekend). They ask a question like, "Have you had any problems with the law or other immigration officials" and just ask for a yes or no answer. Otherwise they just say a few things, like about applying for a passport, you have to wait 3-5 business days, and then the ceremony is assigned seating so you don't have to worry about being a little late during that registration process, or rushing to get to the front of the line because you'll either be waiting in the registration room, or waiting in the ceremony room. There was also a bible in several different languages available as a free gift, and they give you a cultural access pass as a gift that is valid for a year to give you complimentary access to museums, national parks, and all sorts of other things. It looks really good!! I think it took about 45 minutes for everyone to get registered and into the ceremony room, so I was told to be there for 10am and then I think the ceremony started about 10:45am.

Once we went into the ceremony room there was a little package on our chair, with a program and printed copies of the oath and national anthem, as well as a little Canadian flag and a pin. They have an officiant guiding the proceedings and then the judge presides over it. They show a video with scenes from Canadian life and Justin Trudeau delivers a message, which was really nice. I guess at some point I had indicated that I preferred an English ceremony and they mentioned that the majority of proceedings would be done in English, but we did have to say the oath in both English and in French (you repeat each line after the judge). They have officials posted around the room to ensure you are saying the words.

One small tip is that they ask you to bring all the original documentation you submitted for your application, as well as all current and expired travel documents -- just the same things that they ask you to bring in for the test. I would just keep all these things together once you've done your test, so that you don't have to gather them all together a second time. They didn't ask to see any of it, but you have to take it anyway.

One thing I did want to mention in particular was how shocked I was at people's dress code at the event. There were a few people who did make an effort, but the majority of other citizenship recipients at my event did not make one iota of effort in how they were presented. Maybe I shouldn't even comment as I don't know people's circumstances, but I absolutely do not think that sweatpants, flannel, or running shoes are appropriate attire for an event of this magnitude. I felt that it showed a lack of respect for Canada and for the other recipients - we all know that it is such a long and arduous process that actually getting to the day of taking the oath is such a huge achievement and should really be marked as one with proper clothes and marking it as the occasion that it is. I don't think you need to go overboard but business attire should be the standard.

Anyway, congratulations to those of you who have already taken the oath and best of luck for those still waiting :)
Hey kiwi girl! Thanks for tht awesome post. I am going to my oath today and the significance of the event is dawning uoon me as the time approaches !.. Funnily enough i was feeling lazy totdress well for it but now I may get dressed!
Congratulations on your citizenship!

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello everyone,

This is funny because I was stressing over what dress to wear in the oath ceremony. I have bought a dress a year ago with the intention of wearing it in the ceremony. It's red of course!

I'm still waiting for my oath though. lol

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't be upset. I waited for more than 2 months and finally I got it few days ago. You have only to be patient, and you will get it.
Congratulations...glad to see you are approaching the end of the journey :)

Reactions: elie72

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
So some ceremonies finally scheduled for Regina: What a time for me. Falls into some trip plans and definitely will have to reschedule these trips, costing me at least $700....not a happy man....having done test since October and hoping this didn't happen....:(:(:mad::confused:

SaskPolytechnic, Regina Campus - Auditorium -Room 338
Address:
4500 Wascana Parkway
Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 3A3
Date:
Monday March 26, 2018
Time:
1:15 PM
Open to the public:
Yes

Regina Police Service Headquarters - Bruton/Harwood Rooms
    Address:
    1717 Osler Street
    Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 2Z8
    Date:
    Tuesday March 27, 2018
    Time:
    2:00 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes
    Address:
    4607 Dewdney Avenue
    Regina, Saskatchewan, S4T 1B7
    Date:
    Thursday March 29, 2018
    Time:
    12:00 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes
Finally something for Regina. However I have no further updates on my ECAS as of today. Not sure how long would it take. But I am sure our ceremonies would fall under one of these 3.

Quebec79

Jan 16, 2012
Hi all, you can update the spreadsheet with my timeline. Correspondence request was a fingerprint request. Montreal Office.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 31, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on September 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 10, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 7, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on February 7, 2018.

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, you can update the spreadsheet with my timeline. Correspondence request was a fingerprint request. Montreal Office.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 31, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on September 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 10, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 7, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  7. You became a Canadian citizen on February 7, 2018.
Updated. Congrats!!