+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Jun 28, 2012
Hi guys! Just wanted to give you an update:

Applied: July 14
Application Received: July 17
AOR: August 14
Police clearance request: Nov 1
Citizenship test: December 8 (could have taken oath this day but was travelling out of the country so I requested a later date)
Citizenship oath: January 5

Good luck guys :).

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: Joeeyes

coshx

May 8, 2013
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=1216032789

Anyone still willing to move to Regina? I remember when some folks wanted to relocate here...lol...Is the Regina office closed now? Anyone with useful information why nothing is moving there anymore?
Seriously, I'm actually shocked Regina applicants have not received their Oath invites seeing that they got their test invite early. More so, we got decision made 2 days apart with my file being processed at the Saskatoon office. I really wish them speedy processing at this time.

To all Regina - July 2017 applicants, please have patience & hold on. Your time will soon come. You're almost there. It appears there's Oath scheduled on January 20th in Saskatoon. You may be lucky. There's additional schedule for Regina in March 2018 according to the Regional Itinerant services.

Saskatchewan Regina Southern SK (Regina, Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Estvan, etc.) March 2018 (To be determined) Citizenship: Tests, Hearings, Ceremonies

Last edited:

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Last time I asked, no one answered :(

So, I will ask again :)

Dear Friends, I have given the citizenship test on January 3rd and passed the test. On 5th, I got my DM on ecase. I have also applied for my son who is a minor (8 years old) with my application. My CO during my interview acknowledged about the application of my son with me.

But till now my son application is stuck at “In Process”. I have asked some of my senior friends and they said in case of minor since they don’t take part in test, their status do not change until associated adult takes the oath. So, according to them, my son ecase status will remain In Process until I get oath and I will be handed over both the certificates at the ceremony and then his status will change directly to “Complete”.

Can experts weigh on this matter? I am worried why his ecase has not changed yet to DM.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Last time I asked, no one answered :(

So, I will ask again :)

Dear Friends, I have given the citizenship test on January 3rd and passed the test. On 5th, I got my DM on ecase. I have also applied for my son who is a minor (8 years old) with my application. My CO during my interview acknowledged about the application of my son with me.

But till now my son application is stuck at “In Process”. I have asked some of my senior friends and they said in case of minor since they don’t take part in test, their status do not change until associated adult takes the oath. So, according to them, my son ecase status will remain In Process until I get oath and I will be handed over both the certificates at the ceremony and then his status will change directly to “Complete”.

Can experts weigh on this matter? I am worried why his ecase has not changed yet to DM.
I've seen this happen with many people before too. Updates on ECAS might not be accurate for families so I would not worry about it. In my case, I was a single applicant but even after getting my oath letter, my ECAS did not update till after I did my oath. So don't worry..as long as you get your oath date and take him with you, it'll be fine!

Also..no one here is an expert actually..it's just people sharing their experience, so if no one answers, it might be coz they are not sure and they do not want to mislead you. :)

srizvi3

Jan 9, 2018
Hi guys you can add my info to the spreadsheet

Scarborough Office:
App Type: Single - Citizenship
App Sent: July 7
App Received: July 10
AOR: August 10
Processing: Sept 1
Fingerprints: Waived
Test & Interview Letter: Dec 13
Test Date: January 5, 2018
Decision Made: Jan 9, 2018

Waiting on Oath letter & Ceremony

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Hi all,
I took my oath ceremony today in Montreal with 270 people from 57 different countries.
The only documents they checked are the photo IDs and oath invitation letter. They also took my PR card. Some people showed their oath invitation letters on iPads and they were accepted as well. They did not ask my Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Language Exam originals.
Basically, an officer and then the judge made a speech and then the certificates were distributed, ceremony ended up with chanting O Canada then people took photos with the judge. Officers warned a lady next to me who was not reading the oath loudly.
They said we can apply for passports as of Monday, but I will try my chance in a passport office open on Saturday.
They also gave us a registration paper for a universal pass for parks and museums and once in a lifetime 50% ViaRail discount.
Thank you very much for all our answers and nice chat. I will be active in the forum as my wife's application is still in process.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hey guys, my mom received her test invite yesterday via email (although ECAS says Jan 8th) for Jan 30th.

I do have a question if anybody can help (I have sent in a query to the IRCC too hoping to hear back from them). At the time my mom signed the application she was 55 years old. The new rule allows people of 55 yrs and above to NOT write the test and just come in for the interview. I was under the impression that since she applied under the old rule, she would have to give the test, but does anybody know that age might be considered according to the new rule now? I think I did read it somewhere but that was not the official govt website.

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
I was under the impression that since she applied under the old rule, she would have to give the test, but does anybody know that age might be considered according to the new rule now? I think I did read it somewhere but that was not the official govt website.
I remember a post from an applicant with the same situation(applied before Oct 11 and was older than 54). He got notified that his application will be processed according to new rules and he does not have to come for the test. Unfortunately, I don't remember the thread name, but I guess he applied later than July 2017.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I remember a post from an applicant with the same situation(applied before Oct 11 and was older than 54). He got notified that his application will be processed according to new rules and he does not have to come for the test. Unfortunately, I don't remember the thread name, but I guess he applied later than July 2017.
Thanks for your reply! It does help to know that I didn't read something random somewhere..I'll call and confirm anyway. :)

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Question for those who already applied for passport... if a family of 4 will be applying for a passport, 2 adults and 2 children under 16. Do we need to each have different guarontors? Or we could use 1 person for the 4 of us? Same as with references? Lastly, if we are using a family member (example a brother or a cousin) to be the guarantor do we have to live in the same address? So that they could be the guarantor? Thank you

casper247

Mar 30, 2013
Finally got an update. Almost there!
Test and interview letter : jan 3 2018
Test date: jan 30 2018

Please update. Thanks.