+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not translate any non-English non-French stamps because the dates were in standard "Western" digits/calendar and most airport names were in latin alphabet. I had Turkish stamps and cyrillic stamps. It worked well - my officer was very reasonable and did not ask translation. I was lucky - saved a big buck.:cool:

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
I have my test tomorrow morning and was just going through the documents I need to bring with me. I can not find my Landed Immigrant form, it appears to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Has anyone had the issue of not having the form with them at their test?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my test tomorrow morning and was just going through the documents I need to bring with me. I can not find my Landed Immigrant form, it appears to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Has anyone had the issue of not having the form with them at their test?
They did not even ask me landing document. And many people here reported the same. I would just be prepared to honestly explain the situation if they ask the document from you.

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi folks

I need information please ! could somebody tell me what kind of questions about job do the agent ask in the interview ? did they ask why have you changed the job or the domain ?

Thanks

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
They did not even ask me landing document. And many people here reported the same. I would just be prepared to honestly explain the situation if they ask the document from you.
Crisis averted, I found it!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks

I need information please ! could somebody tell me what kind of questions about job do the agent ask in the interview ? did they ask why have you changed the job or the domain ?

Thanks
They ask where you work, your job title and if it is full time or part time. They just need to confirm that we have a permanent activity and ties here. Whether we are executive managers or janitors is not their concern. This would matter more when you apply for skilled worker immigration - I did have this question in my Quebec immigration interview.

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
They ask where you work, your job title and if it is full time or part time. They just need to confirm that we have a permanent activity and ties here. Whether we are executive managers or janitors is not their concern. This would matter more when you apply for skilled worker immigration - I did have this question in my Quebec immigration interview.
Thank you for the answer

slguo_2000

Oct 5, 2017
Hi folks

Thanks
I brought an employment letter with me and handed it to the officer when I was asked about the current job.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, I am on my way back from oath ceremony. It took about an hour or so. I brought all documents used in my application but they only asked a piece of ID, oath letter and they took away my PR card! So now I am officially stuck in Ottawa for holiday season. Now I am running to courrier my passport application to my guarantor for signing. They said to wait at least 2 business days before applying for passport and I ain't gonna wait a second more than that :-D will apply on wednesday if my package comes back on time!

The judge had a very soft voice and I could not hear anything at the back. So I missed all the emotional verses about becoming Canadian etc. But I am glad I have my certificate with no typos and now I am ready for the last battle on my way to freedom - passport!

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Had my test in Mississauga this morning 20/20. Oath ceremony is January 16.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Had my test in Mississauga this morning 20/20. Oath ceremony is January 16.
They let you know the ceremony date right after test? Is it something new?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Folks, I am on my way back from oath ceremony. It took about an hour or so. I brought all documents used in my application but they only asked a piece of ID, oath letter and they took away my PR card! So now I am officially stuck in Ottawa for holiday season. Now I am running to courrier my passport application to my guarantor for signing. They said to wait at least 2 business days before applying for passport and I ain't gonna wait a second more than that :-D will apply on wednesday if my package comes back on time!

The judge had a very soft voice and I could not hear anything at the back. So I missed all the emotional verses about becoming Canadian etc. But I am glad I have my certificate with no typos and now I am ready for the last battle on my way to freedom - passport!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Reactions: Katayoon