Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Hey guys! I am currently on vacation and I was trying to check my online status from my phone. Unfortunately on the first page where I have to tick the box that I agree with the terms and conditions, on my phone I don't see the box so the system doesn't allow me to continue. Do you have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thanks much!
Just touch on the left side where you suppose should be the chech box and you would be good. That’s what I do all the time. Hopefully, it will work for you as well.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone here from Montreal and still waiting for a test invite?
It's been more than a 100 days and counting.. I'm getting worried

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Guys I have the DM under application status but no 4th line item. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Shooting Star

Aug 9, 2017
My status changed to Decision Made today. I was given the Oath invitation right after the test on Dec 11 in Mississauga Office.
This forum has been very helpful in the whole process. Just wanted to share my experience as it may help some of you who have their test/interview coming up soon.

1. Read Discover Canada book couple of times to prepare for test
2. If you have old expired passports, make sure to take all of them with you.
3. If you have stamps in any other language than English or French on your passports, make sure to translate them. I had a lot of travel in last 4 years and many stamps from Middle East on my current and expired passport. I took translation of all of them and the officer checked each stamp and kept the translations with him. I had appx. 18 trips so it took him 30 min just to check my stamps.
4. Be prepared to answer simple questions about your current nature of job, family and whatever you mentioned on your citizenship application

After that he said all good and i would like to invite you to become a citizen on Jan 11 and handed me the oath letter.

All the best to everyone on this forum and wish you a quick processing for your application.
Thanks. Who did you use for translation of your passport stamps?

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
My status changed to Decision Made today. I was given the Oath invitation right after the test on Dec 11 in Mississauga Office.
This forum has been very helpful in the whole process. Just wanted to share my experience as it may help some of you who have their test/interview coming up soon.

1. Read Discover Canada book couple of times to prepare for test
2. If you have old expired passports, make sure to take all of them with you.
3. If you have stamps in any other language than English or French on your passports, make sure to translate them. I had a lot of travel in last 4 years and many stamps from Middle East on my current and expired passport. I took translation of all of them and the officer checked each stamp and kept the translations with him. I had appx. 18 trips so it took him 30 min just to check my stamps.
4. Be prepared to answer simple questions about your current nature of job, family and whatever you mentioned on your citizenship application

After that he said all good and i would like to invite you to become a citizen on Jan 11 and handed me the oath letter.

All the best to everyone on this forum and wish you a quick processing for your application.
Congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing your experience... from where did you get your passport stamps translated?

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing your experience... from where did you get your passport stamps translated?
I used docsbase.ca for me and my wife. It costs 50$ for 25 stamps. Translations are certified and they ship it to your home address. I had no issues.

Last edited:

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I used docsbase.ca for me and my wife. It costs 50$ for 25 stamps. Translations are certified and they ship it to your home address. I had no issues.
I have one old stamp on my passport that is in Arabic for one of my trip to UAE. But that was before I became PR and there is a corresponding Immigration seal just beside the Arabic stamp in english showing the date. I can’t tell what does the Arabic seal mean.

When I renewed my PR few months back that time I did make copies of all pages of My PP. I was never asked afterwards to translate the page and my PR was renewed.

Now when I applied for citizenship, I also sent the same copies and no translation of that seal this time also.

I have been called for test on January 3rd. Now I am thinking should I make the stamp translation before the interview as CO would check all stamps and might just ask me to translate the stamp and hence delaying the whole process.

Please advise.

Also, if I want to get certified translation from any entity or body in scarborough area where I can have it done instantly, please advise.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I have one old stamp on my passport that is in Arabic for one of my trip to UAE. But that was before I became PR and there is a corresponding Immigration seal just beside the Arabic stamp in english showing the date. I can’t tell what does the Arabic seal mean.

When I renewed my PR few months back that time I did make copies of all pages of My PP. I was never asked afterwards to translate the page and my PR was renewed.

Now when I applied for citizenship, I also sent the same copies and no translation of that seal this time also.

I have been called for test on January 3rd. Now I am thinking should I make the stamp translation before the interview as CO would check all stamps and might just ask me to translate the stamp and hence delaying the whole process.

Please advise.

Also, if I want to get certified translation from any entity or body in scarborough area where I can have it done instantly, please advise.
For my application, I had four Arabic and ten Turkish stamps. I translated only two of Turkish stamps because the dates on it were in digits so i thought they didn't need a translation of all stamps and all of them follow the same template, one translation would be enough to understand others. But for the Arabic stamps, the dates on them were also in Arabic so I translated them all.
During the interview, officer took the translations as well. Note that I already gave her a document that lists all stamp positions in my passport and that explains what they are. So I was well organized and left nothing to chance. I think it helped me to get DM in short time.

For my wife's recent application, I translated all the stamps except the ones in Spanish whose dates and country names are really understandable by any English speaker.

For both applications, I only translated the ones in eligibility period. (the last 5 years)

Docsbase is one of the cheapest and you can pick up your translations from their Toronto office in one day or make them ship to your home by mail. I heard there are also some organizations doing the translations for free if you have low income.

slguo_2000

Oct 5, 2017
I also only translated the ones in eligibility period(the last 5 years). The officer didn't even look at it because the dates in my stamps are recognisable though there are some foreign characters. At the end of the interview, she found it and said, oh, you've got a translation but didn't even open it.[/QUOTE]

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013