+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

p.ny

Jul 25, 2017
Would you please update my information on the google sheet.

November 22nd citizenship test letter
December 14th test date

Thanks

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Got my oath invite email today. Oath date January 9th. Thank you to all who contributed with valuable information and offered helpful advice. Also thanks to all who shared there timeline on this forum. I was able to predict my timeline quite accurately thanks to the spreadsheet. Good luck to all who are still waiting and here's wishing for a speedy process...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my oath invite email today. Oath date January 9th. Thank you to all who contributed with valuable information and offered helpful advice. Also thanks to all who shared there timeline on this forum. I was able to predict my timeline quite accurately thanks to the spreadsheet. Good luck to all who are still waiting and here's wishing for a speedy process...
Congrats, friend! You are almost there! I am getting ready for my oath this friday and already filled all passport application forms+pictures that I will fire 2 business days after oath haha, and I don't care how desperate I look to them. :D

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Congrats, friend! You are almost there! I am getting ready for my oath this friday and already filled all passport application forms+pictures that I will fire 2 business days after oath haha, and I don't care how desperate I look to them. :D
Thank you Katayoon, you were always there being very supportive to all of us on this forum. I also need to start working on the passport stuff and will do the same like you. Congratulations again for Friday. Keep us posted.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Katayoon, you were always there being very supportive to all of us on this forum. I also need to start working on the passport stuff and will do the same like you. Congratulations again for Friday. Keep us posted.
Thank you for your support too, await! Yeah it was quite a headache to find a guarantor and references cause there is a long list of requirements! Advance planning will be helpful! I will apply and pick up in person - will post here my experiences.

Reactions: await

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Congrats!!!

Reactions: await

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
My status changed to Decision Made today. I was given the Oath invitation right after the test on Dec 11 in Mississauga Office.
This forum has been very helpful in the whole process. Just wanted to share my experience as it may help some of you who have their test/interview coming up soon.

1. Read Discover Canada book couple of times to prepare for test
2. If you have old expired passports, make sure to take all of them with you.
3. If you have stamps in any other language than English or French on your passports, make sure to translate them. I had a lot of travel in last 4 years and many stamps from Middle East on my current and expired passport. I took translation of all of them and the officer checked each stamp and kept the translations with him. I had appx. 18 trips so it took him 30 min just to check my stamps.
4. Be prepared to answer simple questions about your current nature of job, family and whatever you mentioned on your citizenship application

After that he said all good and i would like to invite you to become a citizen on Jan 11 and handed me the oath letter.

All the best to everyone on this forum and wish you a quick processing for your application.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hey guys! I am currently on vacation and I was trying to check my online status from my phone. Unfortunately on the first page where I have to tick the box that I agree with the terms and conditions, on my phone I don't see the box so the system doesn't allow me to continue. Do you have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thanks much!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Hey guys! I am currently on vacation and I was trying to check my online status from my phone. Unfortunately on the first page where I have to tick the box that I agree with the terms and conditions, on my phone I don't see the box so the system doesn't allow me to continue. Do you have an idea how to deal with this problem? Thanks much!
You must probably be using an android phone.. All you have to do is to "tap" on the consent sentence and you should be able to go through..