+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello ,

Thanks to everyone for this forum and the useful spreadsheet.
I'd like to add my case to the spreadsheet:

Type: Single
Physical Presence days: 1675
App sent: Jul 24, 2017
App Received: Jul 26, 2017
AOR: Sep 01,2017
In Process: Sep 07, 2017
Test Invite Letter: Oct 31, 2017
Test & Interview date : Nov 23, 2017

Good luck everybody and best regards
Added you!

scorpio007

Aug 31, 2017
Yay! Just an hour after my long rant I see this on ECaS:

1. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update!
Congrats Katayoon.

Reactions: Katayoon

scorpio007

Aug 31, 2017
Just received this

5. We sent you a notice on November 28, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Please update spreadsheet.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. it is only getting close :)

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received this

5. We sent you a notice on November 28, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Please update spreadsheet.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. it is only getting close :)
Congrats Scorpio007! You will take your oath right after me! Let us celebrate before we get a new headache - finding guarantor and references for passport application. I plan to wait 48 business hours exactly from oath before I rush to the passport office :D I have zero patience left after all these years and back and forth between 3yr and 4yr residency rules...

Reactions: scorpio007

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Congrats Scorpio007! You will take your oath right after me! Let us celebrate before we get a new headache - finding guarantor and references for passport application. I plan to wait 48 business hours exactly from oath before I rush to the passport office :D I have zero patience left after all these years and back and forth between 3yr and 4yr residency rules...
I think you and me are at the same boat, I had lot of trouble while getting PR due to Buffalo office closure etc..etc...
when they changed the citizenship rule two years back ,I was eligible exactly on the same day they changed the rule and could not apply and had to wait two more years...now again they reverted the rule , however it is no use for me as I am again eligible with both old and new rules :)
I also wanted to finish this as early as possible...but I have waited long enough and can wait few more months...

good luck guys..

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you and me are at the same boat, I had lot of trouble while getting PR due to Buffalo office closure etc..etc...
when they changed the citizenship rule two years back ,I was eligible exactly on the same day they changed the rule and could not apply and had to wait two more years...now again they reverted the rule , however it is no use for me as I am again eligible with both old and new rules :)
I also wanted to finish this as early as possible...but I have waited long enough and can wait few more months...

good luck guys..
Well my case is even more curious. I got passport request to stamp my PR visa back in 2012 but few days later they wrote me that it was a glitch and I went back to "in process". So I only could come to Canada in 2013 and because of that year lost I could not apply for citizenship by the time the 3yr rule got overruled with the 4yr rule...oh well, the battle is almost over.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Well my case is even more curious. I got passport request to stamp my PR visa back in 2012 but few days later they wrote me that it was a glitch and I went back to "in process". So I only could come to Canada in 2013 and because of that year lost I could not apply for citizenship by the time the 3yr rule got overruled with the 4yr rule...oh well, the battle is almost over.

Well, congratulations! You're finally there! Glad you didn't move to Regina.. lol.. Don't think we have any ceremonies in Regina for the month of December!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, congratulations! You're finally there! Glad you didn't move to Regina.. lol.. Don't think we have any ceremonies in Regina for the month of December!
Lol...Regina was very fast on issuing test invites but then ran out of steam. Ottawa has more gradual and balanced pace of progression based on timelines (takes approximately 1 month between each two steps in the process so updates arrive just in time before panic starts).
My oath ceremony has not been uploaded to the public website yet so even if you do not see ceremony there, they may still have ceremonies on schedule that only applicants who got invites know about.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oath letter came through mail today - 24 hours after I got oath line on my ECAS and 2 days after the letter date.

Reactions: swapno

BTCPR

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hello there!

My status on the ECAS changed to Decision Made today! Admin if you could please update my timeline on the spreadsheet that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Yay! Just an hour after my long rant I see this on ECaS:

1. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update!
Congrats my friend, So happy for you...