+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
I just got the test invitation by mail today. My eCas was updated on friday though that they have sent me letter.

Anyone can share their recent test & interview experience at Glen Erin center in Mississauga?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay! Just an hour after my long rant I see this on ECaS:

1. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update!

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit

1. We sent you a notice on November 27, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 15, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Please update!
Congratulations.... so it took exactly one month after your test...that means 3 or 4 weeks time what they said is correct...

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.... so it took exactly one month after your test...that means 3 or 4 weeks time what they said is correct...
Thanks!
Yeah - Based on the sheet it is 1 month when you get decision made right after the test and two months if decision made takes a few weeks. I saw two people here who waited 2 months for oath but their test date and decision made were 1 month apart (I am guessing their prohibition checks were longer).

CC_Montreal

Oct 12, 2017
Thanks!
Yeah - Based on the sheet it is 1 month when you get decision made right after the test and two months if decision made takes a few weeks. I saw two people here who waited 2 months for oath but their test date and decision made were 1 month apart (I am guessing their prohibition checks were longer).
big cong! which office are you in?

GPCPR

Nov 27, 2017
Hello ,

Thanks to everyone for this forum and the useful spreadsheet.
I'd like to add my case to the spreadsheet:

Type: Single
Physical Presence days: 1675
App sent: Jul 24, 2017
App Received: Jul 26, 2017
AOR: Sep 01,2017
In Process: Sep 07, 2017
Test Invite Letter: Oct 31, 2017
Test & Interview date : Nov 23, 2017

Good luck everybody and best regards

Reactions: Steph C

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Guys I have Decisions Made under application status since Nov 10 but no 4th line. Is this normal?

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Hi all,

I will be traveling over the Christmas period and will be out of the country for two weeks. I know there is little chance of me being called for a test over the two week period Dec 21 - Jan 7, but just in case does anyone know who I could contact regarding this?

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
@seamyb I had to do the same thing when I had a trip out of the country for two weeks -- I just called them at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) and followed the prompts to speak with an agent. No probs.

It's definitely better to let them know if you're going to be out of the country, rather than wait until you're assigned an appointment you can't make and then have to go through the ordeal of rescheduling it.

Reactions: seamyb

koor

Jul 5, 2012

Please update!
Wow! Congratulations! Welcome to the new citizens club :) Though you did not go through the urgent route, your timeline is almost same as mine. So urgent processing is no worth.

I have seen you have been one of the most valued members of this forum providing tons of advice/guidace to others in need. Bravo! The members will remembers you.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! Congratulations! Welcome to the new citizens club :) Though you did not go through the urgent route, your timeline is almost same as mine. So urgent processing is no worth.

I have seen you have been one of the most valued members of this forum providing tons of advice/guidace to others in need. Bravo! The members will remembers you.
Thanks a lot! I also got lots of valuable advice from other members over the past 6 years so the process was reciprocal :D

Haha well don't bury my username yet - maybe a few years from now I will be sponsoring someone to come to Canada and will be resurrected on this forum.

Would you mind sharing the duration of the ceremony? Is it 2 hours like they say on website? I got permission to arrive late to work. Hope they are not gonna keep us the whole day :eek:

Reactions: aakash28 and koor

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks a lot! I also got lots of valuable advice from other members over the past 6 years so the process was reciprocal :D

Haha well don't bury my username yet - maybe a few years from now I will be sponsoring someone to come to Canada and will be resurrected on this forum.

Would you mind sharing the duration of the ceremony? Is it 2 hours like they say on website? I got permission to arrive late to work. Hope they are not gonna keep us the whole day :eek:
Hahaha I thought you might disappear from this forum after citizenship.. Again good intentions to stay on as hero member...

Exactly it takes 2 hours. Before/after ceremony people take pictures in front of the provincial flags. Make sure to take a camera and a friend along.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha I thought you might disappear from this forum after citizenship.. Again good intentions to stay on as hero member...

Exactly it takes 2 hours. Before/after ceremony people take pictures in front of the provincial flags. Make sure to take a camera and a friend along.
Thanks for yoir advice. I am gonna bring a huge selfie stick then cause all my friends are either at work or school at that time :rolleyes:

Reactions: koor

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
@seamyb I had to do the same thing when I had a trip out of the country for two weeks -- I just called them at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) and followed the prompts to speak with an agent. No probs.

It's definitely better to let them know if you're going to be out of the country, rather than wait until you're assigned an appointment you can't make and then have to go through the ordeal of rescheduling it.
Thank you for the info. I'll make the call first thing in the morning.