Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Congrats!
Wow I have been told to wait 1-2 months for oath letter, now it is 3-4 weeks :eek: By the way my 3-4 weeks have passed now...I checked June tracker and I see someone who sat test end of september just got invitation for the December oath.
Yeah,,,..looks like depends on the office. I heard in general the Oath takes place every day, not on occasions only.
when i gave my exam, in one section, they got lot of chairs and each chair got one citizenship certificates. that means there was Oath scheduled on that day and that was no special day. So basically it all depends on the office your file is processed.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
Congratulations

How was the test? A little bit similar to some online apps?

I have my test next Thursday and I'm starting to read the book for the 3rd time.
Good luck with the exam. Yeah, all the online websites will help in passing the exam, but I strongly recommend to read the book multiple times.
some times few questions may be little tricky but you should be able to answer with your book knowledge.
do not worry i am sure you all will pass the exam.

Reactions: cfbarroso

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
@zeeshee it depends on what option you've selected for communication - by post or email. If you selected email communication, you will receive an email with a PDF attachment that gives you the details on where to go and what time - you have to take this with you to the test. (That's how I received my notification for the test). If you elected to be communicated with by mail, then you'll receive it in the post. You get one or the other, not both.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah,,,..looks like depends on the office. I heard in general the Oath takes place every day, not on occasions only.
when i gave my exam, in one section, they got lot of chairs and each chair got one citizenship certificates. that means there was Oath scheduled on that day and that was no special day. So basically it all depends on the office your file is processed.
Yes but my office is Ottawa like yours...

cfbarroso

Jun 19, 2017
Gatineau, QC
Good luck with the exam. Yeah, all the online websites will help in passing the exam, but I strongly recommend to read the book multiple times.
some times few questions may be little tricky but you should be able to answer with your book knowledge.
do not worry i am sure you all will pass the exam.
Thank you very much. I already read it 3 times. I have plans to read 2 more times until Thursday.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Oh god..I passed the test on Nov 2 and the officer told me I should receive the oath letter between 4 to 6 weeks. My status is now DM but also no oath letter. I travel a lot with my job and I was really hoping to get the letter in Dec. :( I wonder why the ceremony in Montreal is delayed...
And for December, there will be only one day with oath ceremony in Montreal. I don't understand with their huge backlog, why can't they schedule it more frequently.

figzy

Jul 25, 2017
Update from Winnipeg:

Wrote and passed the test yesterday. Questions were very reasonable, and the interview was straight forward. Officer advised we should expect to have our Oath Ceremony in the next 2 - 5 months.

eCAS changed to "Decision Made" this morning.

Good luck to All.

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And for December, there will be only one day with oath ceremony in Montreal. I don't understand with their huge backlog, why can't they schedule it more frequently.
Or book a bigger venue like a football stadium or something. I am even ready to pay extra fees to cover rental costs (my entire paycheck, if needed) just to get done with this. This will be the most boring holiday season ever for me as I will be stuck in Ottawa with expiring PR card and no news on oath:mad:
Our only consolation is that there are still people with no test invites, so it could be worse...I prefer waiting with "decision made" than waiting "in process"...:eek:

Reactions: burakcayir

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
Yes but my office is Ottawa like yours...
Then not sure...unless I do not get a letter, we assume they are just saying 3 or 4 weeks but actually may take few months...