+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Congrats man, what a relief! So do I understand it correctly that they take away your COPR and PR card during the ceremony forever? (And then we cannot travel until we get passport)
Thank you. Yes you are right they take away your PR card but not COPR. They told us to apply for passport after two days (48) hours as you wont be in the system until then. In the letter they say we should bring all original docs plus passports but they only ask for PR card at the ceremony.
Good luck.

Reactions: Katayoon

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
DM this morning.
For minors ECAS will change to DM or not? my case we both showing DM but minor ECAS is showing still "In Process".
There is no 5th line in my DM status.

Last edited:

jaioublie

Sep 9, 2016
No oath letter yet. The officer had told me during the interview that the oath for Montreal are all delayed and mine can be scheduled in 4-5 months. So I expect an oath in 2018.
Oh god..I passed the test on Nov 2 and the officer told me I should receive the oath letter between 4 to 6 weeks. My status is now DM but also no oath letter. I travel a lot with my job and I was really hoping to get the letter in Dec. :( I wonder why the ceremony in Montreal is delayed...

oferro

Nov 13, 2017
DM this morning.
For minors ECAS will change to DM or not? my case we both showing DM but minor ECAS is showing still "In Process".
There is no 5th line in my DM status.
I am in the same situation. Adults status changed to DM a couple of weeks ago but kids still show In Process. Not sure if this is normal.
No 5th line either, just DM in the status. I guess the 5th line will show when they send the invite for the oath ceremony. Hopefully soon.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Is there anyone from. Montreal still waiting for test invite? Been in process since August 28th and nothing so far... I don't understand how they work

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They definitely take your PR card and what I believe to have heard is that it's illegal to travel on any other passport once you are officially a Canadian citizen. Passport doesn't take long to come after you apply btw..so not that much of a trouble really! :)
Thank you! Yeah the processing time for passport is a matter of days but there is an additional disturbance in the form of references and as the holiday season starts, everybody will leave for 1-month vacations in Miami, Cuba etc.and will be unavailable to confirm I am not a serial killer. Well...we will deal with that when the time comes. All I want now is just the ceremony date to be able to plan...

Joker85

Jul 17, 2017
Guys,

Please update my time line

Test: 6th September
DM: 18th November
Oath Email: 24th November
Oath Date: 12th December in Hamilton

Thanks!!

Reactions: qjzhou

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Got the DM on Thursday Nov 23 as well! No 5th line either yet...

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Passed my exam(19/20) and interview yesterday i.e 24th, and they said it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the oath letter....
good luck to every one.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed my exam(19/20) and interview yesterday i.e 24th, and they said it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the oath letter....
good luck to every one.
Congrats!
Wow I have been told to wait 1-2 months for oath letter, now it is 3-4 weeks :eek: By the way my 3-4 weeks have passed now...I checked June tracker and I see someone who sat test end of september just got invitation for the December oath.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
any idea why Montreal is taking that much time ???? ,, did he tell you ??
Officer didn't mention any reason. They had 10 ceremonies in Greater Montreal Area in November. But I guess they are just too busy with the applications and they have a huge backlog. They usually organize the ceremonies in the conference room of Hotel La Plaza which should allocate at least 200 people in one session. So their waiting list should be really long.