+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my test in December 1st week at 9 am in Hamilton. Wondering how long does it take to complete both test and interview. The reason I am asking is to confirm whether I could manage test and interview by taking half day leave from office. Any idea from Hamilton applicant who finished test recently? Please help.....
I got half day leave from work too but I ended up getting to work by 10 am already. My test was scheduled for 8:15 am but most of us were already there by 7:45. So they started checking our invites shortly after and by 8:15 we were all sitting in the exam hall already. We started writing test at around 8:45 and many people finished within 10 minutes. Then once everybody submitted test and came out they started calling us one by one for interview (there were three "windows" with three officers). As I was among the first to submit test, I was among the first to be called for interview too. Interview lasted 5 minutes. At 9:20 am I proudly walked out of the building on my way to work.

user222

Aug 16, 2017
Hi

Someone who applied for Canadian citizenship can they travel with their PR to other countries while they are waiting for their citizenship to go through or they should not leave Canada while their citizenship application is in progress?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi

Someone who applied for Canadian citizenship can they travel with their PR to other countries while they are waiting for their citizenship to go through or they should not leave Canada while their citizenship application is in progress?
Yes, you can leave the country while your citizenship is in process- You should try to notify the CIC about your travel if it's more than 2 weeks though, so you don't get your test or oath scheduled during that time.

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that I had my test/interview this morning. I found the test honestly really easy. It probably took about 8 minutes to complete it, and maybe another 5 minutes to double check it. I was at the Calgary office and the test was scheduled for 8:05 AM,Most of us there by 7:45AM. Today weather also supported well ( +10C) .There were about 50 people in the test session with me,. When we finally got inside, they asked us to have a PR card and the first page of our invitation letter. Then once everybody submitted test and came out they started calling us one by one for interview (there were one big "window" for family applicants and other 2 small "windows" for single applicant.).

So once the officer called me up, they had my whole file that I'd submitted as my original application. She asked me for my passports (current and expired), driver's licence, Health card,PR Card, and that was it. She asked me very simple question about what I do for work and some general question regarding postal address and about my son. The test was easy, but there were some tricky questions in it. Please read book minimum 3 times. Finally she told us Please wait till mid January for the oath invite in mail or by post.

All the Best to Everyone!!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehe !!! Been DM since September, NB is a small province with few ceremonies :(

O well we will all get to the finish line, eventually.
Well, at least we have decision made so the wait is not as painful as when I was "in process" :eek:

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Hello all,
Today I had my citizenship oath ceremony, which went well. The event was lively and the room was packed with new citizens and guests. What a great coincident - the ceremony was held at the same building where I work! So lucky, so convenient! Perhaps they chose the venue especially for me :)
Good luck to all who are awaiting their oath letters! Remember, patience is virtue!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
Today I had my citizenship oath ceremony, which went well. The event was lively and the room was packed with new citizens and guests. What a great coincident - the ceremony was held at the same building where I work! So lucky, so convenient! Perhaps they chose the venue especially for me :)
Good luck to all who are awaiting their oath letters! Remember, patience is virtue!
Congrats man, what a relief! So do I understand it correctly that they take away your COPR and PR card during the ceremony forever? (And then we cannot travel until we get passport)

Reactions: koor

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Congrats man, what a relief! So do I understand it correctly that they take away your COPR and PR card during the ceremony forever? (And then we cannot travel until we get passport)
They definitely take your PR card and what I believe to have heard is that it's illegal to travel on any other passport once you are officially a Canadian citizen. Passport doesn't take long to come after you apply btw..so not that much of a trouble really! :)

Reactions: Katayoon

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Finally DM this morning. Since i've stopped tracking, this is the first time i checked in 2 weeks but it says DM. No other updates. Please update spreadsheet. Also please let me know how long it took for the 5th line to appear.

Good luck everyone!

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
DM Yesterday, November 23. I guess we have to wait patiently for the next stage....

Good luck all !
Oh so mine must have been yesterday too. lol They were hanging to our files together i guess. But congratulations! This is great news

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Oh so mine must have been yesterday too. lol They were hanging to our files together i guess. But congratulations! This is great news
Yeah, must be yesterday cos I have been checking every single day. I couldn't understand why it was taking longer than 6weeks. Maybe same person is handling our files....lol ...who knows?