+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hi guys,

For those who did the test interview, I would appreciate if you can share the length of the interview and what questions do they ask. I have an interview next month and would like to know because it's a bit stressful.

Thank you!
Mickel

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

For those who did the test interview, I would appreciate if you can share the length of the interview and what questions do they ask. I have an interview next month and would like to know because it's a bit stressful.

Thank you!
Mickel
10 minutes for me. Questions: are you still living at address X? Do you live alone or with relatives? Are you still working at XYZ? Is it a permanent job? Did you travel outside Canada since you became PR? Which countries? You have multiple citizenships - when did you become citizen of country X?

90% of the interview was checking passport stamps.

Reactions: mickel44

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
10 minutes for me. Questions: are you still living at address X? Do you live alone or with relatives? Are you still working at XYZ? Is it a permanent job? Did you travel outside Canada since you became PR? Which countries? You have multiple citizenships - when did you become citizen of country X?

90% of the interview was checking passport stamps.
Thank you Katayoon!
What if I am missing a stamp or 2 from the past simply because the officer at the airport did not provide one and forgot to ask? does it mean will get a RQ?:(

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Katayoon!
What if I am missing a stamp or 2 from the past simply because the officer at the airport did not provide one and forgot to ask? does it mean will get a RQ?:(
I also had one missing stamp but the officer did not make a big deal out of it. However I had alternative proofs in the form of printed tickets and boarding passes for all my trips - which he did not go through by the way.
So I suggest you bring alternative proofs just in case, if you have any. Most officers are very reasonable but some of them very pedantic and detail-oriented, so you may not wish to put yourself into a difficult situation.

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I also had one missing stamp but the officer did not make a big deal out of it. However I had alternative proofs in the form of printed tickets and boarding passes for all my trips - which he did not go through by the way.
So I suggest you bring alternative proofs just in case, if you have any. Most officers are very reasonable but some of them very pedantic and detail-oriented, so you may not wish to put yourself into a difficult situation.
I do have a copy of the ticket but lost my boarding pass unfortunately. Not sure this is sufficient, do you think a credit cars statement showing the spendings I did the day I returned to canada can work on that case?
Sorry for my so many questions but am a bit worried:(

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have a copy of the ticket but lost my boarding pass unfortunately. Not sure this is sufficient, do you think a credit cars statement showing the spendings I did the day I returned to canada can work on that case?
Sorry for my so many questions but am a bit worried:(
They will most probably have your entry dates from their own CBSA records. I would be more worried about exit dates, but take with you whatever you can. It is better to be overprepared than underprepared. :D

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
For those who took the test already. Did you just pratice using the free tests online or did you guy pay for extra. If so was ut helpful? Link please. Thanks.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who took the test already. Did you just pratice using the free tests online or did you guy pay for extra. If so was ut helpful? Link please. Thanks.
Going through book 3 times and doing free tests was enough to pass at 20/20 for me.

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
Yayyy finally I became Canadian citizen!!!

I took Oath on November 2nd. Oath ceremony was simple and great !:)

I got 100% too. Good luck to everyone!

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Whats wrong with Mississauga office? There are so many offices nearby, if they cannt handle , tranfer files to other office............why are they holding it ?

figzy

Jul 25, 2017
Progress update (Winnipeg): While eCAS is yet to change, I received notice to appear for Citizenship test (regular mail).

Test invite letter dated: October 30, 2017
Test Date: November 27

Kindly update my timelines.

Thanks

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Whats wrong with Mississauga office? There are so many offices nearby, if they cannt handle , tranfer files to other office............why are they holding it ?
I agree, I see from the spreadsheet that there are few people from the Toronto area that have the exact same timeline as you and I yet they have already had their test. It makes no sense.

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hi guys,

If I receive the test invite by e-mail, but never by mail as it says on ecas "The letter you receive by mail should be your official confirmation", does it mean I should call them and ask to resend by mail or the an email print of the letter should suffice?

Thank you