+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Not many. I find this forum overloaded with horror stories about RQs, citizenship judges etc.because people mostly post when they have issues and seek help. Everybody I know in person got passports within just a few months and they have never heard of this forum, but as soon as I open this forum I get scared off by one horror story after another.
On a factual note, there were about 30 people who wrote test with me but only one of them is present in the sheet.
I agree. I have a friend who will take her oath in two weeks and she had no clue about this forum. She never worried about anything. She was told during her interview that she needed a police certificate and she supplied it a day after her interview. Her whole application was totally stress free and I worried more about her application as she was traveling a lot to her home country and I was sure after having spent a lot of time on this forum that she must get RQ...but then...one gets addicted to check!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. I have a friend who will take her oath in two weeks and she had no clue about this forum. She never worried about anything. She was told during her interview that she needed a police certificate and she supplied it a day after her interview. Her whole application was totally stress free and I worried more about her application as she was traveling a lot to her home country and I was sure after having spent a lot of time on this forum that she must get RQ...but then...one gets addicted to check!
Exactly. And I had zero day of buffer over my 1461 days, I travelled a lot and as some people said here I am from axis of evil country so all I heard here is "You will definitely get RQ", "Oh it was such a stupid idea to apply without buffer", "oh your security check will take forever" etc.etc. And then look at my timeline - less than 4 months between application filed and decision made.

lorenb

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
Congratulations lorenb! We both had the test on the same day in Scarborough and ECAS updated to"Decision Made" on the same day. Interesting to see if we get oath invitation the same day.
Thanks. Yes it will be interesting, hope the oath invite comes soon.

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Exactly. And I had zero day of buffer over my 1461 days, I travelled a lot and as some people said here I am from axis of evil country so all I heard here is "You will definitely get RQ", "Oh it was such a stupid idea to apply without buffer", "oh your security check will take forever" etc.etc. And then look at my timeline - less than 4 months between application filed and decision made.
I agree with you, mine is a good example, I have been here more than 4 years continuously without even one day leaving, with governmental job and high security screening as well, but if you see my timeline it shows 2 months for getting AOR and one more month gap between AOR and changing to in process status. I am such a lucky applicant !!!
no blame...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you, mine is a good example, I have been here more than 4 years continuously without even one day leaving, with governmental job and high security screening as well, but if you see my timeline it shows 2 months for getting AOR and one more month gap between AOR and changing to in process status. I am such a lucky applicant !!!
no blame...
Yeah but you sent an incomplete package so this contributed to delay...I was talking about clean and complete packages.:D

Jun 28, 2012
Hi guys. I got my notice to write my test yesterday via email. Can someone add my info below:

Office: Vancouver
App Type: Single
Physical Days: 1480
App sent: July 14
App delivered: Jul 17
AOR: Aug 16
In Process: Aug 18
Test invite: Nov 1
Test Date: Dec 8

On the notice it said that I could take the oath on the same day. Is that standard? I thought we had to wait for some time to take the oath.

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi guys. I got my notice to write my test yesterday via email. Can someone add my info below:

Office: Vancouver
App Type: Single
Physical Days: 1480
App sent: July 14
App delivered: Jul 17
AOR: Aug 16
In Process: Aug 18
Test invite: Nov 1
Test Date: Dec 8

On the notice it said that I could take the oath on the same day. Is that standard? I thought we had to wait for some time to take the oath.
That happens for some people, yes. If an oath ceremony is taking place simultaneously, they just send the people who passed the test there I guess. That's good though! :D
Good luck for your test!

glenth

Jun 27, 2011
Hi,
Checked my status today and its updated to Decision made!
please update the spreadsheet

Application was mailed on: 12 July 2017
Application received on: 17 July 2017
Application Type: Single
Applicant Location: Regina
AOR Date: 23 Aug 2017
In Process : 31 Aug 2017
Test Invite : 3 Oct 2017
Test : 20 Oct 2017
Decision made : 3 Nov 2017

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Still waiting on DM over here! Apparently need ECAS to say DM in order to request an alternate ceremony location?
Vancouver has them twice a week but Victoria only a few times per year.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Do you guys know if the citizenship ceremony has to be in the same location as the test?
No you can request a different location especially since they have them frequently in major locations.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I didn't know there is an option to request a different location. I doubt I'll find a location with more ceremonies, in Scarborough there are ceremonies two days a week, 4 times a day. Maybe that's as frequent as it gets. I am a bit surprised my status has been "Decision made" for 2 weeks now and no news about a ceremony, even if the ceremony is scheduled for next year.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I didn't know there is an option to request a different location. I doubt I'll find a location with more ceremonies, in Scarborough there are ceremonies two days a week, 4 times a day. Maybe that's as frequent as it gets. I am a bit surprised my status has been "Decision made" for 2 weeks now and no news about a ceremony, even if the ceremony is scheduled for next year.
We were told in Vancouver it can take a couple of months for oath invitation after decision made.