+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for citizenship and received the exam date for my self, spouse.My son is under 14, is it required to bring minor's documents for verification during the test day? What documents are required?

Does we required to take below documents ?
1. Application, physical presence sheets:
2. Passport, COPR, PR card, language, identity docs etc.: travel documents what does it mean?
You are not required to bring application and physical presence sheet but you can - I personally will bring them so that I can answer questions.

You need to bring everything they list in the test invite + test invite + passports (originals of every passport you submitted with application + new ones, if any) + Certificate of permanent residence + Permanent residence card + language proof + 2 IDs
Some people have travel documents instead of passport (e.g. refugees who cannot get passport from their country).

Not sure about minors - I will let other fellows to comment. I think my test invite mentions something about documents for minors - check your test invite again.

Reactions: kpkinnera

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
You are not required to bring application and physical presence sheet but you can - I personally will bring them so that I can answer questions.

You need to bring everything they list in the test invite + test invite + passports (originals of every passport you submitted with application + new ones, if any) + Certificate of permanent residence + Permanent residence card + language proof + 2 IDs
Some people have travel documents instead of passport (e.g. refugees who cannot get passport from their country).

Not sure about minors - I will let other fellows to comment. I think my test invite mentions something about documents for minors - check your test invite again.
Thank You Dear

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I have applied for citizenship and received the exam date for my self, spouse.My son is under 14, is it required to bring minor's documents for verification during the test day? What documents are required?

Does we required to take below documents ?
1. Application, physical presence sheets:
2. Passport, COPR, PR card, language, identity docs etc.: travel documents what does it mean?
In the invitation letter, they tell you what you need to bring. It's usually the originals you included in the application, plus anything else that might help. I brought the application, physical presence calculator, passports, PR card, diploma (language proof). This is what my invitation said:

When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.); Note: minors are not required to
show identification with a signature.
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist
in the citizenship application form);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
In the invitation letter, they tell you what you need to bring. It's usually the originals you included in the application, plus anything else that might help. I brought the application, physical presence calculator, passports, PR card, diploma (language proof). This is what my invitation said:

When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.); Note: minors are not required to
show identification with a signature.
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist
in the citizenship application form);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
Thank you NevPen

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Nope. I have an agent who deals with my tax filing after I worked for a bit in France in 2014. It involved international tax filing so I got professional help not to miss/mess anything. Since then I got too comfortable to pass on my tax filing to the professional. He never asked me for this info.
Do I need to talk to him regarding this?
Some provinces or territories provide tax breaks for trips and other such spending, that is why I asked that question. I doubt it applies in your case though. Good luck.

Reactions: bhanump

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
C-6 does seem to have affected the processing times i think. Silent spreadsheets is all i see.
I am disappointed in Regina. They gave out test invites so quickly and now people are stuck in silence...I was a big fan of Regina office...

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Just checked and my e-CAS has been updated with the test invite for Nov 16th. Didn't get any email notice for the test. Will have to wait for the hard copy.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016

Can one use PRC and travel documents for 2 personal identification? I mean can you re-use it since I would have tendered the PRC and travel document as they would have required in the checklist when you submit the initial application