+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Speaking to a CIC agent is mission impossible. I've tried to reach them so many times with zero luck. I received an email with my notice for the citizenship test but never received anything in the mail. In ECAs it says I should be receiving a letter in the mail. My test is tomorrow and I am just going to show up with the email notice and hope for the best. I am not sure this would be enough but if I haven't received anything in the mail and cannot get in touch with anyone, I don't know what else I am supposed to do.
Don't worry, I also got my notice by e-mail. I did not receive anything by mail. I had a print out of the notice in the e-mail attachment, took it to the test and it was ok.

Reactions: NevPen

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Anyone from Saskatchewan got Decision made?
Nope. I am still waiting. Been a week since my test. How was you exam by the way? Mine was smooth with a 20/20 score....Interview was also straight forward and friendly.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

prash16

Jun 19, 2017
Please update the tracker test letter date : 17th Oct , Test date : 8th Nov , Test center : Vancouver

Tnxs

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hey guys! I had my test and interview today. I got 20/20 on the test and I was surprised. I did not find it easy at all and I thought they were some quite misleading questions. But I received my invite only 1 week before the test and had a crazy busy week at work so I had no time to prepare until Sunday so maybe that's why I felt it was not very easy. The interviewing officer was super-nice, she verified all my stamps (which took about 15 minutes as I have been out of the country A LOT). She asked me if I work, a few other general questions and said she was jealous of me for having travelled so much and having so many stamps haha. She said I should expect an invite for oath 4-6 weeks from now. When I left I spoke to some people in the waiting room who had already passed their tests and oaths and they said the oath should be in the next 1-3 weeks. They claimed it is much faster that what CIC said. Maybe they were just lucky, who knows. My test center was Scarborough. Good luck to everyone, I will keep updating when I get news.

P.S. I found this site the most useful for preparation. In terms of difficulty, I thought the practice tests here were the closest to the actual test.
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Nope. I am still waiting. Been a week since my test. How was you exam by the way? Mine was smooth with a 20/20 score....Interview was also straight forward and friendly.
I had a similar one. Test was easy and smooth, got 20. Interview went smooth as well. Officer said she expects the oath to be in a couple of months. Same here waiting for the Oath. Lets stay in touch and see the progress made.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Sure, I am going to sign this petition. We already waited extra two years for the application, now they again made the same rule, just like salt on my raw wounds. I also upset as PR took 4years due to Buffalo Visa office closing. Difference between my friend was only two month intially but now it's 5years plus Mississauga office. If they were that busy they can forward it to other visa offices and just take test with oath only. Thank You

casper247

Mar 30, 2013
is it recommended to advise the CIC if you have a trip coming up for 3 wks? don't want to miss a potential test date. thoughts?

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received an email on October 13th with my invitation to sit the citizenship test on November 8th here in Vancouver. Looks like we'll be there on the same day, @prash16! It felt like Vancouver's office was going really slowly as well so it's a relief to finally have my test date.

I also just received the notice by email, although the update on my ecas says the notice I receive by "mail" will be my official notice. If you have opted to receive information and updates by email then that's how they'll communicate with you - it's the PDF letter ATTACHED to the email which counts as your official notice.

@casper247 I would definitely call and let them know about your upcoming absence. I have a two week trip coming up on November 10th and I knew there was a chance that the timing would work out that my test date would fall in that period, so I was glad that I had let them know about it. I think it's easier to let them know if you're going to be unavailable, rather than wait until you're assigned an appointment and have to go through the process of rescheduling it because you can't make it. I called them at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) and followed the prompts to speak with an agent -- it was really straightforward.

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, I also got my notice by e-mail. I did not receive anything by mail. I had a print out of the notice in the e-mail attachment, took it to the test and it was ok.
SOS! I need your urgent help and of folks here.
I just realized that CIC changed their document checklist in October so I cannot locate the original checklist which we used in July to apply. The problem is that my test letter says "bring all originals submitted with application" but does not specify which documents! Could you please help me recreate the July checklist? (I see that the new checklist is shorter and has dropped PR card and COPR, for instance)

Based on my memory, I submitted copies of:

Language proof

COPR

PR card

Passports

2 IDs (driving license and health card)

Am I missing here anything? Special cases like the gender reassignment proofs do not apply to me.

Please help

Reactions: burakcayir