+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

CC_Montreal

Oct 12, 2017
Passed my test and interview today. I got 20/20 in the exam which was very easy. From the multiple choice of four, the other three options were usually funny or irrelevant, so you can guess the correct answer easily.
For the interview, I was confident and had a nice chat with the agent. I provided a chart having all stamps and page numbers, a sample set of stamp translations and also the CBSA and CBP reports as one of my stamps missing and and another stamp was wrong dated. Officer said, she will check them again and made a decision but she was satisfied overall. She said they had some delays for the oath ceremonies in Montreal, so I could expect an oath date in 4-5 months.
Big cong! I am nervous about the exam. Cause it is less than 10 days when I got the invited test.... i start to prepare from today LOL... We just need to read ' Discover Canada " right? I have heard there might by some questions never appear in the Guide (discover canada)

rao_manoj2004

Star Member
May 4, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2010
Doc's Request.
08/04/2010
AOR Received.
20/08/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20/07/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
28/11/2012
friends ... what is option with someone who has not recived AOR after 47 days of delivery date ... Helpline is not useful ...

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question : On AOR email is says that " If you are getting this AOR via email than " Discover Canada Study guide" will be able to downloaded from below website " http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp" or if AOR is via mail than it will be mail out.

Does this mean that CIC will not send Study guide in mail or AOR is via email ?

Please let me know
If you got AOR by email, you will not get a hard copy - you need to download the study guide from the link in your email or from the link in your ECAS or just go to CIC website and you can download from there too.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for reply. Does any one help on find right web resources for practice test online ?
If you got AOR by email, you will not get a hard copy - you need to download the study guide from the link in your email or from the link in your ECAS or just go to CIC website and you can download from there too.

CC_Montreal

Oct 12, 2017
Question : On AOR email is says that " If you are getting this AOR via email than " Discover Canada Study guide" will be able to downloaded from below website " http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp" or if AOR is via mail than it will be mail out.

Does this mean that CIC will not send Study guide in mail or AOR is via email ?

Please let me know
https://smp.gilmore.ca/web/richsmp/layout/generica/UserMain.faces

you can ask for hard copy . it is free

slguo_2000

Oct 5, 2017
Citizenship application timeline (Calgary, single, 1800+ days of physical presence)

Application sent: July 24th 2017
Application delivered: July 26th 2017
AOR: Sept 1st 2017
In process: Sept 6th 2017
Test invite letter (mail):
Test date:

PR card expired June 2016 and applied for renewal at the end of July this year and got new card on Oct 2nd.

frenchie

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 31st 2012
Doc's Request.
included with application
AOR Received.
Nov 8th 2012
IELTS Request
included with application
Med's Request
Feb 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
LANDED..........
May 3rd 2013
Congratulations!! I've just updated your information.

Nice to see GTA applicants getting test dates. I see that you are from Burlington, is your local office Hamilton? Just curious as Hamilton is the office assigned to handle Oakville.

Good Luck for the test!
Thank you!

Yes, my local office is Hamilton.