File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Nice to see that the GTA is finally moving, I just wish they would provide more updates.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Only Mississauga office is behind, is there any way we can request them to see how other offices are doing?
It would be nice to know for sure which office in the GTA our applications went to.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Passed my test and interview today. I got 20/20 in the exam which was very easy. From the multiple choice of four, the other three options were usually funny or irrelevant, so you can guess the correct answer easily.
For the interview, I was confident and had a nice chat with the agent. I provided a chart having all stamps and page numbers, a sample set of stamp translations and also the CBSA and CBP reports as one of my stamps missing and and another stamp was wrong dated. Officer said, she will check them again and made a decision but she was satisfied overall. She said they had some delays for the oath ceremonies in Montreal, so I could expect an oath date in 4-5 months.
Congrats ! Always good to be more than prepared :)
5 months for an oath date , wow incredible... hopefully you will get it sooner , at least you're done with the test now..

Reactions: burakcayir

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I had my test today. I was super easy. 20/20 and done in less than 5 minutes. Interview went smooth and fine. Officer was satisfied. Didn't even look at all the originals. She looked at ID's, passports and Landing Document. There was a 2 month gap between the validity of old and new passport. She said that she'll request a report(she mentioned the name of the report but i don't remember) which she will receive in less than 24 hours and I should expect a letter in the mail for Oath in around 2 months. Since i have travel plans in December, requested to either get that done early or after I am back. She explained the process in case i have to reschedule the oath.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test today. I was super easy. 20/20 and done in less than 5 minutes. Interview went smooth and fine. Officer was satisfied. Didn't even look at all the originals. She looked at ID's, passports and Landing Document. There was a 2 month gap between the validity of old and new passport. She said that she'll request a report(she mentioned the name of the report but i don't remember) which she will receive in less than 24 hours and I should expect a letter in the mail for Oath in around 2 months. Since i have travel plans in December, requested to either get that done early or after I am back. She explained the process in case i have to reschedule the oath.
Congrats! wow 2 months for oath is pretty quick - what a great motivation to move to Regina!!!
Those remote areas with harsh conditions have to be nice to people or it will get deserted :)
When I moved from QC to AB, I noticed how easier and less bureaucratic life was - quicker health card procedures, driving licenses etc.

Reactions: JJS

BTCPR

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hello everyone,

I tried changing my mailing address on the CIC website. I did this a while ago and the change isn't reflected yet. Has anyone tried changing that recently? Should I try calling them?

Thanks! and congratulations to those who's process is moving forward!

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hello everyone,

I tried changing my mailing address on the CIC website. I did this a while ago and the change isn't reflected yet. Has anyone tried changing that recently? Should I try calling them?

Did you try using the webform to contact CIC regarding this? I have heard someone say they used to web form in contact us section to update their address.

Reactions: BTCPR

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

I did the same and it did not change, so I tried again yesterday. It says it should be changed in 15 business days or something similar. I wouldn't be concerned about it a lot if you provided your email as the mean of communication; but it might be worth calling them if you can get hold of them

Reactions: BTCPR

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Congrats! wow 2 months for oath is pretty quick - what a great motivation to move to Regina!!!
Those remote areas with harsh conditions have to be nice to people or it will get deserted :)
When I moved from QC to AB, I noticed how easier and less bureaucratic life was - quicker health card procedures, driving licenses etc.
I think it's just because there are lesser people here, so lesser applicants. In the past they were known to take unusually longer than the rest. However everyone seemed nice during the test. Only the time will tell when the status changes to DM and when I get my Oath letter. But yes life is much more laid back than what it was in BC.

CC_Montreal

Oct 12, 2017
Hi please update mine:

CC_MONTREAL: MONTREAL AOR JULY 11, START TO PORCESS AUG 11, TEST INVITED OOC. 23 MONTREAL SINGLE
Thanks

Reactions: tyl92