Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
I just received by email my invitation to write the citizenship test! I am in disbelief! I literally thought I'll be waiting for this for 6 more months. Unreal! My test is exactly in one week, October 17th, talk about short notice! I am soooo happy and excited!

Congrats!! That's amazing news... Your application is giving a lot of hope to GTA applicants.
Good luck for the test

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Congrats!! That's amazing news... Your application is giving a lot of hope to GTA applicants.
Good luck for the test
Thank you! I can't believe this happened so quick, maybe they made a mistake haha. I've been out of the country on vacation so many times, and lived abroad for a few months, I was expecting them to give me a lot of headache. I guess I was lucky and my application was assigned to a very nice officer :)

Reactions: Katayoon and await

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
I just received by email my invitation to write the citizenship test! I am in disbelief! I literally thought I'll be waiting for this for 6 more months. Unreal! My test is exactly in one week, October 17th, talk about short notice! I am soooo happy and excited!
Updated spreadsheet... Good Luck

Reactions: NevPen

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi,

I've noticed that the spreadsheet admin hasn't updated the spreadsheet with my info yet, while it has been updated for people that have posted their update after me I believe.

Just a kind reminder to please update with my info above.

Many thanks.
Congratulations!! I've just updated your information.

Nice to see GTA applicants getting test dates. I see that you are from Burlington, is your local office Hamilton? Just curious as Hamilton is the office assigned to handle Oakville.

Good Luck for the test!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I can't believe this happened so quick, maybe they made a mistake haha. I've been out of the country on vacation so many times, and lived abroad for a few months, I was expecting them to give me a lot of headache. I guess I was lucky and my application was assigned to a very nice officer :)
Congrats! Same here - I traveled a lot and have 3 passports (including countries who are far from being western friends), so I did not expect any test invite until next year, but miraculously I got one. However I am trying not to get too excited at this point because for some offices they send test invites before security checks are complete, so I am just trying to manage my expectations here to avoid disappointment. In any case, it is good to see they are working on our files. Good luck

Reactions: NevPen

Shad_Hamilton

Aug 19, 2017
Congrats!

Where you have to write the Test? Do you know you case processing centre?

Shad_Hamilton

Aug 19, 2017
Congrats!

Where you have to write the test? do you know your case processing centre?

Hi,

I've noticed that the spreadsheet admin hasn't updated the spreadsheet with my info yet, while it has been updated for people that have posted their update after me I believe.

Just a kind reminder to please update with my info above.

Many thanks.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Congrats!

Where you have to write the Test? Do you know you case processing centre?
I have to appear for the test in Scarborough. I am assuming that's where my case processing center is. I live in Greektown, so maybe I was assigned there based on the fact I live in the eastern part of Toronto (not sure if that really matters, just a guess).

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
My ECAS was updated today with the fourth line inviting me for the test. It says I need to receive the official invite y mail, but I received a document by email yesterday and given the short notice, I strongly doubt anything will come through the regular mail. It says to bring all the original documents submitted with the application. Do you guys know if that means I should take pictures again? It just crossed my mind. Thanks and good luck to everyone :)

lorenb

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
Got the notice for the citizenship test today. Test on Oct 27th in Scarborough.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Passed my test and interview today. I got 20/20 in the exam which was very easy. From the multiple choice of four, the other three options were usually funny or irrelevant, so you can guess the correct answer easily.
For the interview, I was confident and had a nice chat with the agent. I provided a chart having all stamps and page numbers, a sample set of stamp translations and also the CBSA and CBP reports as one of my stamps missing and and another stamp was wrong dated. Officer said, she will check them again and made a decision but she was satisfied overall. She said they had some delays for the oath ceremonies in Montreal, so I could expect an oath date in 4-5 months.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Passed my test and interview today. I got 20/20 in the exam which was very easy. From the multiple choice of four, the other three options were usually funny or irrelevant, so you can guess the correct answer easily.
For the interview, I was confident and had a nice chat with the agent. I provided a chart having all stamps and page numbers, a sample set of stamp translations and also the CBSA and CBP reports as one of my stamps missing and and another stamp was wrong dated. Officer said, she will check them again and made a decision but she was satisfied overall. She said they had some delays for the oath ceremonies in Montreal, so I could expect an oath date in 4-5 months.
That's great, congrats! How long was the test- questions/time? Also did they request all the documents you brought or it was your choice? Thanks :)

Reactions: burakcayir

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
That's great, congrats! How long was the test- questions/time? Also did they request all the documents you brought or it was your choice? Thanks :)
The test was 30 minutes. I finished in 5 minutes but just rechecked every answer 5 times :) You have to sit in the exam room till the end of the exam, even if you finish earlier. You return your answer sheet and they check it right there. At the end of 30 minutes they started inviting people from exam room to the interview room.
I saw the agent was checking my stamps which were really a lot. So I told her that I prepared something for her and gave her the chart and other documents that would help :) She liked how organized i was and happy to have all these documents. They did not request those documents but I took them just to be in safer side and it worked.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Your preparation paid off! Wow 5 months for oath...

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
The test was 30 minutes. I finished in 5 minutes but just rechecked every answer 5 times :) You have to sit in the exam room till the end of the exam, even if you finish earlier. You return your answer sheet and they check it right there. At the end of 30 minutes they started inviting people from exam room to the interview room.
I saw the agent was checking my stamps which were really a lot. So I told her that I prepared something for her and gave her the chart and other documents that would help :) She liked how organized i was and happy to have all these documents. They did not request those documents but I took them just to be in safer side and it worked.
You were very prepared indeed, impressive :) I have only until Tuesday to prepare, so I don't think I'll have time to translate any stamps. I'll bring all passports and all the extra documents I can compile until Tuesday, but I had only 1 week notice so I won't be impressively prepared as you were :)