+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
Does anyone have any idea how long you wait to take the oath after you pass the test?

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Thanks JJS - no they did not ask to bring copies of biographical passport pages - it asks to bring all original passports in my possession (I submitted copies with my application). Maybe your copies were not legible to them so they asked for them again? Just a personal speculation. Anyway it is an easy request - I was panicking that they will ask for entry/exit records from other countries or something like that, but so far so good. Good luck to us!
I believe they meant passport that one submitted with the application right? Which for example, could mean passport in the past 5 years or since becoming PR? Will people have to bring their passports from early 2000s that have longed expired even before they obtained PR? just curious

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe they meant passport that one submitted with the application right? Which for example, could mean passport in the past 5 years or since becoming PR? Will people have to bring their passports from early 2000s that have longed expired even before they obtained PR? just curious
Yes this is how I understand it too - they need to verify the originals of whatever we submitted along with application + any new passports, if applicable. What matters is our travel during the eligibility period (= since I became PR) to calculate 1461 days.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any idea how long you wait to take the oath after you pass the test?
The FAQ on their website says up to 6 months.

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
We will give you the results of your test right after you take it.

If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the Oath of Citizenship. Your ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test.

Last edited:

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
Hey guys,

Quick question. I noticed on my ecas today that they added 4th line but the strange part is they didn't invite me to take test rather asking me to appear for citizenship ceremony to take the oath directly. Is this common? I was wondering if this is a glitch on their system or will they send me test date later? Has anyone ever come across this situation? Please let me know.

Please see below 4th line,

We sent you a notice on October 6, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hi guys!! Does anyone here know if we could ask by calling the call center if they have received the fingerprints IRCC requested for additional requirements. Thank you

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
Hey guys,

Quick question. I noticed on my ecas today that they added 4th line but the strange part is they didn't invite me to take test rather asking me to appear for citizenship ceremony to take the oath directly. Is this common? I was wondering if this is a glitch on their system or will they send me test date later? Has anyone ever come across this situation? Please let me know.

Please see below 4th line,

We sent you a notice on October 6, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Think it's a human error while selecting the option from drop down of the system. Wait for the letter on the mail you will have a clear idea. Most probably it is the date of the test. If you are from a much smaller location then you will have your oath and test same day.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Just to update - I got the FP request on September 14th and took the finger print on 28th. Today I got confirmation from Immigration that they got the report clearance on October 2nd from RCMP.

Status still IN PROCESS.

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Just to update - I got the FP request on September 14th and took the finger print on 28th. Today I got confirmation from Immigration that they got the report clearance on October 2nd from RCMP.

Status still IN PROCESS.
Hi just wanted to ask how did you get the confirmation that they got the report clearance? I’m not sure how to check if IRCC had received my partners report clearance too.. thanks

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hi just wanted to ask how did you get the confirmation that they got the report clearance? I’m not sure how to check if IRCC had received my partners report clearance too.. thanks
I called them directly. You can also do that. They can confirm if they have been given clearance regarding the FP. I called them last week and hey confirmed me that they got it. Just to make sure that they get the notification before the prescribed deadline.

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
I called them directly. You can also do that. They can confirm if they have been given clearance regarding the FP. I called them last week and hey confirmed me that they got it. Just to make sure that they get the notification before the prescribed deadline.
Thank you.. did you call the call centre or the office that handles your file??

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
i got finger print request from cic can anyone advice, should i go with police services or private service?
You should either go RCMP or go to third party vendor. I went to the third party. The good thing with third party is that you don’t have to Forward or send anything to Immigration. RCMP would send directly to them. However, if you go to RCMP directly then they would send the report to you and you then need to forward that to CIC.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I just received by email my invitation to write the citizenship test! I am in disbelief! I literally thought I'll be waiting for this for 6 more months. Unreal! My test is exactly in one week, October 17th, talk about short notice! I am soooo happy and excited!

frenchie

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 31st 2012
Doc's Request.
included with application
AOR Received.
Nov 8th 2012
IELTS Request
included with application
Med's Request
Feb 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 14th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
LANDED..........
May 3rd 2013
Good morning all,

Good news: I checked the online tracker today, and it says that yesterday (Oct. 5th) they sent me an invitation to attend the test on the 26th.
Please update the tracking spreadsheet accordingly.

Many thanks!
Hi,

I've noticed that the spreadsheet admin hasn't updated the spreadsheet with my info yet, while it has been updated for people that have posted their update after me I believe.

Just a kind reminder to please update with my info above.

Many thanks.