+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I got my test invite today by e-mail. My test will be on October 11.
I don't see it on ecas yet. An officer left a voicemail to let me know that they sent an e-mail.
I think I will not receive anything else by snail mail, as the e-mail already contains the notice as an attachment.
Note that I only have two weeks notice, which looks shorter than usual.
Wow congrats! Did you move to Regina? Haha

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
Do you receive an email when they mail you the invitation for the test? Or does it show up on the application tracking? How will you know when they have mailed the test invite. Or the only way of knowing is when it actually arrives in the mailbox??:(:(

S.H

Sep 28, 2017
I don't see it on ecas yet. An officer left a voicemail to let me know that they sent an e-mail.
I think I will not receive anything else by snail mail, as the e-mail already contains the notice as an attachment.
When did you get the "in process" status?
I'm just trying to get an idea of when I'll get mine ... :oops:

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Do you receive an email when they mail you the invitation for the test? Or does it show up on the application tracking? How will you know when they have mailed the test invite. Or the only way of knowing is when it actually arrives in the mailbox??:(:(
You get the update in your E-Case and the letter is posted pretty much around that day. Check your mail box and it will be there.

Some have mentioned they just got an email, look above.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...

Ours was 2 weeks too. Congratulations!

Reactions: burakcayir

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I got an updated line on the ECAS which had the date and time of test but no information about the venue. It also said I'll be getting a mail with an official test invitation which i did.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I still wonder if I should receive a letter by snail-mail too. The notice was attached to the e-mail I received. I assume it is official enough to present during the test. People were talking about some yellow letters, whereas I just printed my own :) My ecas has the 4th line about the test invitation today.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I still wonder if I should receive a letter by snail-mail too. The notice was attached to the e-mail I received. I assume it is official enough to present during the test. People were talking about some yellow letters, whereas I just printed my own :) My ecas has the 4th line about the test invitation today.
Letters were not even checked for us, they have a list of individuals who are attending the interview / test, they called out names. Might be different for different offices. If it is in the email and no hard copy is received just print and take it with you.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I think you should be fine. Good luck!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hi! Haven't been to this forum since our PR. My partner is a July applicant and he just got notice to take a test in October. Here's his timeline:

Application received July 7 2017
AOR August 14
Started Processing August 21
Sept 20 Notice to appear for test
Oct 19 test date

Applied as a single application...

It just seems way earlier than we were expecting. Is there any tips on studying for the test because we are really worried about it!

Thanks!
Steph C

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi! Haven't been to this forum since our PR. My partner is a July applicant and he just got notice to take a test in October. Here's his timeline:

Application received July 7 2017
AOR August 14
Started Processing August 21
Sept 20 Notice to appear for test
Oct 19 test date

Applied as a single application...

It just seems way earlier than we were expecting. Is there any tips on studying for the test because we are really worried about it!

Thanks!
Steph C
What's your location. ?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......