+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I was entering my name without special character and I was able to login to my ecas until august 22.
But looks like they changed my name in the system to the one with special character when my application switched to in process. (I have tried it before too and it didnt work, now it works)

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was entering my name without special character and I was able to login to my ecas until august 22.
But looks like they changed my name in the system to the one with special character when my application switched to in process. (I have tried it before too and it didnt work, now it works)
At least now you know that your case is processed in Montreal cause the agent on phone told you so. Which means you will likely sit test in Montreal - no need to travel to other city like for some others. :eek: Based on some posts here it is not uncommon for people to get invited to a different city.

There is a positive side to everything :rolleyes:

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Anybody knows what is the current timeline for Test invite? Cannot seem to observe a pattern as per the spreadsheet. Saskatchewan especially has been very unpredictable. What are your thoughts on this?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody knows what is the current timeline for Test invite? Cannot seem to observe a pattern as per the spreadsheet. Saskatchewan especially has been very unpredictable. What are your thoughts on this?
Looks like a month from "in process" on average, but it depends on file I guess. Based on GCMS notes of other people, I understand that they need to clear all basic checks (criminality etc.) before they invite for test. So it depends on how fast they can clear us.

I have multiple citizenships and I travelled extensively, so if they are going to contact all these countries one by one, I will probably hold the record of the longest wait for test, in addition to my record of uber long wait for AOR among July folks. :D

Last edited:

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Looks like a month from "in process" on average, but it depends on file I guess. Based on GCMS notes of other people, I understand that they need to clear all basic checks (criminality etc.) before they invite for test. So it depends on how fast they can clear us.

I have multiple citizenships and I travelled extensively, so if they are going to contact all these countries one by one, I will probably hold the record of the longest wait for test, in addition to my record of uber long wait for AOR among July folks. :D
I would take the test anywhere in Canada instead of waiting for ecas updates :)
I have lots of travels and missing/wrong dated stamps on my passport. I believe it will be a longer process for me too. Even the translations will be very difficult as some stamps are rarely visible. And i do not have all the boarding passes for those trips.
Some people are still waiting for a test date since January. I still think there is a randomness in process. Let's wait and see ;)

Last edited:

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
I have lots of travels and missing/wrong dated stamps on my passport. I believe it will be a longer process for me too. Even the translations will be very difficult as some stamps are barely visible. And i do not have all the boarding passes for those trips.
Some people are still waiting for a test date since January. I still think there is a randomness in process. Let's wait and see ;)
Are we supposed to have kept all our boarding passes?! I definitely haven't! :eek:

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Are we supposed to have kept all our boarding passes?! I definitely haven't! :eek:
For the travels without stamps, they ask for other proofs. I heard in some interviews and RQ processes, they ask for boarding passes for those travels. Even a ticket might not be enough as it does not prove you really took that flight.

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have lots of travels and missing/wrong dated stamps on my passport. I believe it will be a longer process for me too. Even the translations will be very difficult as some stamps are barely visible. And i do not have all the boarding passes for those trips.
Same here - I am ready to crawl from Ottawa all the way to Vancouver on my belly to get this done - this citizenship thing is seriously limiting my career possibilities.

Agree with you on randomness - just look at our July tracker - it is very far from being first come first served basis: many people who applied after me got AOR before me, but then again I got "in process" before many people who applied before me (even some June folks are not yet in process)...

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
I'm sure it's fine; I have tons of other ways to prove my absences like photos and electronic banking records but I just wondered for a sec if I was supposed to have been saving all my boarding passes, too. No point in worrying about it now, anyway!

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Hi, my application status changed to "in process" on 24th. Could someone update this on the tracker sheet? Thanks and good luck to all those waiting for change from AOR to In Process!

ozzy214

Aug 11, 2017
Request for Urgent Processing Approved? Or Not?... :( How would we know if it has been Processed Or Not?.. as Day Pass by, Without hearing Anything after AOR, Were So Anxious if IRCC Granted our Request.. or Not?.. We don't have any Valid Passport, And I would believe that anyone that had ap

Shad_Hamilton

Aug 19, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2017.
  3. ;)

Shad_Hamilton

Aug 19, 2017
I did not get EMAIL, but I logined to ECAS and saw those lines:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2017.