+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
My son and I will apply July 30 ..he is 15 years old but he has to travel on July 7 can I apply for him while he is outside and just come for the test..Thankyou

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I became eligible today and will courrier my application tomorrow. I will post here when I hear something from them. I am disappointed we lost one year because of this temporary move from 3/5 to 4/6 rule...

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I became eligible today and will courrier my application tomorrow. I will post here when I hear something from them. I am disappointed we lost one year because of this temporary move from 3/5 to 4/6 rule...
Can you give some more details about your application. How many days as per residence calculator and what is your location.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you give some more details about your application. How many days as per residence calculator and what is your location.
I became eligible today so it is the bare minimum days that I have (4 years exact, 1460 days). They say you can apply next day after becoming eligible, so I am not going to wait anymore. I am already annoyed enough with this extra year that we lost. We would already have been citizens by now. Besides, by the time they start processing me, we will revert back to 3/5 rule anyway.

Location - Ottawa

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I became eligible today so it is the bare minimum days that I have (4 years exact, 1460 days). They say you can apply next day after becoming eligible, so I am not going to wait anymore. I am already annoyed enough with this extra year that we lost. We would already have been citizens by now. Besides, by the time they start processing me, we will revert back to 3/5 rule anyway.

Location - Ottawa
The time will for sure go up on 3/5 rule substantially. Is your application for yourself or family? If it is for family, how many people? You can track all this data here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=1216032789

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for managing the spreadsheet. Hopefully we get a big enough sample to compare our timelines

Ameer Algwafi

Star Member
May 15, 2011
SUDAN
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12- 2006
Doc's Request.
02-02- 2007
IELTS Request
07-01- 2009
Med's Request
16 -06 -2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
W
Passport Req..
16-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27 - 06 -2011 Alhamdellah
Guys
Good day
Thank you for initiative...........we should create a table to track our applications and consequences

July 4 for me............

One question
I am applying July 4as family adult and three kids under 14
Just need help with this:Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification
They need one with a photo
I can send health insurance as No. 1
I am planning to send extra copy of PR ...because it contains a photo ....
Please help ....suggestions. Any one send a PR???

Ameer

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sent my application with Purolator. It cost about 30$ for the 1-day delivery option with signature required. I will post here when I get news.

Reactions: JJS

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys
Good day
Thank you for initiative...........we should create a table to track our applications and consequences

July 4 for me............

One question
I am applying July 4as family adult and three kids under 14
Just need help with this:Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification
They need one with a photo
I can send health insurance as No. 1
I am planning to send extra copy of PR ...because it contains a photo ....
Please help ....suggestions. Any one send a PR???

Ameer
I think only one piece of ID needs to have photo. I would rather send any other ID without photo, rather than replicating PR

Reactions: Ameer Algwafi

PB#

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi

I have a question on name change or dropping a part of given name.

My name is AAAA Kumar BBBB. Its a Indian name and is kind of middle name but when i moved to canada it became part of my given name because my indian passport has AAAA Kumar as given name.

I got my citizenship certificate on this name i.e AAAA Kumar BBBB. My provincial driving licence has AAAA BBBB and other documents have AAAA Kumar BBBB.

Now i want to apply canadian passport, My preference for name is AAAA BBBB and drop Kumar from it, should i apply with AAAA Kumar BBBB or AAAA BBBB. I have driving licence to prove i use AAAA BBBB as my name.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/name-change.asp

As per the link above, would it be considered a legal name change or just dropping a given name.

Thank you in advance everyone.

Ameer Algwafi

Star Member
May 15, 2011
SUDAN
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12- 2006
Doc's Request.
02-02- 2007
IELTS Request
07-01- 2009
Med's Request
16 -06 -2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
W
Passport Req..
16-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27 - 06 -2011 Alhamdellah
I think only one piece of ID needs to have photo. I would rather send any other ID without photo, rather than replicating PR
Thanks Katayoon
But still they said two......
Lets assume one health card for a kid below 14 certainly no photo...
The question is what the second identification proof which contain a photo....the available options are either the PR or passport (my kids passport expired since 2014)....I need practical suggestions....
Thanks again
Ameer

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Katayoon
The question is what the second identification proof which contain a photo....the available options are either the PR or passport (my kids passport expired since 2014)....I need practical suggestions....
Thanks again
Ameer
OK sorry I did not know that minor health cards do not have photos on them (I assumed they do like for adults)...

Reactions: Ameer Algwafi

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks Katayoon
Thanks again
Ameer
Can you get him a provincial ID? That is just like a photo ID issued by govt. Also health card can be one of the ID's and here in my province health cards don't carry photos. Unless school has issued them some kind of ID's, going with a provincial photo ID is a safe option.