+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 applications from Pakistan

asadzady1998

Aug 12, 2017
I applied through the paper application forms on 29th May 2017, from Karachi, for BBA from the Schulich School of Business - York University, beginning this September.

I took an upfront medical test but still got an email on 10th July from the Abu Dhabi visa office to take my test in the next 30 days. I emailed them to resolved the problem and on 19th July I passed my medical.

After that, there has been no update on my application and I'm still waiting.

Here's the status on the website:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
So it's been almost 12 weeks now and I'm still waiting for a reply. They're still on my background checks, and that's what the Abu Dhabi Embassy replied with when I filled the web form on the CIC website.

Also, is it normal to have "we don't need your fingerprints" if you've applied through paper? Because my biometrics were done and sent by the VAC with the application.

Okay so I'm still waiting and there has been no reply. It has been over 13 weeks now. In my latest correspondence with the Abu Dhabi Visa Office, they just said that they will finalise my application as soon as possible, but they can't say exactly exactly when because background checks are done by outside agencies.

I'm not very optimistic that I would be able to go before my classes begin because of Eid Holidays. Does anyone know when they will be off for holidays and when they'll reopen?

te88nzok

Aug 8, 2017
Okay so I'm still waiting and there has been no reply. It has been over 13 weeks now. In my latest correspondence with the Abu Dhabi Visa Office, they just said that they will finalise my application as soon as possible, but they can't say exactly exactly when because background checks are done by outside agencies.

I'm not very optimistic that I would be able to go before my classes begin because of Eid Holidays. Does anyone know when they will be off for holidays and when they'll reopen?
How are you corresponding with the abu dhabi visa office? Is there an email id ?

sweetquartz6

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-july-13
Doc's Request.
nil
Nomination.....
27-march-14
AOR Received.
10-sept-14(e-cas status update: 15 sep)
IELTS Request
sent with package
File Transfer...
20-oct-14
Med's Request
19-nov-14
Med's Done....
18-Dec-14
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
16-01-15 (sent 24 jan 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
inshaALlah soon
LANDED..........
inshaALlah soon
Hi everyone,
I am a PR here in Canada.
My brother is going to apply for january intake. He is in the middle of his degree. Bcs 4th semester.
My question is, does that effect his visa processing by any chance?
Also, can he show the visa officer that my sister (myself) will take care of my expanses?

Usama_qasim

Aug 22, 2017
Hello
I am accepted to UBC engineering and filed my first application on 7th July from Pakistan online. However on 31st July was refused because.

1. I cannot finance my studies
2. Travel history
3. Family ties

I came to the conclusion that main reason for rejection was the financial reason as few thousand dollars were short in my fathers bank statement.
I don't have a travel history outside Pakistan yet but many people get approved even if they don't have one.
Now the tricky part is family ties, my sister is a PR in Canada (on spouse sponsorship ) I did provide my parents property documents.

On 9th August I reapplied because they provided me with a decision in 23 days before so I thought maybe I can get through with my 2nd application.
I paid my full year tuition fee and attached those receipts ( had $6000 scholarship) that was around $44,000 and showed around $17,000 in my father's bank statement along with his sponsorship letter. I also included my family registration certificate and birth certificate to further improve my family ties point aswell as included my father's business and tax documents. Previously I didn't add my O and Alevel certificates I added those too in this application.
Now its already 31st August and my classes start on 5th September. My status has not changed since I applied. I did an upfront medical and provided biometrics on 15th August but nothing updated and tried contacting my respective visa office they just told me that they are having issues in uploading biometrics and that may result in longer processing times.
Now what are my chances and now that classes are about to start how will that impact my application.

Thank You

Usama_qasim

Aug 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am a PR here in Canada.
My brother is going to apply for january intake. He is in the middle of his degree. Bcs 4th semester.
My question is, does that effect his visa processing by any chance?
Also, can he show the visa officer that my sister (myself) will take care of my expanses?
If he has an acceptance letter from the university I don't think that's a problem however the financial part is somewhat tricky, as you are a PR and you are his sponsor that might reduce his family ties to Pakistan. Recently they rejected many applicants on this basis. But a strong SOP and your reason to sponsor him aswell as any proof of family ties to home country might get him through.
P.S how do you plan to pay for his expenses?

asadzady1998

Aug 12, 2017
Hi guys!

I finally got an update today. They have approved my application, although I haven't received my passport yet. Hopefully, of VAC Karachi is open tomorrow then I'll pick it or it'd be delayed till after Eid.
Hope everyone awaiting response gets theirs visas. :)

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hi guys!

I finally got an update today. They have approved my application, although I haven't received my passport yet. Hopefully, of VAC Karachi is open tomorrow then I'll pick it or it'd be delayed till after Eid.
how many weeks did it take?

Sophieimran

Jun 12, 2017
Cong
Hi guys!

Congratulations! Can you please tell me the time when your application was updated?

te88nzok

Aug 8, 2017
Is there anyone who didn't upload the study plan online or submitted it with the paper application, and got visa approval? Kindly tell. Thanks