+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 applications from Pakistan

ahd.insaf

Oct 9, 2016
I applied my application on 17 July, I got admission in dental care and administration at Confederation College, Thunder bay for September 2017 intake. I was really late for applying, as processing time is mentioned 54 days for Pakistan on the CIC website. I'm vworried, will my application be processed in due time as I applied about 45 days before the start of my classes? Please anyone share your experiences.

ahd.insaf

Oct 9, 2016
Hello all.
I got admission in University of Alberta. I have applied for student visa online on 20/07/2017 from Pakistan. I got my pre medicals and biometrics done. I will share my latest application status here.
If there is anyone else who has applied from Pakistan during the same period, plz share their timeline/ status and discuss issues if any.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Completed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Bro where have you received this detailed message from? I have only recieved SMS and an email and whenever I track my application that your passport has been forwarded to Canadian embassy on 18/7/17 and your application is being processed.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Bro where have you received this detailed message from? I have only recieved SMS and an email and whenever I track my application that your passport has been forwarded to Canadian embassy on 18/7/17 and your application is being processed.

This message appears when you apply online for student visa. Jus login to your online application a/c and check.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I applied my application on 17 July, I got admission in dental care and administration at Confederation College, Thunder bay for September 2017 intake. I was really late for applying, as processing time is mentioned 54 days for Pakistan on the CIC website. I'm vworried, will my application be processed in due time as I applied about 45 days before the start of my classes? Please anyone share your experiences.

ask the university where u got admission if they can consider you for next intake in case yr visa is delayed

ahd.insaf

Oct 9, 2016
ask the university where u got admission if they can consider you for next intake in case yr visa is delayed
Oh okay. I applied paper based. Unfortunately, this course only takes September intakes and I can't take it next year.

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
Hello, thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on your visa approval.

That's a pretty long timeline though. Did u apply in jan 2017 for sept 2017 intake? Also u said u "passed Medicals". Is there any status update after you submit you application? Coz though I did my pre Medicals before I submitted my application online and uploaded the emedical form that I received from the doctor along with my online application as a proof of my medical exam, my application status after online submission says " you don not need medical exam. We will let you know of this changes"
Did this happen in you case as well?
And how long it took for the background check status to change?
I applied for Summer Semester in January hoping to get the visa in 4 months but due to slow processing I only got my medical request in June. I deferred my admission to Fall 2017 as a result. I got a new offer letter a few weeks later. I also did not link my account online as my application was paper based and I had no data to link my application online. It was only after the medical request I received in early June that I was able to link my application online as the medical request form also had my UCI and my application number. I checked in July that I had passed the medical exam and they were processing my background check. Background checks takes 4-5 weeks to complete. Have you submitted your passport or waiting for passport request?

exd

Feb 5, 2016
I believe that for all Pakistani national the situation is same, they take too much time in background check etc
I applied from Sweden online on 12 June Vfs London and got Passport request on 2nd August, although the timeline from Nordic country is not more than 3 weeks but it took me 7+ weeks to get decision

All the best mates

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
hi guys,

can some one plz send me a link for the process of applying for a study permit from Pakistan, im in Canada but i have a frnd who wants to know the steps to apply from pakistan as an international student. is there an age limit or educational requirement?

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
hi guys,

can some one plz send me a link for the process of applying for a study permit from Pakistan, im in Canada but i have a frnd who wants to know the steps to apply from pakistan as an international student. is there an age limit or educational requirement?
Visa officers do check previous education completed along with program of study the candidate has applied. There is no age limit if the gap in the years of study can be justified. Otherwise there is a high chance of rejection.

Aug 3, 2017
Applied on 3rd july
Paper based
Linked profile on 13tg july
Got medical request on 15th july
Submitted medical on 24th
Medical passed on 27th
And currently status shows application is in progress!!
Any idea about the time they take after medical..
Applied for UOR!
BS software engineering!

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Did you habe
I applied for Summer Semester in January hoping to get the visa in 4 months but due to slow processing I only got my medical request in June. I deferred my admission to Fall 2017 as a result. I got a new offer letter a few weeks later. I also did not link my account online as my application was paper based and I had no data to link my application online. It was only after the medical request I received in early June that I was able to link my application online as the medical request form also had my UCI and my application number. I checked in July that I had passed the medical exam and they were processing my background check. Background checks takes 4-5 weeks to complete. Have you submitted your passport or waiting for passport request?
did you have to submit the updated offer letter to them?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Visa officers do check previous education completed along with program of study the candidate has applied. There is no age limit if the gap in the years of study can be justified. Otherwise there is a high chance of rejection.

thanks for the info,, but where do we start i mean how do we apply to colleges or unis in diff provinces? i believe u have to get acceptance letter from the insinuation in order to apply for study permit

ahd.insaf

Oct 9, 2016

Kindly tell me anyone, what does linking your application mean? I also applied paper based. Do I have to link my application online somehow? Please tell me

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
Kindly tell me anyone, what does linking your application mean? I also applied paper based. Do I have to link my application online somehow? Please tell me
If you have a copy of your application than you can link it online on CIC website. Its not necessary to link the application online but you can track your application progress.