+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JULY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS***

degenerasian

Sep 14, 2016
matias-ramel said:
good to know that i am not the only one who had this experience. when you called the CIC did they confirm to you that you were approved?
though we already received an emailing stating that they already received our paper in manila as of sept.7..
I was mistaken, I did get the approval email but it went to my consultant who will forward it to me. So I was approved Aug 23.
So I'm 2 weeks ahead of you. I bet you the Manila office is faster than Singapore office :)

grace1234567

Sep 13, 2016
Omegabyte said:
The only time you would have to leave Canada is if they needed to interview you.

After you're approved, and receive your CoPR/passport with PR visa, you'll either make a landing appointment in Canada, or "flagpole" at the border. Meaning you'll need to briefly go into the U.S, then re enter so CBSA can do the final processing on your PR, and apply for your PR card.
completely understand....
thanks..
hope no interview...
;) ;) ;)

grace1234567

Sep 13, 2016
preet_5771 said:
Yes i think you be alright till they dnt need you there.
I think they only make you leave canada when they ready to take decision so its only about leaving the country and entering again.
I mean you can just go and come back same day as well.
And please update when you get confirmation email as we all crossing fingers.
Hahahaah

ok, i will update my timeline here...
keep in touch.... ;) ;) ;) ;)

grace1234567

Sep 13, 2016
degenerasian said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum, glad I found it!
I am the same timeline as you, sponsoring my wife from Vietnam.

SPONSORSHIP
We received your application on July 4, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 21, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 20, 2016.
DECISION MADE

PERMANENT RESIDENCE
We received application for permanent residence on July 4, 2016.
We started processing application on August 23, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
IN PROCESS

So this means the application is now in Singapore but I haven't received an emails or letters.

I am in Calgary, if anyone is too, send me a message :)

I am in Calgary too.
My timeline is about one week later, but I have the same statue with you.
My case is now in HongKong but I am still waiting for the confirmation email.
;) ;) ;)

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone !

I am going to apply for Spousal Sponsorship for my wife (living in Canada) through Out-Land sponsorship program (Family sponsorship plan).

I have a question concerning police certificate required from Pakistan.

During my Permanent Residence process in which my wife was added as a "non-accompanying dependent", my wife got her Open Work Permit approved and came to Canada. During the end of my PR process, 4 months ago CIC requested for my wife's recent Police Certificate from Pakistan, which we applied and provided. My wife has not left Canada since then.

Now the question is while Sponsoring my spouse now, do I have to get a new Police Certificate for her ? (Even though we had it issued 4 months ago and my wife has not left Canada).

My PR application took 17 months and CIC only asked for my police certificate 1 time in the beginning of my application. This would seem that if you remain in Canada, then you don't need to get a new Police Certificate every 11-12 months.

Any thoughts on this mater, your guidance will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

- Subtain

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
preet_5771 said:
Hi omega,
Do you have any idea how long they take in average after file transfer.
I'm not sure how long it takes for Australia PR. Right now, US Outland PR is taking anywhere from a month to 6 months after it gets to Ottawa (VO for US Outland apps).

You might want to look and see if there's a forum post for your visa office.

Good luck!

maricarnico27

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 15, 2016
File Transfer...
September 7, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 12, 2016
grace1234567 said:
I am in Calgary too.
My timeline is about one week later, but I have the same statue with you.
My case is now in HongKong but I am still waiting for the confirmation email.
;) ;) ;)

Same here.. I didn't any email saying that i'm approved as a sponsor but last monday (2 days ago) I called the immigration and I asked them directly if I passed as a sponsor and they said yes tho they didn't email me yet. They said that my husband's pr application is in manila already and it means that i'm approved. They said that they will email me today and if i didn't receive any email i'll just give them a call. Hope this helps.

grace1234567

Sep 13, 2016
maricarnico27 said:
Same here.. I didn't any email saying that i'm approved as a sponsor but last monday (2 days ago) I called the immigration and I asked them directly if I passed as a sponsor and they said yes tho they didn't email me yet. They said that my husband's pr application is in manila already and it means that i'm approved. They said that they will email me today and if i didn't receive any email i'll just give them a call. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing.
We didn't call them, now I just hope to receive the conformation email from HongKong office.
Good luck to all of us.. :D

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
subtain said:
Hello everyone !

I am going to apply for Spousal Sponsorship for my wife (living in Canada) through Out-Land sponsorship program (Family sponsorship plan).

I have a question concerning police certificate required from Pakistan.

During my Permanent Residence process in which my wife was added as a "non-accompanying dependent", my wife got her Open Work Permit approved and came to Canada. During the end of my PR process, 4 months ago CIC requested for my wife's recent Police Certificate from Pakistan, which we applied and provided. My wife has not left Canada since then.

Now the question is while Sponsoring my spouse now, do I have to get a new Police Certificate for her ? (Even though we had it issued 4 months ago and my wife has not left Canada).

My PR application took 17 months and CIC only asked for my police certificate 1 time in the beginning of my application. This would seem that if you remain in Canada, then you don't need to get a new Police Certificate every 11-12 months.

Any thoughts on this mater, your guidance will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

- Subtain

Hi there,
Every country's police clearance is valid for certain time.i think you can provide same police clearance if its valid for six months.I did that for austrlia before.
I dnt think you need a new one.Just call them to find out more accurate info

Sweetpixie

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
None (Mycic background check - In progress 22-10-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR1 (10-08-2016) AOR2 (01-09-2016)
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM 09-12-16 - PPR 12-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-16
matias-ramel said:
good to know that i am not the only one who had this experience. when you called the CIC did they confirm to you that you were approved?
though we already received an emailing stating that they already received our paper in manila as of sept.7..
Hello! Yes, the person we spoke with confirmed that my hubby was approved already to sponsor me. :)
Did your ECAS changed to decision made (sponsor side) also? :)

maricarnico27

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 15, 2016
File Transfer...
September 7, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 12, 2016
Sweetpixie said:
Hello! Yes, the person we spoke with confirmed that my hubby was approved already to sponsor me. :)
Did your ECAS changed to decision made (sponsor side) also? :)

Same for us too. No email but the immigration officer that i spoke with said that i'm approved as a sponsor. They started processing my husband's application in manila on september 7 too..

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
LanaLanski said:
20 days? Should I be worried that I still have not received a AOR1 and its been 35 days for me. Should I do something?

Hey All!

I just wanted to add some new information. I still haven't received any thing with "AOR1" labelled on the paper. However, I did send a fax to the CPC-Mississauga informing them that I have not received anything, i require some support and that i really needed a document that contained my UCI code. That same day they e-mailed me a letter dated August 3rd stating that I am approved as a sponsor and my husband's application has been sent to Bucharest for processing this document also included my UCI code and application number.

I hope this information helps someone.

-Lana

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Omegabyte said:
I'm not sure how long it takes for Australia PR. Right now, US Outland PR is taking anywhere from a month to 6 months after it gets to Ottawa (VO for US Outland apps).

You might want to look and see if there's a forum post for your visa office.

Good luck!
Wow, does Ottawa really work that fast!? :eek:
Our PR application got to Ottawa on August 23rd, so been in process for 3 weeks now. Here's to hoping he will be able to move here for Christmas!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
PandaChan said:
Wow, does Ottawa really work that fast!? :eek:
Our PR application got to Ottawa on August 23rd, so been in process for 3 weeks now. Here's to hoping he will be able to move here for Christmas!
This summer they have been that fast. If you've submitted a good application without red flags, and submitted the FBI report and medical with your app, it seems to be going very quickly. Quickest I've seen was 1 month after AOR2. They weren't on MyCIC, so when they saw DM on ECAS, they almost panicked. 10 days later they received the CoPR.

Others have been in the 2-3 month range.

Good luck!!

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
Omegabyte said:
This summer they have been that fast. If you've submitted a good application without red flags, and submitted the FBI report and medical with your app, it seems to be going very quickly. Quickest I've seen was 1 month after AOR2. They weren't on MyCIC, so when they saw DM on ECAS, they almost panicked. 10 days later they received the CoPR.

Others have been in the 2-3 month range.

Good luck!!
Just jumping in... paying RPRF upfront also speeds things up, otherwise you have to wait for them to process it. They won't give DM until the RPRF is received and processed.