Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
How many people are still remained from July applicants? Do you know which step your application is? Have all of you been asked to provide additional information such as resume, supervisor name and etc?

gill0475

Nov 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Masters Stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
16-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
05-01-2017
Did Flagpolling yesterday at Rainbow Bridge. CSBA staff was really good and courteous. Finally the PR application process is complete. For anyone going to Rainbow Bridge I would suggest going at off-peak hours.

Timeline: (Inland-ON PNP)
Application received: 08 Jul 2015
AOR: 08 Oct 2015
Medical Request: 24 Apr 2016
PPR Request: 16 Dec 2016
Passport received: 04 Jan 2017
Landed: 05 Jan 2017

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
Hi Everybody,

I would like to share my flag poling experience yesterday Jan 11, 2017. We arrive at around 10:30 and finished approximately half an hour (it would be faster if we are not walking or we know which door to enter). At the US border, no one stopped us and we went directly inside (had trouble looking for the door) and immediately went in line. After few minutes we were called and asked what is our purpose. We said flagpoling. The officer took our passport and no other questions asked after that. After few minutes, he gave us the refusal paper (the term refusal may sound harsh but I have B1/B2 visa, and this is actually the procedure with the reason "flagpole"). He instructed us to go back to the Canada border and no one accompany us to the Canada border. We walked again and looked for the lane or the door for pedestrian. At the counter (Canada border), She asked for the purpose and took our passport. Few questions asked like "Did someone give you a gift while you were in the US?", "Did you buy something from the thrift store?", "Did you bring any agricultural products, fruits, vegetable, poultry, meat etc?" and others. It took less than 2 minutes. Then we went inside for the landing. The officer asked for our CoPR and passport. She asked some few questions, like "Have you ever been convicted to any crime inside or outside Canada?", "How much money do you have in your account?" Etc...

I know that we should bring valid Work Permit, visa, ID's, Passport and CoPR. Guess what, What they actually needed from us are Passports and CoPRs. They did not asked for my work permit, any other ID's, they did not even open my bag (which I know they have scanners so they know that what inside are just papers). I would also like to remind you that every person had different experience at the border. Some were asked for work permit, bank details, residential addresses, blah blah. But our experience was quick, less complicated and no drama. :) Good luck for those who are waiting. I know the long wait is killing you but it is worth the wait. God bless us!

AmKh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27th, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
could you please share your timeline?

AmKh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27th, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting

supercow

Nov 10, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I need your help.
Do I need to fill Annex A for my wife? or I just need to fill it for myself?

Thanks,

Jul 12, 2013
Do you know what caused the delay in your application? Is your background check complete and security section passed? I'm august 10 applicant, and according to my recent GSMC notes my background is still in progress and security not started.
Does anyone know what is the longest the background check can take? Has anyone waited for more than two years?

AmKh said:
How many people are still remained from July applicants? Do you know which step your application is? Have all of you been asked to provide additional information such as resume, supervisor name and etc?

morena34

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Gloryintoronto said:
Do you know what caused the delay in your application? Is your background check complete and security section passed? I'm august 10 applicant, and according to my recent GSMC notes my background is still in progress and security not started.
Does anyone know what is the longest the background check can take? Has anyone waited for more than two years?

My background check is still in progress based on MyCIC profile ! I don't what they are doing! :(

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
morena34 said:
My background check is still in progress based on MyCIC profile ! I don't what they are doing! :(

Gloryintoronto, have you been asked to provide your resume and name of supervisor?
I believe we have been "randomly" chosen for security screening. It shouldn't take more than an extra 6 months delay.

Jul 12, 2013
elnazdel said:
Gloryintoronto, have you been asked to provide your resume and name of supervisor?
I believe we have been "randomly" chosen for security screening. It shouldn't take more than an extra 6 months delay.
Elnazdel no they did not asked anything. There is no any changes in my application since the summer last year. Extra 6 months means until June. Hopefully, we will hear something from them by June.

AmKh

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27th, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
November 3rd, 2015
Med's Request
April 29th, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Gloryintoronto said:
The delay mainly is due to security check. The thing is they have to verify every info with local authorities in different countries. This process varies between different countries. Its one hell of a frustrating wait for sure

Jul 12, 2013
morena34 said:
So I guess your security is not passed, right? As AmKh pointed out it is probably due to the security check that they delayed our applications.

Jul 12, 2013
AmKh said:
The delay mainly is due to security check. The thing is they have to verify every info with local authorities in different countries. This process varies between different countries. Its one hell of a frustrating wait for sure
I just hope it is not going to take another one or two years and they will make a decision on our applications in a few months.

Stvan

Mar 16, 2015
June 3 15 applicant here and still waiting.. my coworker applied dec 2015 got ppr end of dec.. i dont know what to think anymore..