+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2015 PNP CIC Applicants

Hope4Best2015

Dec 31, 2015
87arq said:
Hi Guys,

Rasan0201 has prepared this petition at Change.org

I encourage everybody who is waiting and everybody who has already got their PR to sign the petition. The more people we get to sign, the stronger the message will be.

Please, it takes only 1 minute to get it done.

Come on guys, let´s help all together.

Thank you.

==============

Greatly appreciate the enthusiasm by the members in this group. As mentioned previously by others, I am not criticizing the petition language. However, given the political nature of the issue, I have drafted below matter. I am wondering if a new petition can be created and voted for. We want to ensure our communication and request is backed by facts and not just our emotions.
----------------------------------
Meet 11 months service standard for paper-based PNP permanent residence applications

Honorable John McCallum
We are writing this petition with request to take action to meet 11 months service standard for paper-based PNP permanent residence applications.
Please note the below facts taken from IRCC website that provide indication for current delays and prospective future increase in processing times for paper-based PNP applications:
• From April 2015 to March 2016, the service standard of 11 months for paper-based PNP permanent residence application was met 42 percent of the time. 80 percent of applications were processed in 17 months or less. IRCC’s goal is to process 80 percent of applications within 11 months. IRCC has not been meeting this service standard.
• From April 2015 to March 2016, the service standard of 6 months for federal skilled worker express entry based permanent residence application was met 97 percent of the time. IRCC’s goal is to process 80 percent of the applications within 6 months. IRCC has been exceeding this service standard.
• For 2016, Federal Economic – High Skilled has a target of 58,400 with 244 FTEs working on these applications. Based on the open data from IRCC the express entry permanent residence applications have been processed in 5 months.
• For 2016, Provincial Nominee has a target of 47,800 with 57 FTEs working on these applications. Comparing with express entry staffing and processing time, with current delays and this level of resourcing the processing time for paper-based PNP application is on track to be 20 months.
• In past, IRCC has experienced similar increase in processing times for paper-based Canadian Experience Class permanent residence applications i.e. from 11 months to 21 months.

Our sincere request to you is to consider the aforementioned facts, use your sound judgement and take actions to rectify the issue. We greatly respect and appreciate your effort for refugees and programs such as express entry that align economic immigration with Canada’s needs and outlook. We would like to draw your attention that paper-based PNP permanent residence applicants with jobs in Canada align and/or exceed the benefits expected from an express entry federal skilled worker applicant. Please take a second look at the processing times for paper-based PNP permanent residence applications.

Sincerely,
Paper-based PNP Permanent Residence Applicants

Dandan88

Star Member
May 29, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 25, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 15 2016
Nomination.....
Aug 22 2015
AOR Received.
January 12, 2016
Med's Request
June 30, 2016
Med's Done....
July 13, 2016
Interview........
DECISION MADE: Dec 9, 2016
Passport Req..
December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 17, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2, 2017

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
Dandan88 said:
https://www.change.org/p/john-mccallum-drop-the-cic-processing-times-on-economic-application-to?recruiter=596833895&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

jassi2427

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2015
Nomination.....
15-May-2015
AOR Received.
02-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
28-APR-2016
Passport Req..
21-OCT-2016
https://www.change.org/p/the-honourable-john-mccallum-drop-cic-processing-times-on-economic-applications?recruiter=597119915&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Prayag

Sep 25, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am a July 27, 2015 applicant, my background check started on Sep 2, 2016. I just got my GCMS notes and the last comment on it is: “FOSS NAI. PA does not have valid status in Canada WP EXT is in Progress. Received requested Schedule A and PPT. All PC’s on file. Criminality passed. No documents needed at this time.”

I had to leave the country because my visa was expiring and I did not have my AOR then and I applied for an open work permit instead of closed and got rejected (Didn’t know at that time), then after that I applied for restoration of status where CIC took about 9 Months to process when it should have been done in about 4 to 5 months. My company could not wait for so long and withdrew my job offer on the 8th month so obviously restoration also got rejected and I had to leave.

Will I not being in Canada affect the decision on my PR application? Or Should I start applying for EE?

Category........: AINP
Visa Office......: Sydney
App Filed: July 27, 2015
AOR Received: Nov 4, 2015
Med's Request: Apr 30, 2016
Passport Req..: still waiting
VISA ISSUED...: still waiting

braveheart4life

May 19, 2016
Prayag said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a July 27, 2015 applicant, my background check started on Sep 2, 2016. I just got my GCMS notes and the last comment on it is: “FOSS NAI. PA does not have valid status in Canada WP EXT is in Progress. Received requested Schedule A and PPT. All PC’s on file. Criminality passed. No documents needed at this time.”

I had to leave the country because my visa was expiring and I did not have my AOR then and I applied for an open work permit instead of closed and got rejected (Didn’t know at that time), then after that I applied for restoration of status where CIC took about 9 Months to process when it should have been done in about 4 to 5 months. My company could not wait for so long and withdrew my job offer on the 8th month so obviously restoration also got rejected and I had to leave.

Will I not being in Canada affect the decision on my PR application? Or Should I start applying for EE?

My friend i believe your Nomination certificate should have expired by now but if it hasn't, you should renew it. You should also totally apply for EE because it is independent of PNP.
You could come back to Canada on a study permit if you are willing to take a program in a post secondary institution but it is really expensive. That way though, you could transition to a post graduate work permit if you haven't got one in the past.
Third option is the LMIA. Chances are slim with that, but it is worth a try with your former employer or any other company.
With any work permit, you could reinstate your PNP application but who knows, your current application just might be approved.

Good luck!

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Hi Prayag!

U dont have to worry u will get PR since u got out of status because of your work permit application got refused. U can get ur Pr very soon its just slow. Ull get it even u went home. With regards to work permit u have nomination? Is it based on PNP ur PR application? If yes u can renew ur nomination and have to reapply asap. So that they will see that u have application on process for work permit. So far i have few friends that been in ur situation but God is good they got Pr. Communicate with ur employer who give ur nomination if ever and try to get compliance fee and renew ur nomination.
Under Provincial nomination. Good luck!

Prayag said:
Hello Everyone,

mdh

Aug 3, 2014
ab
File Transfer...
-
MM3:

Have you heard anything from cic?
Any new docs requested?
hows your background check status?

mdh

Aug 3, 2014
ab
File Transfer...
-
Hey community, hope someone can help me...

I have a doubt:

CIC request my schedule A and medicals while I was under Restoration Status, this happen in april 2016 (schedule A) & medicals done in May, 2016.

Took 4 months to get the approval of my new work permit (under a job offer with my employer), I never left canada, I only wait on a looong vacation (didnt work as I wasnt allowed just spent my savings).

When I got new work permit by 1st week of August 2016 I sent it to CIC online through the "CASE ENQUIRY page...."

I only received the automatic reply from cic that they received my documents.

They havent request a new Schedule A or any other document, pretty much I havent heard anything from CIC after medicals received on May according to ECAS.

You guys think I might have problems for being under restoration while this happen or I can get denied for not having a valid work permit in that moment?

SHould I sent a new Schedule A or should I wait until they requested to me if they need it?

I am lost, frustrated and dont know how the hell I just start thinking about this.

thank you

Nehabhogal

Mar 14, 2015
mdh said:
Hey community, hope someone can help me...

I have a doubt:

CIC request my schedule A and medicals while I was under Restoration Status, this happen in april 2016 (schedule A) & medicals done in May, 2016.

Took 4 months to get the approval of my new work permit (under a job offer with my employer), I never left canada, I only wait on a looong vacation (didnt work as I wasnt allowed just spent my savings).

When I got new work permit by 1st week of August 2016 I sent it to CIC online through the "CASE ENQUIRY page...."

I only received the automatic reply from cic that they received my documents.

They havent request a new Schedule A or any other document, pretty much I havent heard anything from CIC after medicals received on May according to ECAS.

You guys think I might have problems for being under restoration while this happen or I can get denied for not having a valid work permit in that moment?

SHould I sent a new Schedule A or should I wait until they requested to me if they need it?

I am lost, frustrated and dont know how the hell I just start thinking about this.

thank you
Hey mdh,
It happened to me twice that I sent my documents and gotta automatic reply of delivered. So I sent my documents with case specific enquire and courier it too, last time they got delivered and I got a reply from them. If they need a new schedule A they will ask but as per other document just courier as well so they don't push your file back

Prayag

Sep 25, 2015
Thanks a lot MM3 hoping to get my PR soon. I do not think I can renew my nomination now because I think you can only renew it before it expires and it expired last year after I applied for my PR.

MM3 said:
Hi Prayag!

U dont have to worry u will get PR since u got out of status because of your work permit application got refused. U can get ur Pr very soon its just slow. Ull get it even u went home. With regards to work permit u have nomination? Is it based on PNP ur PR application? If yes u can renew ur nomination and have to reapply asap. So that they will see that u have application on process for work permit. So far i have few friends that been in ur situation but God is good they got Pr. Communicate with ur employer who give ur nomination if ever and try to get compliance fee and renew ur nomination.
Under Provincial nomination. Good luck!

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Prayag, yes u can renew it any time if u need it. Thats for sure. Call ur immigration pnp office they will help u out.

Prayag said:
Thanks a lot MM3 hoping to get my PR soon. I do not think I can renew my nomination now because I think you can only renew it before it expires and it expired last year after I applied for my PR.

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Prayag,

I forgot to ask u, did immigration sent u letter that saying u have to go home bcoz of refusal? From my friends that i have witness and experience same as urs they didn't go home they stayed till the pr comes out. But no work for them. They even aaplied for another one but before it came the pr came out already. Just pray that everything works well on ur side. God bless!

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Hi MDH!

From the very beginning of my application they didnt request anything just the completion of my medical last may and up to now nothing.

mdh said:
MM3:

Have you heard anything from cic?
Any new docs requested?
hows your background check status?

mdh

Aug 3, 2014
ab
File Transfer...
-
MM3 said:
Hi MDH!

From the very beginning of my application they didnt request anything just the completion of my medical last may and up to now nothing.
Ok thank you!

Hope they start moving forward fast