Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Mariac819 said:
They did answer my address change email lol.. Ill give them that much.

Wow!they must really like you! ;D

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
KarlR said:
Wow!they must really like you! ;D
Took them 7 days to say "your new address has been updated"

It took someone else less than 24 hours to get the same answer back. I really think it all depends on how busy they are.

I need to send an email for phone number change now. Lets see how long that takes LOL

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Mariac819 said:
Took them 7 days to say "your new address has been updated"

It took someone else less than 24 hours to get the same answer back. I really think it all depends on how busy they are.

I need to send an email for phone number change now. Lets see how long that takes LOL
I emailed last week in regards to my husbands address being wrong AGAIN. Maybe they will respond this time. They didn't two other times.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
I emailed last week in regards to my husbands address being wrong AGAIN. Maybe they will respond this time. They didn't two other times.
Did you get an automatic acknowledgment email? It looks something like this.... I got this first and then 7 days later I got an actual response that my address had been successfully changed. It took another few days to appear changed on ECAS.

This is an automatic acknowledgement of your e-mail addressed to the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O).

This email address is intended for case specific enquiries only
If you do not have a file in process with our services, please consult our Website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp> for all general inquiries.

This office is responsible for the processing of:
* Temporary resident visa (TRV) applications submitted by mail from applicants located in Canada and for the online submission of TRV for applicants located in North America;
* Permanent Resident (PR) applications from applicants located in Canada and for applicants located in North America.
If this is a request for case specific information the responsibility placed on us by the Privacy Act to protect all personal information precludes us from responding using e-mail unless we are able to verify that you are entitled/authorized to receive the case specific information.
If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail. If you have applied within the last eight to ten weeks, we will not be responding to your enquiry - please ensure adequate time has passed before making an enquiry. Please note that there are no same-day or walk-in services available at our office.
If you are the applicant you must provide us with your:
Surname (Last name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Given name(s) (First name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number; and
Application number (V#, F#, EP#, E#, B#).
If you are a person to whom we are authorized to release information (written consent on the immigration file) you must provide us with the same information pertaining to your client.

**If you do not provide us with this information, we will be unable to process your request**

Please note

* Citizenship and Immigration Canada can only communicate with you in one of our two (2) official languages: English or French.
* E-mail is not a secure channel of communication. CIC is not liable for the unauthorized disclosure of personal information to or the misuse of that information by a third party where we took reasonable means to verify the identity of the party.

Service Standards

We will respond to case specific enquiries by e-mail within 20 working days. Please note that we will not respond to e-mails concerning the following:
* Requests to expedite processing of cases;
* Processing of Permanent Resident Cards;
* Processing of Citizenship applications;
* Information about visiting, living, working or studying in Canada (please consult www.cic.gc.ca<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>);
* Requests for a confirmation of receipt of documents provided.

For More Information

For more information about CIC, please visit one of the following sites.
* General information - visit www.cic.gc.ca<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>;
* For a list of visa offices - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp;
* Application forms - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp;
* Permanent Resident Card - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp;
* Sponsor your family - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp;
* Immigrating to Canada - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp;
* Refugees - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/index.asp;
* Citizenship - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp;
* For the Call Centre - visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp>;
* Announcements/News Releases - visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/index.asp.
For on-line services provided by CIC such as a change of address or to check your application status, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp>.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada &amp; RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Yes I did. All three times I emailed them lol
I'll be calling later this week.

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey everyone, I called CIC today and apparently my application is in process at CIC Ottawa and the lady on the phone said if I hear nothing before June 12th to call them back. Apparently I have no issues in my application at this time. It was the first useful call representative I have had in a long time! Hopefully others will have good luck with them! The annoying thing is that when I check online I only see application received still... So I always get worried. Anyways, good luck all! :)

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
Quick question, when the VO sends PPR, do they email or courier mail it to the sponsor? Applicant? Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PhantomUser said:
Quick question, when the VO sends PPR, do they email or courier mail it to the sponsor? Applicant? Thanks
all information regarding the applicant's application will go to the APPLICANT, not the sponsor (unless the sponsor was appointed as representative). Generally, PPR comes in email. Keep in mind that some visa offices have been sending the DM letter (which arrives by mail only) with PPR instructions, so it will really depend on your visa office. if the applicant is visa exempt, there is a chance they will be waived ppr and they will just receive their approval paper in the mail.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada &amp; RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Tootarsh14 said:
Hey everyone, I called CIC today and apparently my application is in process at CIC Ottawa and the lady on the phone said if I hear nothing before June 12th to call them back. Apparently I have no issues in my application at this time. It was the first useful call representative I have had in a long time! Hopefully others will have good luck with them! The annoying thing is that when I check online I only see application received still... So I always get worried. Anyways, good luck all! :)
When you call what do you say?

"hello I'd like to know about my application?"

Can the sponsor call on behalf of the applicant? Or do i have to make my hubby call lol

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just asked if there was any information on my application. Then I had to answer security questions. I am the sponsor and I got that info, so I don't know.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Tootarsh14 said:
I just asked if there was any information on my application. Then I had to answer security questions. I am the sponsor and I got that info, so I don't know.

Hi there that's good news!when did you send your application in?

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It was received July 24th 2014, :)

jonny_rotten

Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (applied to London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2014
File Transfer...
09-09-2014
Hi Tootarsh, Which number did you call? Where is your application?

Thanks

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just called 1-888-242-2100, extension 2110 (gets you on with person). Normally they don't say anything but she was helpful and told me things I can't see online, so overall it was awesome. My app is at CPC-Ottawa, sponsoring my American wife

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Does anyone know average times the application is listed as "in process" online before DM status is posted? thanks!