Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
It has been officially a month since Ottawa has had my extra proof I want to return to Canada and our RTRF. Still nothing.
US post said that it was delivered Dec 30th. But outside of that we have no idea what is going on.
:(
I'm so tired of seeing "application received"
I want to at least be able to book our trip back... or plan it in some way. No knowing any idea when we might get the DM is killing me!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
AshleyAnne said:
It has been officially a month since Ottawa has had my extra proof I want to return to Canada and our RTRF. Still nothing.
US post said that it was delivered Dec 30th. But outside of that we have no idea what is going on.
:(
I'm so tired of seeing "application received"
I want to at least be able to book our trip back... or plan it in some way. No knowing any idea when we might get the DM is killing me!
I have a feeling they dont touch the application again until after the deadline is up that they gave you to submit the evidence. Ours was early/mid March for the extra info so I doubt we will hear anything until April. Its very frustrating!

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Same here, I think ottawa is just a little slow at the moment too. I feel your pain! It should be over soon for you though so you should feel good :)

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Comparing with the timelines of April/May applicants, I was thinking that by now (since December actually) a lot of July cases would have been getting their DMs already. But it doesnt work that way I guess?

It is really frustrating to wait. I just submitted an application to start a 2nd degree this Fall and I'm really just crossing my fingers that my PR will arrive soon. International student fees are just too expensive!

Hippopotamus

Jan 19, 2015
im guessing i will get my pr in May or June since Ottawa have lost my police certificate which takes over 2 months to get from Canada.

yea waiting is sucks :'(

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
brucem said:
I have a feeling they dont touch the application again until after the deadline is up that they gave you to submit the evidence. Ours was early/mid March for the extra info so I doubt we will hear anything until April. Its very frustrating!
The deadline they gave us was actually January 18th. They only gave us 30 days to send the extra info and pay the fee. So we got it in by Dec 30th.
Still nothing :(
We were really hoping that we would hear SOMETHING around Jan 18th. Clearly not.

I wish Ottawa would get moving :(

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Today I passed the border and am now officially a permanent resident of Canada!

My wife drove me down to the Champlain port with the intention of spending a couple of hours in Plattsburgh and then going through the process on the way back, but at arrival at the border the guard on the US side insisted on us performing a U-Turn and heading back to the Canadian border to complete the process before we entered the US so we were turned around and entered the office at the Canadian port of entry, I handed my COPR and my passport and a yellow slip of paper given to us by the guard on the Canadian side to the guy at the desk, he asked me to sit and wait for 10 minutes before calling me up and asking me two questions (that are printed on the COPR) I answered those and then we both signed and dated both copies of the COPR and he handed my copy and my passport back and congratulated me on becoming a PR :D the whole process couldn't have been simpler! good luck to all the up and coming permanent residents!

Quick question to the UK ex-pats: Do I need to contact the UK Government to let them know I am no longer returning (for tax purposes or something) and who should I contact?

madmedic_1

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
15-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
TheJim said:

My wife drove me down to the Champlain port with the intention of spending a couple of hours in Plattsburgh and then going through the process on the way back, but at arrival at the border the guard on the US side insisted on us performing a U-Turn and heading back to the Canadian border to complete the process before we entered the US so we were turned around and entered the office at the Canadian port of entry, I handed my COPR and my passport and a yellow slip of paper given to us by the guard on the Canadian side to the guy at the desk, he asked me to sit and wait for 10 minutes before calling me up and asking me two questions (that are printed on the COPR) I answered those and then we both signed and dated both copies of the COPR and he handed my copy and my passport back and congratulated me on becoming a PR :D the whole process couldn't have been simpler! good luck to all the up and coming permanent residents!

Quick question to the UK ex-pats: Do I need to contact the UK Government to let them know I am no longer returning (for tax purposes or something) and who should I contact?
Congratulations...and welcome to Canada! I'll be doing the same for my wife in another week or so, glad to see things are fairly smooth at the border. :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
TheJim said:

Congratulations.Welcome to Canada.No you don't have to inform the Government that you have left. Just a thought ,if you have been a tax payer you may want to inquire about your pension. You can keep your stamp in good working standard and receive a pension from the British government when you retire at the going rate . If you don't keep your fees going you will receive a small pension regardless.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
AshleyAnne said:
The deadline they gave us was actually January 18th. They only gave us 30 days to send the extra info and pay the fee. So we got it in by Dec 30th.
Still nothing :(
We were really hoping that we would hear SOMETHING around Jan 18th. Clearly not.

I wish Ottawa would get moving :(
me too!! waiting waiting.....

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
August Ottawa applicant here, rooting for you July Ottawa applicants so they can finally get to August! ;D

It's been a pretty frustrating month I guess, seems like Ottawa has been stuck on applications for early July. What's going on?

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
No idea :(
Just know that the waiting is driving us nuts!
With how June had progressed we were sure we would hear something in January, but we didn't. So really hoping we hear something soon because I want to settle down with my hubby!

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
AshleyAnne said:
No idea :(
Just know that the waiting is driving us nuts!
With how June had progressed we were sure we would hear something in January, but we didn't. So really hoping we hear something soon because I want to settle down with my hubby!
There was a rumour of cuts happening. Has anyone been able to substantiate it?

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
ascouple said:
There was a rumour of cuts happening. Has anyone been able to substantiate it?
Really? Haven't heard about that yet.. Ugh.. Wish they were more accessible and transparent!