+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2014 OUTLAND APPLICATIONS!

alexji

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srfheat said:
Sorry to hear your news, Alexji. As a fellow July Outland applicant it has been really disappointing to read your updates today. I really hope you can find a way to resolve your situation and reunite your family in Canada. All the best.
thank you very much

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
alexji said:
after 90 of waiting for sponsorship approval.
this is what i got from CIC today.
i need advice please:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx and family (if applicable).

We have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reason(s):
• You have not submitted an application for a member of the family class. You did not declare the applicant to Citizenship and Immigration Canada on your own Application for Permanent Residence or at the time you became permanent resident of Canada. As such, you do not meet regulation 117(9)(d). Please refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations listed below for details.
• Given this ineligibility issue, we have not reviewed any other sponsorship criteria at this time. In the event the visa officer considers processing the application for permanent residence, he/she will notify this office and a full review of all sponsorship eligibility requirements will be done. You may be contacted for additional information should that occur.

You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. As such, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for consideration.

Your ineligibility to sponsor will be a significant factor in the assessment of the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s). A final decision regarding that application shall be made by a visa officer and will be communicated to you and your relative. Instructions regarding the Right to Appeal will be issued as applicable by the visa office. Please note that the Right to Appeal may only be exercised after the visa officer has rendered a final decision.
------------------------------

i became a permanent resident in may 2013
i got married in February 2013
Did you advise CIC when you got married? (change in marital status on application)? Your application should have had your spouse on it, that would make your spouse part of the family class. If your spouse was not on the application, then you can not sponsor under the family class. The same is true for any dependent children.

As far as I can tell ( I am not an immigration lawyer, so please keep that in mind), you need to wait for the application to continue (because "You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. As such, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for consideration)." If the decision is not an approval, then you can appeal your application to sponsor.

Here is a case of appeal that won, that is similar to yours, as long as you can proved that you informed immigration of the change in your marital status:
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2013/2013canlii87223/2013canlii87223.html

Very disappointing news, I can appreciate. If I were you, I would be finding an immigration lawyer to advise you on what your options are and what steps you can take.

Best of luck.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
MrsHubby said:
Did you advise CIC when you got married? (change in marital status on application)? Your application should have had your spouse on it, that would make your spouse part of the family class. If your spouse was not on the application, then you can not sponsor under the family class. The same is true for any dependent children.

As far as I can tell ( I am not an immigration lawyer, so please keep that in mind), you need to wait for the application to continue (because "You indicated on your sponsorship application that you wish to continue with its processing regardless of any ineligibility. As such, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for consideration)." If the decision is not an approval, then you can appeal your application to sponsor.

Here is a case of appeal that won, that is similar to yours, as long as you can proved that you informed immigration of the change in your marital status:
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2013/2013canlii87223/2013canlii87223.html

Very disappointing news, I can appreciate. If I were you, I would be finding an immigration lawyer to advise you on what your options are and what steps you can take.

Best of luck.

MrsHubby , this op has a few threads going .When he landed he did not tell the immigration officer that he had got married .They didn't ask,so he never told.

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
So I know this is probably not really a great place to ask, but my husband and I figured we should just inquire and see if we get an answer. We applies in July and when he got his SA we got our UCI. Even with that UCI I can't seem to figure out how to check my application status. Can someone maybe shed some light on how to actually check? It's really confusing.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Celandrius said:
So I know this is probably not really a great place to ask, but my husband and I figured we should just inquire and see if we get an answer. We applies in July and when he got his SA we got our UCI. Even with that UCI I can't seem to figure out how to check my application status. Can someone maybe shed some light on how to actually check? It's really confusing.
[/quote

Did you have an application # included with it . If so use that using the applicants name DOB and where he or she was born .I received my UCI # in August and can log in using my hubbies info only .

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Celandrius said:
the SA letter has THE SPONSER'S UCI number. you both don't share this number, you share the file number. The applicant will receive their UCI number in any communication received from the visa office, and it's possible to not receive it until ppr. If you want to log on to ECAS using the UCI number in the SA letter, then you must use the SPONSER'S personal information, and your application will be linked to his. For a lot of people, the applicant can't sign in using their own information until the visa office starts processing the file. Depending when you got approval, it may take some time before you're actually able to log in.. there are some reports that it can take weeks or even months before it's available. not being able to sign into ECAS doesn't mean anything. Not all visa offices rely on it.

alexji

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it so sad that this kind of thing can hinder me and newly wedded wife and my 8 months old daughter from been together.
i still believe and have a strong faith that something can be done.
there should definitely a way out of this

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
alexji said:
it so sad that this kind of thing can hinder me and newly wedded wife and my 8 months old daughter from been together.
i still believe and have a strong faith that something can be done.
there should definitely a way out of this
I'm sorry for what happen to your application :(

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Our application status has been changed to IN PROCESS.
However it still doesn't show that my husband's medicals has been received.
AND.... a question: my husband has children from a previous marriage. His daughter is 18 (still in high school) and his son is 15. They are both in full custody of their mother. We did not get medicals done for them, nor police clearances, since the mom refused. Now we have received a request from the Paris VO to send the daughter's police clearance and a IMM 5669. Why do they still request this even though we have signed a declaration that we are aware of the fact that we can not sponsor them in the future? Any one had experience with this?
Thanks for your replies ;)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Antoinetee said:
Our application status has been changed to IN PROCESS.
However it still doesn't show that my husband's medicals has been received.
AND.... a question: my husband has children from a previous marriage. His daughter is 18 (still in high school) and his son is 15. They are both in full custody of their mother. We did not get medicals done for them, nor police clearances, since the mom refused. Now we have received a request from the Paris VO to send the daughter's police clearance and a IMM 5669. Why do they still request this even though we have signed a declaration that we are aware of the fact that we can not sponsor them in the future? Any one had experience with this?
Thanks for your replies ;)
Because he is still the biological father, if he where to sponsor in the future they need that information. Do not ask why, CIC is nosey they want to know everything and rightfully so. If you still have questions try calling them directly.

dt-tdot

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qawsdefr00 said:
congratulations!could you tell me when you update the new form ?
I sent it in via regular mail (no registered) the first week of September.

I called the call Centre 2x last week a day apart. The first person I spoke to, told me they don't have my updated form and to call back in a month. He also suggested that I resend the updated form to be sure. I called in the next day, I spoke with a nice lady and she said that if the call centre can't see that the form it doesn't mean they don't have it. It could just be the VO hasn't updated the system just yet.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
dt-tdot said:
I sent it in via regular mail (no registered) the first week of September.

I called the call Centre 2x last week a day apart. The first person I spoke to, told me they don't have my updated form and to call back in a month. He also suggested that I resend the updated form to be sure. I called in the next day, I spoke with a nice lady and she said that if the call centre can't see that the form it doesn't mean they don't have it. It could just be the VO hasn't updated the system just yet.
Glad it all got resolved for you, congrats!