+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI All ,

I sent my application today July 2nd ..and will be received on July 3rd at 10:30 AM

Single Application ..

Can someone send me the spreadsheet to add my timeline please

Good luck All

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
dandash said:
HI All ,

I sent my application today July 2nd ..and will be received on July 3rd at 10:30 AM

Single Application ..

Can someone send me the spreadsheet to add my timeline please

Good luck All
We don't have a spreadsheet for July (do we need one??). Did you by any chance use Purolator's next-day 10:30 am delivery service?

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's fine I thought we had one .. I used UPS next day service AM time.

grumpy121

Jun 18, 2014
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help with this question:
Does it hurt if include more than 4 years information (for work, addresses etc)? I know what is required is only 4 years, but i just want to make sure. My window is from September 2008 and I'm applying middle of this month.

Thanks

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
grumpy121 said:
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help with this question:
Does it hurt if include more than 4 years information (for work, addresses etc)? I know what is required is only 4 years, but i just want to make sure. My window is from September 2008 and I'm applying middle of this month.

Thanks
Do not include more information than what they require -- it's mentioned in the CIC tips/FAQs/videos, etc. Including more information could lead to more question marks, more animosity towards your application.

grumpy121

Jun 18, 2014
Empirical-Scientist said:
Do not include more information than what they require -- it's mentioned in the CIC tips/FAQs/videos, etc. Including more information could lead to more question marks, more animosity towards your application.
Thank you Empirical-Scientist!

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
Hello all, Naidu here,
I will start my application along with my wife on 23 july 2014 when she get eligible.we have a son who was born here.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
venkyshanky23 said:
Hello all, Naidu here,
I will start my application along with my wife on 23 july 2014 when she get eligible.we have a son who was born here.
Good luck! Make sure to read and re-read the guide as well as the instructions on each question on the application forms. They can get quite tricky :).

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
One more question here:
In the application form, it requires work records and/or education records.
I had coop in a company two years ago when i was in school. Should I contact with my previous coop company and get my work records? Does offer letter count?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
andyhuhero said:
One more question here:
In the application form, it requires work records and/or education records.
I had coop in a company two years ago when i was in school. Should I contact with my previous coop company and get my work records? Does offer letter count?
Offer letter does not prove you actually accepted the offer and worked. I suppose your school transcripts should show this; if not, your T4 or similar form.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ES,

Were my questions unusual or anything like that? Can you please try to answer them?

Question 1 ) Reading from other threads like us it seems there is an average gap of around 2 months between the date of application and the time it come in processing.
My question is how much is the average return time for an application for want of any missed/wrong information or missed document to be attached with application? Is it days or in months. What is the average return time for incomplete application?

Question 2 ) Is there any update on the website for "Received application on such and such date" or the first update on Ecas starts with "Processing Started on such and such date"? There was some confusion about this because some members in other threads have seen their received line gone and changed to processing.

Question 3 ) If there is a Application Received update line on the ecas, does that mean your application is complete in terms of information/document and good for going forward to processing or we should wait until we see the processing line on the ecas to satisfy that it will not come back as incomplete?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:
Hi ES,

Were my questions unusual or anything like that? Can you please try to answer them?

Question 1 ) Reading from other threads like us it seems there is an average gap of around 2 months between the date of application and the time it come in processing.
My question is how much is the average return time for an application for want of any missed/wrong information or missed document to be attached with application? Is it days or in months. What is the average return time for incomplete application?

Question 2 ) Is there any update on the website for "Received application on such and such date" or the first update on Ecas starts with "Processing Started on such and such date"? There was some confusion about this because some members in other threads have seen their received line gone and changed to processing.

Question 3 ) If there is a Application Received update line on the ecas, does that mean your application is complete in terms of information/document and good for going forward to processing or we should wait until we see the processing line on the ecas to satisfy that it will not come back as incomplete?
Your questions were not unusual. It's a time constraint :). here's my take:

1. I'm not sure about the average return time, but I've heard there is an additional 2-3 months of delay if all else is good. After that delay, processing resumes and you should expect another 2-3 months before test.

2. It's precarious. I wouldn't know. It happened during my PR application process (never trusted ECAS, just called CIC to get updates).

3. I don't know.