+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Munchenxx said:
Since you guys are preparing the docs, I would ask a quick question here:

For all the documents we need only provide photocopies,right? If yes, do we need to certify these photocopies as "TRUE COPY" by some certified oath guys? Or we just send CIC what we get from the copy machine?

Thanks a lot!
At the end of each section of the guide, it will show you the format of the requested document: "clear legible photocopy" or "original" (photos, fee payment, residence calculator printout, etc.).

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
At the end of each section of the guide, it will show you the format of the requested document: "clear legible photocopy" or "original" (photos, fee payment, residence calculator printout, etc.).
Thanks a lot, Scientist!:)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Alright. Canada Day is knocking... All July'ers are invited to partake in any discussion here. My only hope for this months is that no "July" version of the application form will be released.

Also, it occurred to me that it's better to print out the residence calculator summary + signature one day before, or on the day of, the submission -- the header contains the print date as well... Just makes it less suspicious I suppose.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright. Canada Day is knocking... All July'ers are invited to partake in any discussion here. My only hope for this months is that no "July" version of the application form will be released.

Also, it occurred to me that it's better to print out the residence calculator summary + signature one day before, or on the day of, the submission -- the header contains the print date as well... Just makes it less suspicious I suppose.
I don't believe the CIC would be that efficient to give a July version form adapted to C24,lol.

May all you guys have a smooth application and a prompt processing! :D

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Munchenxx said:
I don't believe the CIC would be that efficient to give a July version form adapted to C24,lol.

May all you guys have a smooth application and a prompt processing! :D
Thanks! But not necessarily C-24-compliant. Sometimes they implement minor changes (e.g. field coloring), so the version is upgraded. It happened with my PR application lol -- I was about to mail it and the next day I noticed a new form version :D. I had to fill it out again...

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi citizens-to-be,

This thread is for July 2014 applications. I'm due to submit mine July 20th with 1096 days of residence. Let's share our prep for submission and timelines here.

Good luck to all!
Hi,

Although technically, i am June applicant (I applied today) but lets wait together :)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
July'ers, before you mail your application and while you do your final review, make sure you check whether the May form located at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp hasn't changed to a July version -- CIC just changes stuff unexpectedly...

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll be applying on July 29th, if you guys hear anything about the C-24 please keep me posted. I keep reading the newspapers, forums & CIC daily but no news about it yet.

Good luck to you all with your paperwork.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
morzilla said:
I'll be applying on July 29th, if you guys hear anything about the C-24 please keep me posted. I keep reading the newspapers, forums & CIC daily but no news about it yet.

Good luck to you all with your paperwork.
Hopefully no changes until at least next year... We'll be posting updates here I suppose, so check back occasionally.

Any submitting this week?

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Scientist,

I want to know how you fill sections 3B and 3C of CIT002 form, let it blank or put N/A ? In my case, I don't want request a different name appear on certificate and I don't have any other names used in the past. So should I put N/A on all blanks of 3B and 3C. And what about section 5B if my mailing address is the same as my home address ? Thanks

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys

Sent my completed application on 28th June, 2014 by canada post express. Estimated date of receiving by CIC is 7th July, 2014.

Hoping all will go well :)
and wish all of you luck!

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi citizens-to-be,

This thread is for July 2014 applications. I'm due to submit mine July 20th with 1096 days of residence. Let's share our prep for submission and timelines here.

Good luck to all!
Dear Empirical Scientist, You mind if I call you ES than Empirical Scientist :), which is a little long to type it everytime.

I finished my 1096 days today however would file the application next week just to pad few days in the calculations ( I guess it is always nice to be safe than sorry)

Since I will be the July applicant, you will see me a lot in the forum.

Question 1 ) Reading from other threads like us it seems there is an average gap of around 2 months between the date of application and the time it come in processing.
My question is how much is the average return time for an application for want of any missed/wrong information or missed document to be attached with application? Is it days or in months. What is the average return time for incomplete application?

Question 2 ) Is there any update on the website for "Received application on such and such date" or the first update on Ecas starts with "Processing Started on such and such date"? There was some confusion about this because some members in other threads have seen their received line gone and changed to processing.

Question 3 ) If there is a Application Received update line on the ecas, does that mean your application is complete in terms of information/document and good for going forward to processing or we should wait until we see the processing line on the ecas to satisfy that it will not come back as incomplete?

Everyone is welcome to give their inputs. :D

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I landed in Canada my status was married. I applied for divorce here in Canada.
Since the application ask for Marital Status should I include my divorce papers (just in case)?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
morzilla said:
When I landed in Canada my status was married. I applied for divorce here in Canada.
Since the application ask for Marital Status should I include my divorce papers (just in case)?
Not sure. When I landed, I was single. Then I married. I checked 'Married', but I don't think any supporting docs (e.g. marriage certificate, or divorce order) are required. Seniors, could you please provide your thoughts?