24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
alyahmed said:
Reading all the posts from people who have already landed. Non of them mentioned anything about settlement of funds. CIC officers ask on the borders if you have any valuables that you want to declare before landing. my understanding is that you're allowed to declare valuables you own prior to landing and they will be tax free.
maybe he wants to explain that to you.
Proof of settlement funds is only required under FSW program, but not CEC.

lx0219

Sep 9, 2014
rewolf said:
Just now my ECAS status changed to

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

But I haven't received PPR email yet.
I think people receive PPR email first then get ECAS status changed.

so I get rejected?
That's normal. I got DM status before the PPR too.
Congrats!

ainpsw

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC request for spouse on 17-03-2015 (not submitted with file)
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP report submitted with the application
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Hi All
I received my copr on June 25 and called cic call center for an appointment with immigration officer in calgary to complete my landing process on June 26. I was told it would take 3 weeks to schedule an appointment. But I hAvent heard anything from calgary office yet. Is there anyone who requested for an appointment. .. please let me know how long it is going to take.

Thanks

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainpsw said:
Hi All
I received my copr on June 25 and called cic call center for an appointment with immigration officer in calgary to complete my landing process on June 26. I was told it would take 3 weeks to schedule an appointment. But I hAvent heard anything from calgary office yet. Is there anyone who requested for an appointment. .. please let me know how long it is going to take.

Thanks
I wast told crossing the boarder is much faster than waiting for an appointment at the cic office. why don't you try it

fhamdani

Oct 30, 2012
Horrible experience at the Rainbow Bridge border.

Got there at midnight. Left around 4:30 am. They told us we could not leave, worked at a snail's pace and were pretty rude when you talked to them.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fhamdani said:
Horrible experience at the Rainbow Bridge border.

Got there at midnight. Left around 4:30 am. They told us we could not leave, worked at a snail's pace and were pretty rude when you talked to them.
maybe the timing wast right or the officer wasn't in good mood

did the ask you if you have values to declare

thanks

d.revisited

Aug 14, 2014
ainpsw said:
Hi All

Thanks
Yes, when you call them for an appointment they say like that. I called them after getting CoPR on 10th Jul and then I got an email after a week with appointment letter from Etobicoke office.. And got appointment of 31st Jul...

theverma

May 7, 2012
d.revisited said:
Yes, when you call them for an appointment they say like that. I called them after getting CoPR on 10th Jul and then I got an email after a week with appointment letter from Etobicoke office.. And got appointment of 31st Jul...
I also called Call center on 10th July for an appointment with CIC Saskatoon office but haven't heard anything back since then. I am not sure if all CIC offices use the same mode (email) for communication regarding appointment. If anybody else has any experience with CIC appointment, please share.

Thanks,

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
ainpsw said:
Hi All

Thanks
Just go to the border buddy. It is very simple and you will be out of there in a matter of minutes. Just make sure you do not go on peak hours and check the border wait times online. Also, try to stick with less busy crossings. Also, make sure that the crossing you are going to does immigration services. It's better to call than to check online because sometimes a crossing does immigration but for some reason the website says otherwise. Hope it helps. Good luck.

ray_dave

Oct 14, 2014
Hello all

Recd my Ppr. My immigration lawyer says he has to include a cover letter with passport. And he keeps on delaying in sending it. Is it necessary? He won't tell me what it contains. I want my CoPR fast. But he's delaying it. Should I just send it directly? :-[

Thank you

rewolf

Aug 20, 2014
rewolf said:
Just now my ECAS status changed to

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

But I haven't received PPR email yet.
I think people receive PPR email first then get ECAS status changed.

so I get rejected?
I got PPR email just now. Thanks all.

hunter_dev

Apr 19, 2015
I got RPRF request on June 25, paid the same day and since then no news, in ECAS only two lines, received (28 July 2014) and started processing (22 June 2015) and that's it. No MR received, no PPR.

Is it worth try calling CIC or wait for full 12-13 months?

Usually people get PPR in 4-5 days after RPRF.

Chalin

Jun 8, 2015
Hi there,

We got the ready for visa email today. Our Timeline:

1. We received your app July 3 2014
2. We started your app on May 12, 2015
3. Meds received (somewhere between Apr 30 and May 15)

No ECAS status changed.

Ready for visa email June 22, 2015

Never asked for notes
-=-=-=-=-=-

what's better Canada post or UPS?

Thanks,

nrsaro

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Hi,

Got Ready for Visa mail on July 22.

As am applying from India, i cannot send the passports to Canada , what needs to be done to send them to Delhi, Would just sending a email work ? how long does it take for them to confirm, can someone with similar situvation advise.

Thanks in advance!

tw

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
Med's Request
19-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
21-Mar-2015 (RPRF Paid Upfront: 3-Apr-2015, Med's Reassessment Request: 29-Jan-2016, Med's Reassessment Done: 1-Feb-2016)
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016 (Passport Sent to Delhi VFS: 22-Feb-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
18-May-2016
nrsaro said:
Hi,

Got Ready for Visa mail on July 22.

As am applying from India, i cannot send the passports to Canada , what needs to be done to send them to Delhi, Would just sending a email work ? how long does it take for them to confirm, can someone with similar situvation advise.

Thanks in advance!
Nice... good to see some progress on July applications... eagerly waiting for my PPR!

You can reply back to CIC asking for a change in visa office to New Delhi - they should respond back within 1-3 weeks but I've seen it get delayed a lot... best would be to follow up with Delhi Consulate after 4-5 days of sending the email (this has helped a lot of guys as New Delhi Consulate has been flexible in helping complete the visa stamping).

Good luck. :)