+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hey guys...i got my gcms which i would like to share.. how can i convert pdf to text? any good software? i tried a few but they did not work :/
Use Adobe reader, right click on page, then select "recognize text using OCR", then you can copy/past the texts from pictures.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Here are my notes.. couldnt covert so had to type.

REGULATION: CEC-2013 I have analysed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and information contained in the file and make the following recommendations.

FOSS/GCMS Check: No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in Canada - No adverse info. Spouse appears to be residing abroad.

CIVIL STATUS: PA married - Spouse is accompanying
- PA Copy of passport on file: Yes
- Spouse/CL Copy of passport on file: Yes
- Copy of Marriage Certificate on file.

WORK EXPERIENCE
CEC qualifying period is from 25JUL2011 till 24JUL2014 Dates of authorized work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in skill level 0, A or B occupation: 23JUN2013 to Lock-in
Category of Work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: University According to Schedule 8: Work experience 1: 22JUL2013 to Lock-in, NOC 1254 selected, Full time SIEBEL DATA ANALYST with GE HEALTHCARE CANADA.
Employment letter dated 04JUN2014 confirms date of employment, position title and salary of $XXX/month.
LOE supporting docs do NOT appear to match lead statement and/or substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected.
Both T4 and NOA from 2013 showing reported earnings of $XXX.
Paystubs on file from 13JUL2013 till 11JUL2014.
LOE does not provide information regarding applicant's duties and functions within the company. Web-based search conducted - Online information verified.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Educational Background: PA appears to have Bachelor's Degree in Economics (University of Toronto), MBA in Management Information Systems (Institute of Business Administration - Karachi), and a post Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Humber College). I note that PA claims to work for GENERRAL ELECTRIC CANADA but LOE provided from Careeredge indicates he is employed through them on a full time paid internship with General Electric Healthcare Canada. T4 and NOA for 2014 to be requested.
Language: IELTS submitted - Applicant meets benchmark for work experience at this skill level: B.
Criminality: PA: -RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. Police Certificates - Pakistan: No reportable trace. Spouse: RCMP screening: "Blank". Police Certificates: -United Kingdom: -Pakistan: All required PCs received and there seems to be no A36 concerns evident.
Medicals: Valid results in GCMS. (performed pre-medical in March 2015)

Action: T4 and NOA for 2014 to be requested (got email on 14May2015 and already provided and receipt acknowledged).
RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

MY VIEWS:
I did check responsibilities online for my NOC code and my first 4 responsibilities on my letter were very much similar to the generic ones on their website, which i assume is the problem. I was working at GE through careeredge contract and mentioned GE Canada as my employer instead of Careeredge on the application form. The careeredge LOE does not have job responsibilities but GE Canada provided a separate letter of responsibilities along with NOC Code. I can get a new letter as I am still working at GE now as a permanent employee.
Should i update my job responsibilities and share the updated one with the CIC? I have already worked on a new set and can share here for seniors' feedback.

ainpsw

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC request for spouse on 17-03-2015 (not submitted with file)
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP report submitted with the application
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
ainpsw said:
Thanks and thank you all.
today I received email from calgary office, appointment scheduled for July 28. I hope everything goes smooth.
do I have to declare any funds and valuables? Please share your views/experiences...
Thanks
Today we had interview for landing at calgary office.

It was very simple and smooth and took about 10 minutes to complete the process.
Now we are permanent residents. Feeling great.
Thanks to the forum.
I wish good luck whoever waiting for the pr.

Thanks

xamagin

Jul 30, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Hi Eveyone.. Your views/opinions requested on my situation.. i applied unde CEC on 9Jul14 and have valid work ex from 25May10 to 9Dec11. I thought it falls "in the qualifying period"
and they accepted my application. After 1 whole year of wait it seems they are still checking the eligibility?
..Can you guys please advise

a) based on the ATIP notes below what is the probability of me getting through ?
b) would it make more sense to start preparing and file for Express entry instead now ?

Here are my notes result recvd y'day.

Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
APPLICATION: xxxxxxx REGULATION: CEC-2013 I have analysed this application based upon the
documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following
recommendation. FOSSIGCMS check: - No adverse info. Principal applicant does not hold valid status in
Canada. Spouse appears to be residing abroad; No previous travel history indicated in FOSS. CIVIL STATUS: -
PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying - PA Copy of passport on File: Yes. - Marriage certificate is on file -
SPOUSEICL Copy of passport on File: Yes. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: O9JUL2OII TO
08JUL2014 Dates of authorized work experience - within ‘Qualifying Period’ - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation:
I9JUL2OII TOIBJUL2OI3 Category of work permit: INTRA COMPANY TRANSFEREE Post-secondary studies in
Canada: None According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1: 26MAY2010 TO O9DEC2OII, NOC: 2172 selected,
Full time IT CONSULTANT with TCS CANADA. A T4 from 2011 show(s) reported earnings of $xxxK. No letter of
reference received. PA submitted other evidence. The PA does NOT have 1-year of skilled work experience in a
NOC 0, A or B occupation and therefore does NOT meet the requirements under the applicable regulation.
Web
based search conducted - Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: PAYSTUBS ON FILE LANGUAGE:
IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: A. CRIMINALITY: PA: -
RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - India: No reportable trace. SpouselCommon-Law: -
RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - India: No reportable trace. RECOMMENDATION:

REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Buddy...The comments do not look good....I am not sure about your situation...but seems like u have to act quickly to get the facts/documents/letters in place to prove that you have a valid expereince.....

Few things that I can think of....
1. Reference letter from your company....
2. Pay stubs
3. NOA
4. Anything else that proves your experience....

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
ABS_1382 said:
Buddy...The comments do not look good....I am not sure about your situation...but seems like u have to act quickly to get the facts/documents/letters in place to prove that you have a valid expereince.....

Few things that I can think of....
1. Reference letter from your company....
2. Pay stubs
3. NOA
4. Anything else that proves your experience....
No won't work. He doesn't have 1 year of qualifying experience in the 3 years before application submission. Not eligible for CEC - applying under EE won't work either. xamagin, try FSW.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mesumrizvi said:
Hi Zareef.. can you pls look at my GCMS notes above as well and provide your feedback.. thanks.
VO is not too happy with your LOE right? I know some members of this forum had sent updated LOEs without being requested (not recommended by CIC) and passed second review. "When" you're going to send one is really up to you, but sooner or later you'll have to send one with a detailed (vs generic) list of duties to convince the VO.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I got my job through Careeredge at GE Canada. Initially i provide LOE without any job description from Careeredge. The job description letter was from GE.
Now I got an updated LOE from Careeredge along with job description which were mentioned at the time of job posting. I can rephrase my job description from GE and sent it to CIC mentioning I am providing updated LOE with jd from Careeredge plus update JD from GE.
Do you think it is a good idea?

zareef said:
VO is not too happy with your LOE right? I know some members of this forum had sent updated LOEs without being requested (not recommended by CIC) and passed second review. "When" you're going to send one is really up to you, but sooner or later you'll have to send one with a detailed (vs generic) list of duties to convince the VO.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mesumrizvi said:
I got my job through Careeredge at GE Canada. Initially i provide LOE without any job description from Careeredge. The job description letter was from GE.
Now I got an updated LOE from Careeredge along with job description which were mentioned at the time of job posting. I can rephrase my job description from GE and sent it to CIC mentioning I am providing updated LOE with jd from Careeredge plus update JD from GE.
Do you think it is a good idea?
To clear the confusion? LOE from both would be a good idea. GE needs to clarify you were working for them through Careeredge. Both LOE should have similar list of duties.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
zareef said:
To clear the confusion? LOE from both would be a good idea. GE needs to clarify you were working for them through Careeredge. Both LOE should have similar list of duties.
The Careeredge LOE has 5-6 duties that were provided to them at the time of job posting, even their LOE says the JD was provided at the time of job posting. The GE LOE will have detailed JD incorporating the ones included in Careeredge letter. Will it work?

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mesumrizvi said:
The Careeredge LOE has 5-6 duties that were provided to them at the time of job posting, even their LOE says the JD was provided at the time of job posting. The GE LOE will have detailed JD incorporating the ones included in Careeredge letter. Will it work?
That's the best you can do right, and you're being honest - so the rest is up to the VO to figure out. VO can call your employers to try to understand your situation.

aceventura001

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-03-2014
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
August 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2015
LANDED..........
August 19, 2015
Looking for some help here.

I am a March 2014 applicant, still stuck in the queue.

I applied in March 2014. Received AOR in March 2014 itself. Recently ordered GCMS notes to find my file is stuck for review.

I worked in a NOC B category for the period July 2012 - September 2013, and then NOC A category from September 2013 - till date. While I submitted my most recent job experience (NOC A) letter in December 2014, will the CIC consider my latest job experience or the the one under which I applied? I had mentioned at the time of applying that I had completed six months with my present employer (NOC Code: 1112).

My previous employer (NOC B) is not very forthcoming in giving a detailed job description which has led to the issue.

Seniors please help with suggestions on steps I could take.

kand05

Mar 4, 2015
Got my passport back yesterday..

Thank you all for the replies and good luck for rest of them waiting

CHEERS