09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Congrats maisonderik! Have a blast!

I just spoke to my pal a while ago and looks like he completed his MR. He is a Sept applicant.

Going by the stats July folks should have started getting their RPRF's...unfortunately June ppl are still stuck in a limbo and nobody is sure when things will start moving...

soumyasam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Some of the June people are receiving RPRF requests! Anyone here has any news yet? I hope they get some July applicants covered this week. Fingers crossed.

Also, it seems like Passport Request/COPRs are following shortly after RPRF requests so I guess once you get your RPRF, the wait its kind of over. :)

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
maisonderik1 said:
Just completed landing!! Could you please update my status. Thanks again to everyone and the best of luck. I hope you all begin to see progress in the processing of your applications.

Cheers!!
Congrats buddy.. Can you share your experiences on landing process :)

maisonderik1

Aug 19, 2014
mahesh324 said:
Congrats buddy.. Can you share your experiences on landing process :)
Thanks!! As far as the landing process went it was pretty smooth. We crossed the border from Windsor. Of course the U.S. side was a little difficult in the beginning but in the end they ended up opening up a gate to allow us back on the bridge without having to loop around on the highway. Once we reached the Canadian side the agent at the booth asked us what we were doing and how long we were in the States for. We told he we were there for a total of 20 minutes. He then asked us where we are living. When I said Toronto, he asked why we would cross at Windsor and not Buffalo. I told him we wanted to go for a drive and experience a new Canadian city since we have been to Buffalo multiple times. He let us in and we went to the Immigration desk to hand over our COPR. The agent there asked us why we were crossing the border instead of landing Inland. I explained that we were given an option on the paper that accompanied our COPR and we opted to cross the border because it was a faster process (Inland usually takes 4-6 weeks to get an appointment). He asked to see the paper and photocopied it because he was surprised the CIC was giving ppl that option. After that everything went pretty smooth. All they asked for was our COPR and passports, at one point they asked about finances but since we lived in Canada already they didn't need a bank statement and just asked us verbally. He was also training another agent at the time so he was showing him how to do everything. So I'm confident everything will be processed smoothly. At the end he had us sign the COPR gave us our copy and shook our hands welcoming us to Canada. Oh, and they also ask if you have anything to declare. Additionally it should be noted that you do not need your PR Card to enter Canada if you are from a Visa Exempt Country. I asked him because he mentioned it could be a little wait for our cards and that I was going on vacation in July and my partner to Korea in August. He said it was fine and that our residency is tied to our passports now as well. So all they require is for you to have your passport and COPR at the time you enter. That pretty much sums up my experience, hope it sheds some light on the process!!

soumyasam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
maisonderik1 said:
Thanks!! As far as the landing process went it was pretty smooth. We crossed the border from Windsor. Of course the U.S. side was a little difficult in the beginning but in the end they ended up opening up a gate to allow us back on the bridge without having to loop around on the highway. Once we reached the Canadian side the agent at the booth asked us what we were doing and how long we were in the States for. We told he we were there for a total of 20 minutes. He then asked us where we are living. When I said Toronto, he asked why we would cross at Windsor and not Buffalo. I told him we wanted to go for a drive and experience a new Canadian city since we have been to Buffalo multiple times. He let us in and we went to the Immigration desk to hand over our COPR. The agent there asked us why we were crossing the border instead of landing Inland. I explained that we were given an option on the paper that accompanied our COPR and we opted to cross the border because it was a faster process (Inland usually takes 4-6 weeks to get an appointment). He asked to see the paper and photocopied it because he was surprised the CIC was giving ppl that option. After that everything went pretty smooth. All they asked for was our COPR and passports, at one point they asked about finances but since we lived in Canada already they didn't need a bank statement and just asked us verbally. He was also training another agent at the time so he was showing him how to do everything. So I'm confident everything will be processed smoothly. At the end he had us sign the COPR gave us our copy and shook our hands welcoming us to Canada. Oh, and they also ask if you have anything to declare. Additionally it should be noted that you do not need your PR Card to enter Canada if you are from a Visa Exempt Country. I asked him because he mentioned it could be a little wait for our cards and that I was going on vacation in July and my partner to Korea in August. He said it was fine and that our residency is tied to our passports now as well. So all they require is for you to have your passport and COPR at the time you enter. That pretty much sums up my experience, hope it sheds some light on the process!!
Hi Maisonderik 1,

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully we see some RPRFs next week. Wish us luck. :)

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Just called the CIC call center and guess what ??

They said they can't provide me any information since my file is under 12 months of processing time.

Not sure if this is something new or maybe the call centre agent wanted to get rid of me. :p

Well I guess it's a Friday so I guess even the agents are not in a mood to work!!

ChrisK

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
RPRF : 25-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
clark kent said:

They said they can't provide me any information since my file is under 12 months of processing time.

Not sure if this is something new or maybe the call centre agent wanted to get rid of me. :p

Well I guess it's a Friday so I guess even the agents are not in a mood to work!!
Their rule is different, agent by agent.
Call again and ask other agent. He/she might let you know something. :)

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hehe!! I am going home...sick of being at work!! Moreover it's a Friday...

I guess the same thoughts were floating in the mind of the Call Centre Agent... 8)

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maisonderik1 said:
]

I just have question if you don't mind

why would the agent ask you about finance? hes not in any position to do so to my understanding? you have already provided all your documents to cic ad got approved?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clark kent said:
Hehe!! I am going home...sick of being at work!! Moreover it's a Friday...

I guess the same thoughts were floating in the mind of the Call Centre Agent... 8)

I called them once ad the agent right away asked me " How many times did you call us already" and it was my first time ::) ad hes like the more you call the more your file gets delay
can you believe this

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Ottawa-applicant said:
I called them once ad the agent right away asked me " How many times did you call us already" and it was my first time ::) ad hes like the more you call the more your file gets delay
can you believe this
Yaah the call centre agents are badly trained and are just lazy...I felt like giving the agent a piece of my mind ...ahh well..no choice other than to wait and depend on GCMS notes....

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
ChrisK said:
Their rule is different, agent by agent.
Call again and ask other agent. He/she might let you know something. :)
Correct, It all depends on the agent.
I called and got some info that Eligibility in progress, Criminality not yet started, Medical passed.
It means getting MR is not guarantee that all is OK or they do not have updated info.

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
clark kent said:

I called call center a week back, the agent was so nice and provided all the info I needed. He confirmed me that they have received my medicals, PCC and RPRF upfront.. He suggested me to update my new address.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
mahesh324 said:
I called call center a week back, the agent was so nice and provided all the info I needed. He confirmed me that they have received my medicals, PCC and RPRF upfront.. He suggested me to update my new address.
Hey same here,

Second time is the charm!! just connected to the call centre agent few mins back and he was a v helpful gentleman who checked through my file multiple times. Unfortunately looks like no one has looked into my file since March 12th 2015. ( I received MR on March 9th 2015 ).

He said Eligibility still needs to be confirmed and Background checks are still in progress.

He also mentioned that since the application is within 12 month window and there is still time for the application to be completed and approved before July which is the standard time frame.

At least this gentleman had a heart and gave some consolation ( though I will still get frustrated 5 mins from now ).

Well nothing much to do now other than wait and watch!!

Happy weekend folks!!