waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
Landed at Carway border on 17 th May.

The process was simple and easy as mentioned by other posters about flag polling.

Although one thing to note that the CBSA officer asked me return all my previous work permits. I was not carrying all of them but latest one. The officer said the documents are Canadian property and should be returned to gov of Canada. It was not mandatory at the port of entry but the officer I was dealing with was very kind and also suggested that we can return the documents at the airports custom offices as well. :)

And finally he pronounced us PR of Canada and it was end of one hell of a journey. :)

One more thing to note that they have started asking questions about why you choose this port of entry, who told you and where did find about landing in here. I was careful in answering n told since it was long weekend we were planning to visit Calgary n since carway is just a 3 hours from Calgary we would land here. He particularly emphasized on why we have not chosen landing by appointment in CIC offices.

Again thanking you all for helping me in my journey and all the others. Cheers.

CYL

Feb 7, 2014
I have finally landed at Carway, Alberta on the passed long weekends.

I reached at the border at around 2:00 pm. The US side is pretty quiet. the US immigration officer asked where I am heading to.
I told him I was there to complete my Canadian PR landing and just there to flagpole. He took my passport and asked me to go into the office. He then gave me an administration refusal and asked me to make a U-turn back to the Canada side and wished me good luck.

When I reached the Canadian immigration, the Officer asked how long I have left Canada and if I have any firearms or drugs. I told her I was just flag poling. The officer took my passport and COPR, and then told me to go in to the office and wait in the waiting room.

It was long weekends on a Sunday. Surprisingly, it was very busy, there are ~20 people waiting in the room. While I was in the room, I overheard an Australian family was getting hard time from an officer. Not sure what is the story, but they have been in and out the room a few times. I was so nervous and kind of scared at the same time.

Long story short, after one and a half hour wait, I was called to the desk. The officer asked me a few more questions and we both signed the COPR. The officer asked me to surrender the latest work permit and congrats me, told me to go to Service Canada to get my new SIN after the long weekends and the PR card will be mailed to me in 6-8 weeks.

My PR journey is finally done. I can finally feel some relief. I then join my friends and visited the nearby provincial park and Calgary. Head back to Edmonton on the same night.

BTW, when I left, the Australian family was still there. ???

Here is my timeline:
Application received by CIO on: July 2, 2013
AOR received on: Aug 21, 2013
Medical Request: Feb 18,2014
Biodate and RPRF request:Feb 24, 2014
Medical Exam: Mar 12,2014
Medical Received: Mar 20, 2014
ECAS status: Decission Made: Mar 20, 2014
CPR: 25 Mar, 2014
Landed: 18 May 2014 at Carway, AB

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
Folks,

Me also waiting for PPR ..Meds done on 26Feb and uploaded on Mar 04th. I knew that this is under review but no idea how long this will take for completion of review.

I did asked from CIC, and they replied last week as per below"

At this moment we have every requested documents on file. An officer will call you back for further steps as soon as required.

still waiting to hear from CIC...for any further steps

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
bmp7519 said:
Folks,

Me also waiting for PPR ..Meds done on 26Feb and uploaded on Mar 04th. I knew that this is under review but no idea how long this will take for completion of review.

I did asked from CIC, and they replied last week as per below"

At this moment we have every requested documents on file. An officer will call you back for further steps as soon as required.

still waiting to hear from CIC...for any further steps
how did u know that ur file was under review?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^Most likely on the GCMS Notes. It shows there the Status, the person assigned, and the Due Date.
Another source of info is the MP. Their office will inquire and CIC will inform them of the status.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Included with App
MenicMonday said:
^Most likely on the GCMS Notes. It shows there the Status, the person assigned, and the Due Date.
Another source of info is the MP. Their office will inquire and CIC will inform them of the status.
i applied for my GCMS notes 30 days ago, so far haven't received them :( .. how do i know if my submission was processed? i only received an email with temp tracking num

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
CECapplicantXX said:
how did u know that ur file was under review?
Doctor did two chest x ray since 1st one shows abnormal and 2nd shows completely normal( in sapn of two days!! bad luck). The same is confirmed by CIC as well two months ago that my medical is under review by their medical department.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Included with App
bmp7519 said:
Doctor did two chest x ray since 1st one shows abnormal and 2nd shows completely normal( in sapn of two days!! bad luck). The same is confirmed by CIC as well two months ago that my medical is under review by their medical department.
did u email CIC or they emailed u? how did u find out ... sry for the 100 questions & thank u for ur response :)

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
CECapplicantXX said:
did u email CIC or they emailed u? how did u find out ... sry for the 100 questions & thank u for ur response :)
No problem buddy.

I emailed and asked why ECAS is not updated with "Medicals results received" and they replied telling my medical is under review by their medical department. ECAS update will happen only once the review is complete :(. THis was during 3rd week of March. Its been ~75 days since medical results upload.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Included with App
bmp7519 said:
No problem buddy.

I emailed and asked why ECAS is not updated with "Medicals results received" and they replied telling my medical is under review by their medical department. ECAS update will happen only once the review is complete :(. THis was during 3rd week of March. Its been ~75 days since medical results upload.
that sucks :( ... its been almost 60 days for us & its gettin harder & harder to wait .. our ECAS status says medical received & i emailed them once to ask if there is anything outstanding but no response & i dont want to email then again to cause any confusion ... am waitin for the GCMS notes hoping that it would shed some light but its been 30 days since i submitted the request with no answer :( ...

i hope everything goes smooth with ur application & ur medical review is passed

i have the same NOC num as urs 2171 & my applicant was received on Jul11 as well

salmon1978

Jan 3, 2013
Need help on how to reach CIC other than email

Guys, this really bothers me.

A while ago I received a letter from CIC saying my police certificate is "not sufficient". Here is what they said:

"we received the police certificate issued by the local police station (Shanghai City Public Security Bureau Certificate). But we require the police certificate issued by local Public Security Bureau."

They also provided the link on how to obtain a police certificate. However, I followed the link exactly and obtained the certificate I sent. I explained what happened and asked them what they need exactly. Each email contact cost at least two weeks and it seems they don't even bother to read my emails. They referred me to the same link, again and again, no more explanations.

Are there any ways I can call them or at least speak to a real person? Or maybe I should get a new certificate from the same place and sent it again?

Awesome3

Mar 1, 2014
Hi Friends

As i am in Rental flat, Due to some reason i need to change it to my home. DO i have to notify CIC for this residing address change? If i notify, Any chance to get extend my processing time? Pls advice. In all CIC mails, They mentioned only the mailing address change..pls notify

Pls advice seniors

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
I emailed CPC-O last week regarding my case and this is what I got
Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization at this moment. We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum.

In other words dont email us ever again just sit and wait lol ??? nothing else but continue to wait :-X :-\

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
stalintouch said:
I emailed CPC-O last week regarding my case and this is what I got
Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization at this moment. We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum.

In other words dont email us ever again just sit and wait lol ??? nothing else but continue to wait :-X :-\
Did you order GCMS notes? What does it says?

kkalra

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I just added a dependent on my application and sent all the required documents. Does anyone have any idea how long does it take generally to process that. As far as status of my application is concerned, I am done my Medical, landing fee and everything.

Thanks