+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2013 Applicants Join here

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
yoodada said:
I went to rainbow bridge today right after work. I landed.
The officer didn't ask me anything except for one question whether I'm planning to travel within the next 8 weeks.
I said yes and he said going to and back from us by vehicle is fine.
I wanted to bring some stuff from my country of my origin but I could not come up with a detailed description of things I want to bring. So I give up.
For those of you who are not in Canada when you land make sure you have a list of goods you want to bring to Canada. Provided this list you won't pay taxes when you bring goods to Canada such as a couch, tv, anything ...
Congrats yoodada! Thanks for sharing your experience. One question: is there a landing fee ?

SivSavir

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Thank you God! My Ecas has been changed to Medical Received. Hopefully I will receive PPR by Monday. Good Luck to every one!

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
yoodada said:
The officer didn't ask me anything except for one question whether I'm planning to travel within the next 8 weeks.
I wanted to bring some stuff from my country of my origin but I could not come up with a detailed description of things I want to bring. So I give up.
For those of you who are not in Canada when you land make sure you have a list of goods you want to bring to Canada. Provided this list you won't pay taxes when you bring goods to Canada such as a couch, tv, anything ...
Congrats on becoming PR!

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yoodada said:
Hi yoodada Congrats on becoming PR

Can you please lemme know weather u did flag poling or actually went to the US and came back?

thank you

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hi Guys,
I had a tough time landing. Me and my wife were sent back without landing and were asked to call CIC to book an appointment.
I tried two times, once in rainbow bridge and peace bridge. But, I did not enter US side as i didnt have US visa.

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
yoodada said:
Yoodada: Did you enter US and land back? or made a u turn taking a admission refusal from US side?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Montrealappl said:
Hi Guys,
I had a tough time landing. Me and my wife were sent back without landing and were asked to call CIC to book an appointment.
I tried two times, once in rainbow bridge and peace bridge. But, I did not enter US side as i didnt have US visa.
Hi Montrealappl,

Sorry to hear that. I have read on this forum that it depends on the officer at the border, sometimes they don't allow landing - perhaps, depending on the time of day. Mind sharing what day/time you attempted landing ? Thanks

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
razerblade said:
Hi Montrealappl,

Sorry to hear that. I have read on this forum that it depends on the officer at the border, sometimes they don't allow landing - perhaps, depending on the time of day. Mind sharing what day/time you attempted landing ? Thanks
Around 10PM on Friday...... there were hardly anyone at the desk....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Montrealappl said:
Around 10PM on Friday...... there were hardly anyone at the desk....
That's strange. Did they give any reason for refusing like not entering US ? I heard booking an appointment with CIC can take a while.

dileeptm

Jan 9, 2013
dileeptm said:
Friends,

I have received PPR today.But another road block is How to get it stamped as i am in india and applied from India.

Regards,
Dileep

I have mailed CIC for office location change and they replied in 3 days. Now i can stamp it in New Delhi via VFS.

Thanks
-dileep

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
dileeptm said:
I have mailed CIC for office location change and they replied in 3 days. Now i can stamp it in New Delhi via VFS.

Thanks
-dileep
Congrats Dileeptm!
Could you please share the format of the email which you sent to change the location of the visa office for stamping?

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
razerblade said:
That's strange. Did they give any reason for refusing like not entering US ? I heard booking an appointment with CIC can take a while.
The only reason given was rules have changed and anybody who is not landing from US and resides in Canada should land by taking an appointment by calling CIC.

At Rainbow bridge, they even had a big poster with the number for CIC to call. Even at Peace bridge, they said u have to leave Canada to be able to land at Port of Entry.
The immigration officer landed over a yellow slip to me and said i made a u-turn and did not enter US.

On the positive side, they asked if i had US visa and suggested to enter US pick a coffe at Starbucks and land back (the coffe thing was to mention the least time i would spend in US).

Cheers, anyways,,,,,,,, PR visa and CoPR has come, thats enough for now. I will book an appointment with CIC and let you all know.

yoodada

Feb 19, 2014
dannymp said:
Hi yoodada Congrats on becoming PR

Can you please lemme know weather u did flag poling or actually went to the US and came back?

thank you
I went to rainbow bridge and I went straight to the US border and told them I am here for Canadian landing. He gave me a sheet of refusal entry and then I turned back. My bf is a Canadian and I have a US visa but we still got this refusal because he needed to give us something before he could let us do a U turn on the other side of the road back to Canada.