Med's Request
13-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
i got my medical yesterday..

tae728

May 14, 2013
Hi There,

I applied 17th July 2012 and i have not receive any after AOR #, So I emailed CIC and i got a mesage back right away below.

is it good sign though??? and does anyone know how can i check e-cas status ??

Thank you.

Good Morning,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Here are some Common Questions that may assist you:

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
tae728 said:
Hi There,

I applied 17th July 2012 and i have not receive any after AOR #, So I emailed CIC and i got a mesage back right away below.

is it good sign though??? and does anyone know how can i check e-cas status ??

Thank you.

Good Morning,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Here are some Common Questions that may assist you:
The reply from CIC is a standard one which is a automated response.
They may reply in few days.

You can check status

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=24

calgaryboy24

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-10-2012
AOR Received.
August-2012
Med's Request
March-20-2013
Med's Done....
April-06-2013
Guys, i got the passport request this morning, i am very happy :D

nikkit

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012, received by Sydney July 19, 2012
AOR Received.
August 16, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
May 24, 2013
Med's Done....
June 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 7, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
i still havent heard anything from CIC after AOR. my ecas still says application received.

will emailling them help to speed up the process? any thoughts?

if emailing helps, what should my email say?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikkit said:
i still havent heard anything from CIC after AOR. my ecas still says application received.

will emailling them help to speed up the process? any thoughts?

if emailing helps, what should my email say?
Apply for GCMS notes...........It will not effect your process...

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
I have asked CIC the same question few weeks back "Does Applying GCMS has any affect on processing of my application"

and they have answered saying "They are two different process and GCMS notes are collected from logs related to your file and it has no affect on your file"

so I don't think it has any affect, however applying GCMS notes is good to get detailed information on your file.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
Anamadheya said:
I have asked CIC the same question few weeks back "Does Applying GCMS has any affect on processing of my application"

and they have answered saying "They are two different process and GCMS notes are collected from logs related to your file and it has no affect on your file"

so I don't think it has any affect, however applying GCMS notes is good to get detailed information on your file.
Getting GCMS got my out of a jam. I have a business and a work permit for it, although my work permit said Entrepreneur. I took this to think I can open any business that I want. I partnered with someone and opened a new business and sent info about that to CIC thinking they love entrepreneurs, I didn't hear back but they renewed my visa. Got GCMS and it clearly said only allowed to work on my original business and that I need a new permit for the new one. they didn't tell me I found it out. So I dismantled the new business and lucky for me there were 0 jobs done through it, it was basically only a registration which anyone can register, but not work in it.
morale of the story they have bad communication and GCMS notes are the only thing you can trust.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ihabkal said:
Getting GCMS got my out of a jam. I have a business and a work permit for it, although my work permit said Entrepreneur. I took this to think I can open any business that I want. I partnered with someone and opened a new business and sent info about that to CIC thinking they love entrepreneurs, I didn't hear back but they renewed my visa. Got GCMS and it clearly said only allowed to work on my original business and that I need a new permit for the new one. they didn't tell me I found it out. So I dismantled the new business and lucky for me there were 0 jobs done through it, it was basically only a registration which anyone can register, but not work in it.
morale of the story they have bad communication and GCMS notes are the only thing you can trust.
What's status of your CEC case?
Did you get MR request yet?

jj_rana

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
14-08-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
calgaryboy24 said:
Guys, i got the passport request this morning, i am very happy :D
Yay!! Congratulations boy.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
it is a self-employed case, "application received", applied May 10th 2012, nothing from them yet...why don't they close the self employed stream if they don't want self employed people?

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
When was the last time you applied for GCMS notes? it might shed some light. I got mine recently (applied April 9th) and found out that I was found eligible, and now they are just doing checks. I am a late May (may 28th, 2012) Applicant by the way.
good luck with your case!

ihabkal said:
it is a self-employed case, "application received", applied May 10th 2012, nothing from them yet...why don't they close the self employed stream if they don't want self employed people?