+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2012 PR Applications

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pjcanada said:
That's correct...you do not need any consent if you're primary. By default all your dependents info comes on the GCMS notes.
That's incorrect. And I (and everyone else) would appreciate if you guys stop providing wrong information. All information about GCMS request can be found online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp and it explicitly says it is recommended to provide consent form for anyone over 18 years old.
From my personal experience, the first time i applied and didn't provide the consent of my wife, my request was refused. So yes, it might fly in certain cases/officers, but do you really want to take a chance and waste a whole month waiting?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CECAUG1 said:
Thanks sashali78,

Can u please give me a link for those forms please......
Thanks a ton for quick reply....
That's the link for GCMS application guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
That's incorrect. And I (and everyone else) would appreciate if you guys stop providing wrong information. All information about GCMS request can be found online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp and it explicitly says it is recommended to provide consent form for anyone over 18 years old.
From my personal experience, the first time i applied and didn't provide the consent of my wife, my request was refused. So yes, it might fly in certain cases/officers, but do you really want to take a chance and waste a whole month waiting?
Hi Sashali78
As you have pointed out, so correctly, from the site and I quote," it is recommended.........." and when someone says it is recommended then it does not mean that it is mandatory.
Moreover, I had requested the GCMS notes 2wice and both times I did not submit my wife's consent. I received the notes both times. Like I had said in my response before, you do not NEED to provide it.
I appreciate your frustration but we are not providing wrong information. You are converting recommendation into mandatory requirement.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefulagain said:
Hi Sashali78
As you have pointed out, so correctly, from the site and I quote," it is recommended.........." and when someone says it is recommended then it does not mean that it is mandatory.
Moreover, I had requested the GCMS notes 2wice and both times I did not submit my wife's consent. I received the notes both times. Like I had said in my response before, you do not NEED to provide it.
I appreciate your frustration but we are not providing wrong information. You are converting recommendation into mandatory requirement.
There is no frustration from my side, on the contrary, I am trying to prevent frustration for others who follow incorrect advices. For some reason you failed to understand the last sentence of my post. Good luck to you and to all others who unable to equate word "recommended" to "mandatory" when immigration issues are concerned.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Guys...a bit off topic..
But do you know if the pic taken during the medical exam stage - later prints on the PR card?

if not - do they take a pic at the time of landing?

cheers

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InfoSeeker12 said:
Guys...a bit off topic..
But do you know if the pic taken during the medical exam stage - later prints on the PR card?

cheers
I think they make a picture when you do the landing. Not 100% sure though.

july262012

Apr 19, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
HI EVERYONE,

I GOT TWO MAILS ON MAY 4 2012 WITHOUT ATTACHENT, I FORWARDED THOSE MAILS TO CPP-O. NOW THE PROBLEM IS ONLY MYSELF GOT THE MEDICAL REQUEST, MY WIFE DID NOT GET THE MEDICAL RQUEST.
I SENT THEM THE QUERY AND FORWARDED THE MAIL 4 TIMES, STILL DID NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME OUT

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
july262012 said:
HI EVERYONE,

I GOT TWO MAILS ON MAY 4 2012 WITHOUT ATTACHENT, I FORWARDED THOSE MAILS TO CPP-O. NOW THE PROBLEM IS ONLY MYSELF GOT THE MEDICAL REQUEST, MY WIFE DID NOT GET THE MEDICAL RQUEST.
I SENT THEM THE QUERY AND FORWARDED THE MAIL 4 TIMES, STILL DID NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME OUT
hi july262012,

That shouldn't be a big problem. Search the forum for a little bit and I'm sure you'll find relevant info on how people did the medicals without receiving the actual request. Don't stress out so much, you'll be fine!

P.S. No need for all caps, btw.

july262012

Apr 19, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
ondine said:
hi july262012,

That shouldn't be a big problem. Search the forum for a little bit and I'm sure you'll find relevant info on how people did the medicals without receiving the actual request. Don't stress out so much, you'll be fine!

P.S. No need for all caps, btw.
can u inform me if you find anything

ganesh123

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-JUN-2012
AOR Received.
15-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
14-FEB-2013
Med's Done....
25-FEB-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-APR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-MAY-2013
LANDED..........
11-MAY-2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Guys...a bit off topic..

cheers
They would ask you to send 2 pictures per each applicant along with Passports when you receive your PPR request.
1 picture from these would be pasted on the CoPR letter and returned back to you along with the passports which has Immigrant Visa of single entry; and you need to submit the same when doing the landing. I believe, the other picture would be for their records.

Hope this helps

ganesh123

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-JUN-2012
AOR Received.
15-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
Med's Request
14-FEB-2013
Med's Done....
25-FEB-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-APR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-MAY-2013
LANDED..........
11-MAY-2013
sashali78 said:
There is no frustration from my side, on the contrary, I am trying to prevent frustration for others who follow incorrect advices. For some reason you failed to understand the last sentence of my post. Good luck to you and to all others who unable to equate word "recommended" to "mandatory" when immigration issues are concerned.
I have received the GCMS notes even though I have not provided any consent from my wife...as she is out of town when I applied for it...

and few officers might accept the request without a consent (like they did in my case)...

But, as Sashila rightly pointed out, do you guys really want to take a chance and waste a month just waiting for a rejection of notes (if it happens) ?

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
:D Yay.....got my PPR this morning! ;D ;D
What a relief!

Looks like CIC is moving sequentially for July applicants for those who received MR.

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
ganesh123,
I am still waiting for MR.
What are the photo needs from this point on?
Since it is eMedicals, I believe photos are not needed for that.
So it it just 2 photos to send when I get PPR request? (total of 2 per applicant form now on till landing)

ganesh123 said:
They would ask you to send 2 pictures per each applicant along with Passports when you receive your PPR request.
1 picture from these would be pasted on the CoPR letter and returned back to you along with the passports which has Immigrant Visa of single entry; and you need to submit the same when doing the landing. I believe, the other picture would be for their records.

Hope this helps

rpslva

Aug 18, 2012
TORONTO, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
13-08-2012
Med's Request
11-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting....
I emailed RPRF payment reciept as an attachment to "CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca" and "OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca".

Can anyone advise whether the same should be mailed to CPP-O. If so, what is the address? Thanks