+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2012 PR Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
calgaryboy24 said:
Hello Guys,

I finally landed last weekend and i am a proud Canadian PR now. :D

Took me long time to get my PR but overall i am very very happy . I drove to Carway border crossing in Alberta and took me around 4 hrs to go through the process. Officer at the US side was really nice and helpful but at the Canadian side was rude and unprofessional. Anyways who cares after getting all this. ::)

I want to say a BIG thank you to every member and owner of this forum for their great help and suggestions. You guys are awesome. Best of luck to ones who are waiting for their PR and god bless you all :)
Congrats man!!! All the best. My time of waiting is about to begin September this year :)

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
calgaryboy24 said:
Hello Guys,

I finally landed last weekend and i am a proud Canadian PR now. :D

Took me long time to get my PR but overall i am very very happy . I drove to Carway border crossing in Alberta and took me around 4 hrs to go through the process. Officer at the US side was really nice and helpful but at the Canadian side was rude and unprofessional. Anyways who cares after getting all this. ::)

I want to say a BIG thank you to every member and owner of this forum for their great help and suggestions. You guys are awesome. Best of luck to ones who are waiting for their PR and god bless you all :)
CONGRATS CALGARY BOY.. :) :)

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
now after proving them that i genuinely worked in the company with lots of proof send,,after 1 year they refused it by saying ur not doing duties as per noc......
according to me only wording used is different,,only 2 of the duties were different wording rest were matching exactly,,what the heck is wrong with tthe immigration,,,,,can someone pls help what to do next,im just shocked

junione2

Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received by Sydney on 26th July 2012
Doc's Request.
RCMP police certificate requested on 5th May 2013
AOR Received.
20th Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
20th Aug 2012
Med's Request
27th Mar 2013
Med's Done....
11th Apr 2013(e-cas updated "Medical results have been received" on 5th July 2013)
Passport Req..
22th July 2013 - RPRF & Biodata, PPR received same day(e-cas updated "Decision made" on 18th July 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
13th Aug 2013 - CIC received passport on 24th July 2013
LANDED..........
16th Aug 2013 - passport back on 15th Aug 2013 and landed at Abbotsford huntingdon border
hey guys!

My e-cas status updated last thursday "Decision Made"
But still waiting RPRF & Biodata, PPR

MY timelines are

Application received - 26th July 2012
Aor received - 20th August 2012
Meds request - 27th March 2013
Meds done - 11th April 2013(Medical result sent to CIC 23th April 2013)
Re-Meds request - 8th May 2013(got a phone call from doctor office, CIC requested Re-Meds for my wife because high-blood pressure)
Re-Meds done - 9th May 2013(Re-Medical result sent to CIC 6th June 2013)
RCMP Police Certificate request(me and my wife, two children over 18) - 9th May 2013(sent 23th May both by email and mail)

ecas status showing
"Medical result received" on 5th July 2013
"Decision Made" on 18th July 2013

RPRF & Biodata - waiting
PPR- waiting (I am from visa exemption country)

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Guys, It's been year for people in this thread thought of asking did
All of you finished your pr process. I just wanted to know if its
Stupid to expect this whole process to over in a year time frame.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
gagan4u said:
can someone plsssss tell me good E-Medical doctor in GTA for medical exam. ::)
Hi Gagan,

I have seen couple of guys leaving good words for Dr. Martin Taylor. Not just smooth check up process but also quick sending of your docs to CIC - which is the crucial part.

All the best.

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
gagan4u said:
can someone plsssss tell me good E-Medical doctor in GTA for medical exam. ::)
so gagan4u, does that mean its good news for you. The proof that you sent worked and Visa officers concerns are now addressed?
Good for you if it is indeed and you have moved on to the next stage..

seekr

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
I had done my medicals on June 7 and the doctor office said they sent it within 3 weeks.
No news yet. no updates on eCAS.
Is anyone else in the same boat? i.e done medicals in June but without any updates on eCAS or no PPR yet?

junione2

Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20th Aug 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20th Aug 2012
Med's Request
27th Mar 2013
Med's Done....
11th Apr 2013(e-cas updated "Medical results have been received" on 5th July 2013)
Passport Req..
22th July 2013 - RPRF & Biodata, PPR received same day(e-cas updated "Decision made" on 18th July 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16th Aug 2013 - passport back on 15th Aug 2013 and landed at Abbotsford huntingdon border
junione2 said:
hey guys!

My e-cas status updated last thursday "Decision Made"
But still waiting RPRF & Biodata, PPR

MY timelines are

Application received - 26th July 2012
Aor received - 20th August 2012
Meds request - 27th March 2013
Meds done - 11th April 2013(Medical result sent to CIC 23th April 2013)
Re-Meds request - 8th May 2013(got a phone call from doctor office, CIC requested Re-Meds for my wife because high-blood pressure)
Re-Meds done - 9th May 2013(Re-Medical result sent to CIC 6th June 2013)
RCMP Police Certificate request(me and my wife, two children over 18) - 9th May 2013(sent 23th May both by email and mail)

ecas status showing
"Medical result received" on 5th July 2013
"Decision Made" on 18th July 2013

RPRF & Biodata - waiting
PPR- waiting (I am from visa exemption country)
Hi guys

Today I got RPRF & Biodata and PPR by email.

I am from visa exemption country but they ask to us send all ours passport by mail. It never says copy of passport(we are six in my family) and two photo each of us for PR card.

As they requested I am going to send original passport tomorrow.

Any one has same experience like me?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
junione2 said:
Hi guys

Today I got RPRF & Biodata and PPR by email.

I am from visa exemption country but they ask to us send all ours passport by mail. It never says copy of passport(we are six in my family) and two photo each of us for PR card.

As they requested I am going to send original passport tomorrow.

Any one has same experience like me?
I haven't myself but I've seen someone here before have that request - if I remember correctly, his wife was from a non-visa exempt country and his was visa exempt. They asked for both. Could this be your situation?

junione2

Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20th Aug 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20th Aug 2012
Med's Request
27th Mar 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lpc19800 said:
I haven't myself but I've seen someone here before have that request - if I remember correctly, his wife was from a non-visa exempt country and his was visa exempt. They asked for both. Could this be your situation?
No we are all from visa exempt county.
As they requested I sent our original passport and photo, biodata, receipt of RPRF today in the morning by xpresspost.

Hope it will get back soon

Thanks lpc19800

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys and Girls

I know I had never posted my timelines but just wanted to update (to anyone that is interested) that I have recvd my family and my passports today. It was an eventful 11 months.

Infoseeker12 - you have been a big support.

And, I would like to personally thank jes_on. jes_on,if you are reading this, thank you. You had been a big help when I started out in this forum. Your patience and advice was really helpful.

there were a couple of things I learned from my experience......

1) This process can really take up a good part of your life. Learn to relax and divert your mind to other stuff - otherwise the process and the waiting period will drive you crazy.

2) It is your duty to convince the VO that you are eligible. Go through your documents 3 times and then go through them again. Are you convinced with your claims? If not, then how can a VO believe your claims? Remember that a VO doesnt have the patience or the attachment to spend time on your application and confirm with you.

3) I had applied with exact 1 year experience but I ensured that my documentation proof for the same was without any holes......and then I checked it again.

4) This has been said before and I just repeating the obvious - your company letter has to be PERFECT. i got a letter from my employer and the client and ensured that it covered all the points mentioned in the checklist. I also went 1 step further and asked my the client to put the NOC code in the letter. I felt that when a VO will see the NOC code in the letter from the client, it will give veracity to my claim. I know that the letter from HRSDC has been a point of debate before, but I sincerely feel that adding that does not cause any harm.

5) Birth certificate - another issue. It has been verified from many sources that date of birth cert from embassy is NOT a birth certificate, dont treat it as one. Other options - getting a birth certificate (my wife and I got ours), or school certificates or even an affidavit.

6) PCC - One of my PCC was 3 months and 10 days old when I sent my application and, they didnt ask me to submit a new one. I dont know why they didnt ask as I had appended a cover letter advising them that if required i would provide a new one but............

7) Please provide as much details as you can in your forms. Every address my wife and I changed in the last 10 years, every country we had stayed in or visited, every minute detail of our life was completely detailed in the forms - I felt that if i could convey to the VO that I had nothing to hide, he/she would be more convinced of my candidacy. Was I right? I dont know but it worked for me.

8. My child was born in Canada after I had applied. I sent them an email advising them of the birth but, till date they have not ask me to submit the birth certificate for the child. I had sent them the hospital discharge records and they were happy with that...........so, is it REALLY a requirement, I am not sure but I would recommend leaving the ball in their court for such issues. Inform them promptly and let them advise you on the next steps.

9) GCMS notes - use them - they bring peace of mind. I had got them in June 2013 and the notes indicated that everything was done on my application. There were VO notes indicating that PP to be requested and it was dated mid may 2013. However the PPR didnt come till Mid-July. Why? I have no idea and honestly, today, I dont care. So to all of those people that are waiting for their PPR - Please have some more patience. You all are almost there. I know it can get to be really frustrating but we do not have any control over this and there will come a time too for all of you when you wont even remember or care about this delay.

All of you have knowingly and unknowingly been a big help to my application process. I cant thank you all enough. All I can say is that make sure that you cross all the t's and dot all the i's - and then hope for the best.

Good luck.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Hopefulagain said:
Hi Guys and Girls

I know I had never posted my timelines but just wanted to update (to anyone that is interested) that I have recvd my family and my passports today. It was an eventful 11 months.

Infoseeker12 - you have been a big support.

And, I would like to personally thank jes_on. jes_on,if you are reading this, thank you. You had been a big help when I started out in this forum. Your patience and advice was really helpful.

there were a couple of things I learned from my experience......

1) This process can really take up a good part of your life. Learn to relax and divert your mind to other stuff - otherwise the process and the waiting period will drive you crazy.

2) It is your duty to convince the VO that you are eligible. Go through your documents 3 times and then go through them again. Are you convinced with your claims? If not, then how can a VO believe your claims? Remember that a VO doesnt have the patience or the attachment to spend time on your application and confirm with you.

3) I had applied with exact 1 year experience but I ensured that my documentation proof for the same was without any holes......and then I checked it again.

4) This has been said before and I just repeating the obvious - your company letter has to be PERFECT. i got a letter from my employer and the client and ensured that it covered all the points mentioned in the checklist. I also went 1 step further and asked my the client to put the NOC code in the letter. I felt that when a VO will see the NOC code in the letter from the client, it will give veracity to my claim. I know that the letter from HRSDC has been a point of debate before, but I sincerely feel that adding that does not cause any harm.

5) Birth certificate - another issue. It has been verified from many sources that date of birth cert from embassy is NOT a birth certificate, dont treat it as one. Other options - getting a birth certificate (my wife and I got ours), or school certificates or even an affidavit.

6) PCC - One of my PCC was 3 months and 10 days old when I sent my application and, they didnt ask me to submit a new one. I dont know why they didnt ask as I had appended a cover letter advising them that if required i would provide a new one but............

7) Please provide as much details as you can in your forms. Every address my wife and I changed in the last 10 years, every country we had stayed in or visited, every minute detail of our life was completely detailed in the forms - I felt that if i could convey to the VO that I had nothing to hide, he/she would be more convinced of my candidacy. Was I right? I dont know but it worked for me.

8. My child was born in Canada after I had applied. I sent them an email advising them of the birth but, till date they have not ask me to submit the birth certificate for the child. I had sent them the hospital discharge records and they were happy with that...........so, is it REALLY a requirement, I am not sure but I would recommend leaving the ball in their court for such issues. Inform them promptly and let them advise you on the next steps.

9) GCMS notes - use them - they bring peace of mind. I had got them in June 2013 and the notes indicated that everything was done on my application. There were VO notes indicating that PP to be requested and it was dated mid may 2013. However the PPR didnt come till Mid-July. Why? I have no idea and honestly, today, I dont care. So to all of those people that are waiting for their PPR - Please have some more patience. You all are almost there. I know it can get to be really frustrating but we do not have any control over this and there will come a time too for all of you when you wont even remember or care about this delay.

All of you have knowingly and unknowingly been a big help to my application process. I cant thank you all enough. All I can say is that make sure that you cross all the t's and dot all the i's - and then hope for the best.

Good luck.
Thank you for this very helpful note. I got my GCMS notes today and I was wondering where to find the notes re PP request. The notes show everything as completed/passed except for criminality which shows as in process. Application status is also in process and the deadline is August 19th 2013 -- less than a month from now.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahek286 said:
Thank you for this very helpful note. I got my GCMS notes today and I was wondering where to find the notes re PP request. The notes show everything as completed/passed except for criminality which shows as in process. Application status is also in process and the deadline is August 19th 2013 -- less than a month from now.
Hi Mahek

Towards the end of the GCMS notes there is a section where a VO can put his/her comments. It was there that a VO had commented in mid-may 2013 - " RPRF, Bio-data, family configuration and PPR requested". I had received RPRF and Bio data request in June but PPR only came in July. But, this line gave me immense peace.